Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-21, 11:27 AM  
Vantreesta

July 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 11:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's July goals

Not sure how I'm doing July yet. I feel stagnant and haven't even been good about checking off my spreadsheet for the past several months.

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

TOOK THE WHOLE MONTH OFF FROM GOALS AND TRACKING.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-23-21, 11:53 AM  
Leonana

Here for July!
Old 06-23-21, 02:03 PM  
MathTeacher

July goals

Weekly
Upper Body 3 days
Lower body 3 days
Cardio 3 days
Jessica Valant Hips 7 days

Monthly
Finish cross stitch
Finish puzzle

Try on work clothes (THE HORROR!)

Bonus
Jessica Valant before noon

Reward
31 Days of Jessica gets me something really good. What??? I don't know
Old 06-24-21, 09:18 AM  
Catahoula Cate

~Katie's July Goals~

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk
4. dvd or youtube
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Declutter
7. Gratitude Journal
8. 5 lb weight loss 5 pts

Total Points: 222 Goal: 200

Total Week One: 49 pts

Total Week Two: 48 pts

7/15: 5 pts
7/16: 5 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 11:30 AM  
Vantreesta

I really don't know what to aim for anymore. I think I will set these goals and then give myself a little time off. I plan to not even check off my spreadsheet until July 12 and see if the break helps. So maybe I won't even print it off till then. No pressure to check off smthg that doesn't exist yet plus if I change my mind on the goals I can update before I print.

Old 07-01-21, 04:03 PM  
Leonana

Fourth day of Lift and Shift. I'm enjoying it much more this time around. I'm modifying more, shortening the workouts, and that's working well for me.

I need something to focus on lately, and Lift and Shift is helping. Dd moved out a couple of weeks ago, into an apartment with a friend. She's close, but I don't see her every day anymore. Then our best friends moved two hours northeast, to live closer to their daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. It's been a lonely month. It really makes me grateful for the check ins.
Old 07-01-21, 04:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I'm glad you have smthg to focus on and you're making the program work for you. I can understand feeling lonely with those changes. Life can have some big changes that aren't easy. I used to tell my mom pretty much everything and my mother-in-law almost as much. And then my brother and I used to text pretty much every day with lots of conversation and my friend from HS and I would text. They used to date in HS and after my mom got sick she flew to AZ to see my parents. She and my brother went out to eat and it was like 20 years hadn't passed and they got back together and she moved out there. I am so happy they have each other but now I don't hear as much from either of them. That's a lot of change in just a few years. The loss of strong connections is hard, no matter why they come about. I'm glad your daughter didn't move real far away but it is still very different from seeing her every day! Is the friend that moved your Goodwill shopping buddy?

I'm probably not working out today. Just not feeling it. I've been pretty emotional the last few days, missing Mom. Some days are that way and that's okay. While listening to/kind of watching the Twins I made peanut butter fudge and have buckeyes ready to dip. I need to clean bathrooms and floors still today. If I can find the mental energy it would be nice to get my run in to stay on schedule but we'll see how it goes.

Old 07-01-21, 05:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh shoot! I wasn't even thinking about it being the 1st day of the month! Okay, I gotta do a workout of some sort to start the month off right, even if it's something low key.

Old 07-01-21, 05:21 PM  
MathTeacher

LOL!

As always I have gotten the month off to a bad start. We had a celebration at our house last night so I slept until 9 this morning. I missed my morning stretch, because I could not get my crap together. I swear I am going to exercise soon.