Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-21, 02:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, LOL for beating that roast into submission. It was a hopeful sign when your DH said the gravy was delicious.

Check-in: half hour lap swim. I'm going to call on Friday to make my 2 reservations for next week. It feels so good!

Did I ever tell you about my swim parka? You don't swim in it, but it's a post-swim coverup in another dimension from terry cloth.Got it years ago from www.SwimOutlet.com
Although I swim in an indoor pool, I don't use the shower in the locker room. Several reasons: all the showers are in one mega shower stall - no privacy; low flow and limited to 5 minutes. And I live less than a mile away. I prefer not to lug all my shower stuff around. It's very difficult to rinse shampoo off completely with low flow for only 5 minutes anyway. So it's nearly always, except for the very occasional heat wave, cold outside. The swim parka keeps me from catching cold on the walk from the building to my car.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 09:17 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

The roast was a hit with DH. I still have no clue as to why it took so long to cook. LOL

Cynthia I have never heard of a swim parka. I searched their site now I know what it is. https://www.swimoutlet.com/womens-sw...7/?Search=sayt

Check-In: CS Abs & Core and Reps to the Rhythm 30 MIN Latin Workout with MOM! 4000 Steps (I really liked the Mom in this one) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyE5HUpe0BA

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 09:30 PM  
seabliss

Today I walked outdoors before the rain, and then I did a Heather Robertson upper body dumbbell workout. I was pretty upset because after a full week of diligent measuring of foods and calorie counting and extra physical activity, I have lost 0 pounds. But I had my thyroid levels checked this week, one month into the meds. Of the numbers the doctor's office has gotten back, one of my levels has actually dropped in half. So hopefully they can increase my medication and correct the issues.

Diana, pretty funny about the crock pot roast! Your DH sounds like he has a great sense of humor.

Cynthia, we will either put DD into public school or there is a possibility we'll do an international school that is U.S.-based. Of course I will still check in! The internet makes distances equal when it comes to these things.
Old 05-27-21, 07:51 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Of course I will still check in! The internet makes distances equal when it comes to these things.
Great news! This was on my mind, too.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-27-21, 07:52 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 10,141
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-27-21, 03:11 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Oh what a relief! HandyKen repaired the stove! Examined it, bought a part from a local store that sells parts, installed the part. Also repaired the kitchen sink disposal unit which had stopped turning on when the switch was turned on. A small fraction of what replacements would have cost.

Cheryl, weight loss isn't what it used to be, I know. The way I've been eating I should lose 2 lbs a week. Since January, I have lost a pound per month. I recently started a plan I read about (where else, Woman's World) which adds chicory as a supplement. I got some from amazon. At the very least, it has helped my digestion. The article is online
http://www.womansworld.com/posts/hea...er-weight-loss
In the article, the heroine mentions adding the powder to "store-brand caramel protein shakes" with no further info. I discovered that Premier Protein caramel shakes, liquid, are sold at Rite Aid, Walmart, and Target. I had been unaware that caramel shakes existed and I really like them. At 160 calories per 11 oz little carton, they're a nice snack.

While I was looking for the chicory one, I ran across this, which is not keto, Heal Your Thyroid, Balance Your Blood Sugar.
https://www.womansworld.com/posts/di...on-diet-141003

I need to rest for a while after the tension of the repair process, and fearing having to buy
a new stove. Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 07:54 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's "Brutal Booty and Leg Slimming Workout," which is really just an unweighted lower body workout, kind of like Blogilates. Also walked outdoors.

Diana, I had a Zoom book club meeting with my girlfriends in Austin (and one now in Colorado). With social media, it makes no difference where you live! I would definitely want to keep connecting with you all.

Cynthia, hooray for HandyKen! He sounds like he's worth his weight in gold. DH had the trackpad in my old 2011 Macbook Pro replaced today for a little over $100. Now we have another working laptop, and this one has a cd/dvd player, unlike all the new ones that have come out. And it will work with my old Photoshop program, which I own outright. The current Photoshop programs require a monthly subscription. So there is something to be said for repairing older devices!
Old 05-27-21, 08:21 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia Yay for getting the appliances repaired.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-28-21, 07:47 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

The last couple of nights I haven't slept well. I'm feeling it this morning. I will be doing some touch up cleaning today.

Steps for yesterday: 12,474
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-28-21, 08:41 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk & CS Shoulder Pain & Tension Relief Workout

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana