Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-20, 08:25 AM  
LoveVA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I won't be able to do any of the new workouts until this weekend. However, I previewed the hiit ones last night. They both look great.

The high impact one has a lot of squat thrusts/burpees. So if that isn't your thing, you've been warned. She does mention, a few times, to modify if necessary.



The low impact looks pretty tough. It is definitely LOW impact, but it is not NO impact. There are quite a few moves in her older low impact hiit workouts where your feet never leave the ground. This isn't the case here. But it is definitely LOW impact. And it looks like it is easy to modify to no impact if you want.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 08:59 AM  
bubbles76
VF Supporter
 
bubbles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Bubbles- Oh, lucky you! There are some distinct advantages to living in NJ! Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow
Decent bagels, good pizza, and quick access to Cathe workouts
__________________
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:10 AM  
fanofladyvols
VF Supporter
 
fanofladyvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Modify City, State of Fierce
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I won't be able to do any of the new workouts until this weekend. However, I previewed the hiit ones last night. They both look great.

The high impact one has a lot of squat thrusts/burpees. So if that isn't your thing, you've been warned. She does mention, a few times, to modify if necessary.



The low impact looks pretty tough. It is definitely LOW impact, but it is not NO impact. There are quite a few moves in her older low impact hiit workouts where your feet never leave the ground. This isn't the case here. But it is definitely LOW impact. And it looks like it is easy to modify to no impact if you want.
LoveVa That's helpful!! Thanks for the heads up. I thought as much from her clip and have tried to prepare ways to modify just in case.

You may not be able to answer this from previewing, so that's ok if you can't, but do you think having a high step set up nearby would be in the way of the moves?
__________________
Don't just work hard, work smart....Pat Head Summitt

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word for 2021: Resilience
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:30 AM  
LoveVA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
LoveVa That's helpful!! Thanks for the heads up. I thought as much from her clip and have tried to prepare ways to modify just in case.

You may not be able to answer this from previewing, so that's ok if you can't, but do you think having a high step set up nearby would be in the way of the moves?
So the only equipment needed for the hiit workouts is a step with 2 risers on each side, but only for the bonus segment. There is no equipment needed for the main workouts. If you don't plan to do the bonus segment you don't need anything at all. There is some side-to-side movement in both workouts and back-to-front movement in the low impact one. I think you could have a high step off to the side, just keep in mind how much you tend to move in side-to-side movement. I'm short, so I don't need that much room for movement.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols
VF Supporter
 
fanofladyvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Modify City, State of Fierce
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
There is some side-to-side movement in both workouts and back-to-front movement in the low impact one. I think you could have a high step off to the side, just keep in mind how much you tend to move in side-to-side movement. I'm short, so I don't need that much room for movement.
Ok that doesn't sound like the cardio choo choos all over the place...cool!
Thank you!!

PERFECT 30 Guide
https://cathe.com/perfect30guide/
__________________
Don't just work hard, work smart....Pat Head Summitt

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word for 2021: Resilience

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-23-20 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added link for the guide
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 12:12 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter
 
FitBoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Mine came today! I quarantine my mail for a day or two, so I will try them this weekend!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:27 AM  
shoegoddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So. California
Mine are scheduled for today!
__________________
CINDY

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 09:02 AM  
fanofladyvols
VF Supporter
 
fanofladyvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Modify City, State of Fierce
My tracking says scheduled delivery for today!!!

. .
__________________
Don't just work hard, work smart....Pat Head Summitt

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word for 2021: Resilience
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 10:42 AM  
tiletha444
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Mine came today! I quarantine my mail for a day or two, so I will try them this weekend!
I quarantine my mail, too... but when I get my Cathe package, I don't think I can wait!! I'm just going to have to lysol-wipe it down really well.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 11:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter
 
Usia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago Area
Why am I looking at this set? It's too advanced for me and yet......I'm tempted.
__________________
Dana

Avatar: Oliver! Our new family member as of Jan 24, 2021
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect30

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness