Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-18-21, 12:08 PM  
T2B

Helen - Cathe’s bands & loops are really nice. The loops don’t roll which happens to me a lot with Cathe’s firewalker loops. That’s cool that you can make your own fabric loops. Are you following a rotation? This will be my 5th week of using Cathe’s new workouts so I’m looking forward to moving on. I’m sure I’ll use the timesaver premixes more than the full workouts going forward. They are perfect travel workouts. Enjoy your holidays.

Jane - HBO Max sent me a 1/2 off for 6 months but I’m having trouble signing up. Looks like you have to sign up through another 3rd party instead of directly through the HBO Max app. The app is recognizing my email address and won’t let me sign up again because I’m already registered. I’ll have to look at this again in couple of days. I started watching Titans and had made it halfway thru Season 2 before Prime Video pulled the plug. More info than you wanted, I’m sure. Btw, I’m watching Murder in the Building on Hulu - kind of weird, fun moments and I’m intrigued enough to keep watching.

Glad you’re in a good place for where you are right now in your fitness journey. I think those lower intensity months are what are body needs to heal and get stronger for the next surge. You’re doing great!

Chrys - how’s it going?

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 06:37 PM  
Helen

Saturday
Cathe - Intensity - Intensity Step + Low Impact HIIT Mix/Match

T2B
No, not following rotation - rarely use them, just collect them. When I retire, maybe life will lend itself more to sticking to them.

Yes, travelling workouts!! Hadn't cognitively registered that aspect about them yet.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 02:17 AM  
Elsie

Nope, haven't gotten them yet. For awhile, the tracking said the est. Date was Sept 12th, then the 13th. Now it doesn't say anything.
I expect probably next week.
Helen, that is an excellent idea to make your own hip loops. I have loops, couple of fire-walkers, a pull-up band etc and am gonna just see how what I already have works and go from there. It's nice to hear that Cathe's fabric bands are so high quality. For me, the cost was a lot and there are other more Canadian places I can purchase those, so I just decided on that. I'll see how it goes!
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. Been raining a lot here which we sorely need, however there are some landslide warnings due to the earth being so scorched from the heat wave and dry weather. What a bizarre year this has been. Covid hospitalizations around here have been way up over the last 7-8 days too.
Hmmm .... I might have to look around youtube for some Gilad as it looks a bit popular in our check-in. I remember seeing a couple of full ones on youtube before, but (this is a bit shallow) his get-up with the white leggings etc made me judge it as a non-serious routine, but yes.. Looks can be deceiving as you say Jane.

Take care all!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 08:37 AM  
AnMrsDe

ASAS, I hope your eye is better by now. Do you think it is allergy related?

Jane, I keep looking here to see if you posted any news yet. Is everything still ok with your DD? Hope it’s soon!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 12:40 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe Still no baby! She’s a few days past her due date now but her BP is up so they have her on bed rest. I think when she goes back to the doctor tomorrow that they just might send her to the hospital and keep her. I’m just hoping that she doesn’t have to get a C section. Thanks for asking!!

TB2 I remember having email issues with HBO max too. I don’t really remember what I did but I must have worked it out. I watched the first episode of Murder. I thought it was cute and I do love Steve Martin but I have a habit of watching one episode of a show and never going back. I also watched the first episode of Scenes from a Marriage. I didn’t dislike it but it seems depressing. I’ve actually been watching little Bon Appetit YouTube videos. I like Carla, she’s very funny!!

Elsie You’ve really been waiting a long time! I order fabric from a Canadian company and they use a courier then ship USPS. It does take longer but not this long! I hope you enjoy them!! If you don’t like retro workouts don’t be lured into that Gilad workout. I can’t stand those old workouts. I hate the outfits and the music. It’s really a shame because it was a very solid workout, I just need the remake!!

Helen What kind of fabric are you planning on using for those bands? I feel like that would be thick and sticky getting that through the machine. And it might be more $$ to buy fabric than the bands.

ASAS I hope your eye is getting better!!

Waves to all!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 06:27 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I didn't do anything except work this week. Was exhausted with just that, so it was enough. Between the devious licks tiktok nonsense closing bathrooms at schools everywhere, the # of ever increasing covid cases, the funeral home mess that is still going on, and the general anxiety at school, I think I am just over stressed. I just did a dance walk to the Cruella soundtrack and got over 9000 steps. I thought the record was super long, but alexa continued right into an 80s station, so I just kept going lol
Jane, I went past my due date with my first, so I feel for your daughter <3
ASAS, I hope your eye is better
Elsie, we need rain badly here. It's been a dry several years.
Helen, great workout!
T2B, I'll have to check out that hilu show.
Hi, Cher!
AnMrsDe, I go to theaters for the traveling Broadway plays. They are starting up again in October.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 07:34 PM  
Helen

JANE
• I'd use 10cm (4") wide elastic. Using the right needle helps with thick fabric - I can easily take up the hem on jeans and sew through the layers - even have the same thick orange/brown thread so you can't tell they've been taken up.
• Absolutely - if the cost of the makings even comes close to buying them (including postage) - I won't bother. That'd defeat the purpose of making them.
• Hope all goes well for your daughter and her baby and that the coming weeks are all joy.

CHRYS
Had to look up "devious licks tiktok" was. For decades, I've shut down all talk of kids daring each other, including playing "truth or dare" as they simply encourage people to do things their principles would otherwise stop them from doing - either the dare, or revealing a secret. Hate that kind of thing. HATE!

ELSIE
• I would imagine you could get equivalent quality bands and loops of a similar kind more local to you - and avoid the postage problem.
• Not shallow about the white tights - psychological impact is real.

Sunday
10min Twisty Yoga
38min, Michelle Bridges - Tight, Toned, Terrific - mix of various parts.
Michelle Bridges was a Biggest Loser trainer in our version, but not in the same style as Jillian. Her DVDs are like 10 min solutions

Monday is always choreogrphy day with my workout (via FaceTime) buddy.
Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step, 6"
Her workouts STILL consistently put me in a good mood, I don't even think about looking at the timer, and an hour can go by & I'm disappointed it's over.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 07:04 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you everyone for the well wishes feeling better already.

AMD, since my eyes were really itchy, I probably did a micro scar while rubbing my eyes, then the bactery we all have on the skin came in and caused an infection, that's what the doctor said, or it could be an allergy reaction to the first treatment I got at the Pharmacy.

Jane, praying that everything goes well for your daughter and the baby. I was past my due date too when I had my DD.

Chrys, I had to Google that TikTok thing, that's terrible I hope things get calm down at school.

Elsie, I can't believe you are still waiting for your pre-order to arrive. I feel you, I ordered two used DVDs from Amazon, both arrived on August 25th, one was delivered the very next day, the other one is somewhere with Canada Post...

Waves to all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 04:00 AM  
Elsie

Chrys, so sorry about all that stress going on. Great job on all those steps, Wow!!
ASAS, speedy recovery to you with your eye. Sounds awful.
Jane, I, too, am sending the best of wishes for your daughter right now on her childbirth.
Waving to everyone. Take care.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 06:28 AM  
Dontmindthemess

The baby is here! Mom and baby boy are both healthy and my daughter said it was a great experience. 8lb even and 20 inches with a head full of dark hair that I’m sure will fall out. Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts, low impact series info