Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-21, 12:11 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

Happy to say I'm back to more consistency in my workouts now that some things have calmed down. Sleeping is still hit or miss - thanks to menopause and one of my cats, who is a huge pain in the butt lately. Hungry in the middle of the night so she walks all over us until someone gives in and feeds her. It's usually my husband as I just toss a pillow at her hoping she'll retreat!

Friday
Pushups
Body Electric Series 700, show 6: Biceps, Triceps, Outer & Inner Thighs
Lesley Fightmaster's Morning Yoga at the Beach - short, about 11 minutes.

I love Margaret's Outer and Inner thigh workouts - very basic and simple. I add leg weights and it's a good workout!

Saturday
12 mile bike ride then clean house

Sunday - today!
Pushups
Body Electric Series 700, Show 2 - Biceps, Triceps, Abs, Glutes, Inner Thighs
2 mile hike in a very, very, very muddy nature preserve near the house. Boots had to be hosed down and now drying in the sun!

Pat Absolutely nothing interesting in my early morning bike ride. Being sleep deprived, I chose a very flat and easy bike trail near the house. I'm happy that I at least got out there! How's the turkey? I just love them. We see a lot around these parts!

Donna there's something to be said about a good workout and NOT feeling beaten up and exhausted. The older I get, the less I want to feel like I've been tossed out of a moving car! When I was younger, yes! Crazy, no?

Summer Breeze Too bad about the pedicure. I just love, love, love pedicures and having my feet rubbed. Cannot get the darn hubby to do that for me!

Hi to anyone swinging by! Have a great day! We're football fans so that's what we'll be doing the rest of the day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

I'm hoping for another walk today in this beautiful late summer/early fall weather.

DONNA, hope you got out for a walk in this lovely weather.

DIANE, glad things calmed down a bit for you. Nice workouts and bike ride. I use ankle weights with MR too. I like her inner thigh work on the back where you pull your legs in and out over the side lying inner thigh work. But it's all good.

Hi PAT!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up taking a walk with my Golden and I also did a few of Ellen's short yoga workouts - Affirmative Flow and Yoga Mat Work.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1211 -
Robin's Challenge Day # 1

Both were nice workouts to start the day. I want to get something else in today. Just not sure what!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Test:

Saturday:
~ Lee Holden Qigong for Digestion
~ Kassandra 5 Minute Morning Affirmations Meditation~ Pre-walk PT, stretch and 20 butt bridges
~ One mile walk at river boardwalk
~ One mile hike at osprey trail
~ GYM for 15/10 recumbent bike and arc trainer; 50 steps ups
~ 9,750 steps for the day

Sunday:
~ GYM for 15 recumbent bike, incline chest presses, high rows, leg presses, calf raises, 50 step ups and some barre-ish plie stuff on the step
~ Walk around the neighborhood
~ OBE Bed Time Stretch
~ 7,375 steps for day
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day everyone! I will catch up tomorrow - I got the 500 internal server error after writing out a big long catch up post in my Barefoot check-in and am just too aggravated with VF right now.
Old 09-21-21, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did some add ons:

Dog walk at lunch - it wasn't very strenuous as my dog likes to stop and sniff everywhere.

Lucy Wyndham Read - 14 Min Workout for Better Health -this was a typical Lucy workout - body weight exercises. She did 14 moves for 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. She did it in split screen with a seated version on one side.

Yoga w/ Bird - Lower Body/Hip stretches

Today, so far has been:

CS 1212
Robin Long/The Balanced Life Challenge Day 2 - I enjoyed this one!

I will aim for more activity today as well.

I'm thinking w/ my low motivation that doing short add ons is key.

Pat - ugh, I hate that error message!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Probably the same for today. My back is still sore and achey. I was on the heating paid quite a bit yesterday. It felt a little better by the end of the day but now it's pretty sore again this morning. I can't spend 24/7 on the heating pad! LOL

DONNA, nice workouts even with low motivation. I think short add-ons are the key when you're feeling that way.

PAT, nice weekend activities. Oh that error message is the worst!

Hi DIANE!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-21-21, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! My back was being a pest and my lower body was sore from my gym workouts anyway, so I kept it low key yesterday:

~ 20 minute beach walk
~ Kassandra 10 Minute Yoga in Bed plus chakra affirmations meditation
~ 6,000 steps for the day

Wahoo, looks like I got a post through!

Have a wonderful day everyone, I hope it is nice by you.
Old 09-22-21, 06:14 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Woke up to rain! I was surprised as I looked at my weather app last night and didn't see it. We're hoping for a long bike ride this morning and hopefully this will stop and clear.

On a cool note, there is a llama farm near us. I looked them up last night and they actually do trail walks with the llamas! Not in a big group, which is more to my liking. You pay for a walk ($35-$45) and hike their property, which is 65 acres! My last encounter with a llama was in San Diego and he/she was annoyed and spit at me! Hoping to have a better experience this time around!

Monday
Bike ride in the park - 11+ miles

Tuesday
Pushups
Body Electric Series 700, show 5: Triceps, Delts, Abs, Glutes, Quads
Lesley Fightmaster's Morning Yoga at the Beach - short 10 minutes

Pat VF is still acting up. This morning when I signed in to look at new posts, it said there weren't any!

Donna That's the beauty of animals - they live in the moment! A dog's pleasure is sniffing the entire world! Still, you're outside in the sunshine so that's still a good thing!

Summer Breeze I hope your back is feeling better. I have chronic hamstring issues so when they flare up, I'm grounded. I agree about Margaret's Inner Thigh workouts, although I don't mind much the individual legs. However, the inner thigh work on my back just seems more "relaxing" for lack of a better word. I find with MR that when I don't care for a particular move, I just improvise.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 07:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

45 minute outdoor walk

Not sure what I'll be doing today. The weather is drizzly/iffy and my sister is visiting later. I may just rest with the heating pad on this morning.

DIANE, hope you get your bike ride in. Interesting about the llamas in your area.
My friend loves llamas and she moved to upstate NY last year. I'll have to tell her to look into it. Yes I improvise with MR too.

Hi DONNA & PAT.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Tags
jim fixx