Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-14-21, 08:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Looks like we're back in the muggy zone here. Those last few days sure were enjoyable. Yesterday featured:

~ 15 butt bridges
~ Jessica Valant 10 Minute Quick Core Pilates
~ 25 minute lunch walk
~ 30 minute beach walk
~ Kassandra 20 Minute Bedtime Yoga
~ 9,000 steps

I caught an unbelievable sunset at the beach! It was well worth going out again.

Make it a great day ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 05:34 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Well, it's been a ridiculously busy couple of days with house stuff. Happy to say the GE washer is on its way to the bad washing machine cemetery! We bought an LG and so far so good! I just don't understand why everything is so complicated these days. This is a smart washer but I'm not using those features. Trying to find the way to change the settings was a test of my patience! Nevertheless, I figured it out.

We bought it from Best Buy and the two guys delivering it couldn't have been nicer, albeit Pittsburgh Steelers' fans LOL! I came outside and asked them if they were vaccinated but phrased my question like this: Would you like us to wear masks? We are fully vaccinated." They answered no, they were fully vaccinated and that, if they weren't they wouldn't have jobs. Go Best Buy!!!

The other item was our first snow blower! We've lived here for 6 years and, insanely, have been shoveling snow. Shoveling Upstate NY snow!!! My neighbor was so happy we got a snow blower. He thought it was insane that we were shoveling. It's good exercise but so not fun.

Anyway, workouts:
Monday - Another bike ride, this time in the park and just a bit under 11 miles.
Tuesday - 15 mile bike ride, followed by pushups and a Body Electric workout - series 1100, show 1.

Pat - did not care for the "Maggie" dvd. She's quirky for sure and this one didn't float my boat. I thought it was just me! The drain tray is like an oversized boot tray. We've kept it under the new washer as well. Simple invention - how did I not know about this!!! 9/11 - I cry every year at the loss of humanity. When we moved back to NY from CA, my husband was offered a job at the Trade Center. We were looking at apartments in Brooklyn Heights, where his twin lived. We sat down to discuss and, knowing how much Gerry dislikes the city, I told him it was crazy for us to live somewhere that he didn't like. I also told him I was nervous about him working in the Towers. I don't know why I felt that way but I'm thankful we changed course.

Donna - one GE product down, 3 more to go. I despise our refrigerator so I'm willing that to go next! My poor husband is shell shocked at the amount of our retirement money we've spent this year!

Summer Breeze - Good on you for being consistent with your walks! We have to take advantage of good weather when we have it.

Hi Christina!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Not sure what workout I'm doing today but heading down to my workout area in the basement since it will be raining today.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 07:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. I wasn't "good," had a tiring day at the office. I tried Kassandra's 10 Minute Evening Yoga Stretch in bed, followed by her Guided Chakra Affirmation Meditation. It was a really nice combo.

I'm annoyed with myself today. I gave in to an impulse buy and purchased a package of three downloads from Ellen Barrett's site. Come to find out, those downloads are included in a streaming subscription, which is cheap. Sheesh! Oh well, it's done. I haven't tried any yet.

Diane, you're scaring me about the GE appliances. My oven died right before Thanksgiving and you could not buy a range around here. I was on a waitlist and thankfully the bare bones GE showed up. So far, so good. I don't like the push button panel though, those things always crap out and you get holes in them. Welcome to the snowblower club!

Good morning Donna and Summer Breeze and anyone who visits!
Old 09-15-21, 07:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Not sure if I'll be walking today. I have a pedicure scheduled this morning with DD and my sister and I think it's gonna be a muggy possibly rainy type of day. I'll see how it goes.

PAT, ohh nice walks, especially at sunset!

DIANE, good luck with the new washer! That was a clever way to ask the drivers about being vaccinated. Glad it worked out.
Nice bike rides as always.

Hi DONNA!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to be MIA for a few days - I have been in a bit of a funk. Not like anything bad has happened, but I'm just feeling burned out by the grind - which is funny b/c I had two vacations over the summer - but work just keeps chugging along and it seems there is never a breather - just more to do.... Plus I'm not fond about the return of the heat and humidity - I was getting into a good groove w/ dog walks in the evenings, but it is really not great to walk my hairy Golden when it is so humid.

Anyway...yesterday was:

Lively Ladies -25 Min Energy Burst Workout
Yoga w/ Bird - Every Day Yoga to Feel Your Best
Robin Long/ The Balanced Life - Pilates for better Sleep (did this one in the evening)

And, today, so far has been:

Lively Ladies - Trim & Tone Butt and Thighs
Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Hips and Low Back Stretch

The Lively Ladies are keeping me positive - these seem to be just right. I don't find them particularly hard, but I don't find them too easy either. At the end of the workout I have worked up a sweat but I'm not exhausted.

On the appliance front - we have a GE fridge that we want to replace. It is so noisy and I'm afraid one day it will just die - so as much as I don't want to spend the $$ to replace it, I feel that I'd rather replace it when it is on my timeline rather than when I'm desperate. We haven't had much luck w/ appliance repair - it seems that by the end of the day you have spent half what a new one would cost plus the extra aggravation of dealing with it all.

I have had good luck w/ Best Buy for appliances as well. I can't remember if I mentioned my dryer died? We got a new one from Best Buy and it all worked out well w/ everyone being vaccinated, too!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 10:45 AM  
CabCalloway

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

On the appliance front - we have a GE fridge that we want to replace. It is so noisy and I'm afraid one day it will just die - so as much as I don't want to spend the $$ to replace it, I feel that I'd rather replace it when it is on my timeline rather than when I'm desperate. We haven't had much luck w/ appliance repair - it seems that by the end of the day you have spent half what a new one would cost plus the extra aggravation of dealing with it all.

I have had good luck w/ Best Buy for appliances as well. I can't remember if I mentioned my dryer died? We got a new one from Best Buy and it all worked out well w/ everyone being vaccinated, too!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Sorry to be off-topic:
I wanted to share our experience with LG refrigerators (in case you're considering one). They use a newer compressor technology that is apparently not resilient. It stopped working after less than 5 years. There was even a class action suit over this. Went thru conniptions to get it repaired under warranty. Good luck in your search.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 02:19 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabCalloway View Post
Sorry to be off-topic:
I wanted to share our experience with LG refrigerators (in case you're considering one). They use a newer compressor technology that is apparently not resilient. It stopped working after less than 5 years. There was even a class action suit over this. Went thru conniptions to get it repaired under warranty. Good luck in your search.
Hi there CabCalloway! We chit chat about lots of things before getting down to business so no worries about being off-topic! That is really good information to have. I did my research on my LG washer. I have a neighbor that has one and had nothing but good things to say. Never had a problem - so far! So we decided to take the chance.

I will do my research ahead of time for a new fridge. I really appreciate your post! Knowledge is always a good thing!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 08:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

Hoping to get back to my walking regimen today, weather permitting. I tweaked my back maybe a couple of weeks ago. I had used an older pair of sneakers one day and thought that might have triggered it. It wasn't too bad but I ordered a new pair that arrived yesterday so I'll try them out today. I think the swings may have made it worse though so I may have to resort to the heating pad today.

DONNA, nice workouts despite being in a funk. I know the return of the heat and humidity bummed me out after enjoying a few fall-like days. Hopefully this too shall pass soon.

Hi DIANE, PAT and the rest!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

CocoLime - MIT # 7 - (Medium Intensity Training) - this was a bit more advanced than her other MIT workouts, although I could have used another round or two!

CocoLime - COGA # 3 - this is Suzanne's take on yoga. This was a nice routine, a little stretching w/ some body weight toning

I needed a change this morning and I remember I subscribed to her site for .99 for this month - so decided to give some of the workouts a try.

Last night DD and I walked our Golden - so that was nice.

Summer Breeze - sorry about your back getting tweaked, I hate that!

Not much new to report here!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Please welcome my great grandnephew Seamus! Born at 7:00 this morning.

Tags
jim fixx