Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-12-21, 06:57 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did very little. After getting home from grocery shopping, I mostly just continued vegging out on the sofa and eating everything in sight. I was waaaay over my calorie count for the day (I did actually log everything that I ate). So, I am going to take a walk soon to help offset some of the overeating from yesterday. I think I just needed a day off from life; I feel more energetic right now.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk and sounds like you had a lovely visit with your sister. I was glad to read that you are fine with just the two of us posting, but no pressure - if you or I need to skip a day or two that's fine with me. As far as work is concerned, I have passed some of my coordinatorship duties on to others and I did get my course reduction as chair this fall (I made it clear to the administration after being completely overwhelmed and almost losing it last fall that those two things were dealbreakers if I was going to continue on as chair), so things are still busy, but, thankfully, I don't have quite as much on my plate.

Also, I want to get in the routine of doing a program, I'm thinking PIYO, and I really want to stick with it, so I'm going to try to hang in there with exercising (and posting) for as long as I can. Knowing that I can come here and post about it and seeing what you are up to (and everyone else) is very motivating. Hopefully the others will let us know how they're doing at some point.

Waves to all!
Old 09-12-21, 08:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another one today while the good weather lasts.

CAMBET, so good to hear that some of your responsibilities and duties have been reduced. What a relief. Yes posting here is part of my morning routine and I will continue to do it. So glad you are still here as often as you can manage and I'm sure the others will return at some point.
Just hope all is well with everyone

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 06:55 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I ended up doing a 67 min (4 mile) walk in my neighborhood and made it to over 14,000 steps for the day. I actually walked the entirety (every street) of my neighborhood, I think for the first time ever, so it was interesting to learn that the whole thing is 4 miles of streets. I was a beast again , averaging 16:40 min miles, but I also actually did one in 16:01 mins. I have a playlist of walking music, mostly old school tunes, so walking to the beat really seems to increase the speed, though it's the same music that I've always listened to when I walk and my miles are usually 17 and 18 mins. Maybe before I was moreso just listening to the music while I walked and now I'm being more intentional about walking on beat. I'm not sure, but that could be the difference.

Also, in spite of my end of the week eating splurge, I found that I had only gained .2 lbs when I did my weigh-in yesterday. So even though I didn't do any formal workouts during the week, I was pretty active with walking to my classes and walking across campus for different things. I'm going to get my eating back under control today. Oh, and I also started PIYO. I did the first "workout" Align, which really isn't a workout, it's 40 mins of Chalene showing your proper alignment for the moves as you follow along. I'll officially start workout #1 later today.

SB - Good job with your walk! I thought about you yesterday when I started my walk in 64 degree weather! I was almost concerned that it was going to feel a little chilly outside, but it felt great (especially as I started warming up from walking)! I'm glad we'll keep the check-in going.

Waves to All!
Old 09-13-21, 07:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk for today and hopefully getting those kettlebell swings back into the routine at the least. My back has been a little tweaky lately, I ordered new walking sneakers. Maybe the swings can help strengthen the area too.

CAMBET, great walk and pace!! Woohoo.
I'm sure the walking around campus helped keep the weight gain in check. Well done.
I don't listen to music when I walk even though it is a great motivator I'm sure.
Walking is kind of a moving meditation for me. I always feel a little "lighter" inside after a walk like some tension or stress has eased. Wow 64 degrees is deliciously cool.
Lucky you.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-14-21, 07:19 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Well, yesterday I didn't get home from work until after 6:15 (I was there much later than I had planned) and I was just kind of done for the day by then. I had the desire to work out but no energy. I even made it to 8,800 steps with no formal workout, but I fell asleep before I could get in more steps (which had been my plan ). I'll start PIYO today (I'm working from home today).

SB - Great job with your walk! My back has been tweaky too. I think it's because I keep falling asleep on the sofa while lying flat on my back until I wake up and go get in bed. I think the sofa doesn't provide good support cause every time I fall asleep and then get up (which is almost every night ), my back feels stiff and tight. Jessica Smith has a yoga DVD (Gentle Yoga) with 20 min practices that focus on different body parts and I've been meaning to do the one for Back and Chest, to see if it helps. Maybe the swings and new sneakers will help you. Let me know. I hope you were able to get in a walk yesterday. Your walks sound very therapeutic for you.

Waves to All!
Old 09-14-21, 07:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

55 minute outdoor walk

I'm planning another walk for today.
The weather is feeling more summer-like again but still pleasant.

CAMBET, it's nice to get a good step total even without a formal workout. I wish I could like yoga because it seems so beneficial but I can't make myself do it. The sneakers I have been wearing all summer developed a hole in the toe so I used my older back-up pair and that's when my back started hurting so that's why I thought it might be the sneakers that tweaked it. Hence I ordered the new pair. I ordered Alta brand which I never used before but they got good recommendations on GD awhile back and the pair I ordered were marked down on amazon. They are kinda pricey but with the discount they were more in line with other brands. I'll definitely report back after I try them.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-15-21, 07:16 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday my day turned out a little different than planned. I ended up not starting PIYO. Instead, I did parts of CH: Elite during the day to help make it to 250 steps each hour, I finished it last night, then did the Dance Walk from Jessica's 10 Minute Quick Walk Mix dvd, and I tacked on the 20 min Back and Chest Flow from her Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility, & Mobility dvd. My back was really bothering me last night, feeling very tight and stiff, and this seemed to help (I think it was my first time doing this practice; I think that I bought it for the Neck and Shoulders Flow, which I have done before).

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk yesterday, though it sounds like it was on the warm side. I hope that the new sneakers help to resolve the back pain. I haven't heard of the Alta brand (or is it Altra? I just went to look it up), but let me know what you think of them. The sneakers I'm wearing have been discontinued, so when it's time to replace them, I'm going to have to get a different pair. I'm not always the best at doing yoga, but since the practice was only 20 mins, I thought I would give it a whirl, and it seemed to help some, especially the spine twists!
Old 09-15-21, 07:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Not sure if I'll be walking today. I have a pedicure planned this morning with DD and my sister and I think it's going to be a hot one but we'll see how it goes.

CAMBET, you got a lot of activity for the day even if you didn't start PIYO. I think I have that Jessica dvd though I'm sure I never tried it. Glad it helped your back pain.
Yes it is Altra brand for the sneakers. Hopefully they're arriving today so I can test them out.

Have a great day!
Old 09-16-21, 07:12 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a super busy day. I managed to fit in CH Elite Rope & Ride before midnight and made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

SB - Good job with your walk! I hope you had a fun time getting a pedicure with your DD and sister. It's been so long since I had a pedicure, and a little pampering is always nice. I'm starting to wonder if my back pain is related to sitting at my computer for longer periods of time or stress-related because I've been falling asleep on my sofa for months and my back has never bothered me like this. I slept with a heating pad on my lower back last night and that seems to have helped some. It doesn't feel as tight/stiff this morning.

Waves to All!
Old 09-16-21, 07:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

I'm hoping to get back to walking today, weather permitting.

CAMBET, great step total for a busy day!
I was just thinking earlier this morning that it may be time to break out the heating pad. Glad it seemed to help your back pain.
I think the swings may have tweaked it more because it's feeling pretty sore this morning. I don't want to start on the advil just yet because I was taking it for a year a few years back when I was working with bad sciatica pain. I've been trying to use it very sparingly ever since that episode resolved. My new sneakers did arrive yesterday so hopefully I get to try them out today.

Have a wonderful day!

Tags
vera laro