Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-13-21, 08:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, one good thing about my grays - like the rest of my hair, they are thin and fine, so they blend in pretty well, at least on camera! (You can see them in my new work portrait if you look closely.) I stumbled across FitOn on YT b/c I was looking for routines from Vytas B, who I like. The practice I tried was okay, although I wish he had held the poses longer.

Happy Monday to all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 10:46 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Functional fitness: Completely emptied & reorganized my little studio, steam cleaned the floors & all of my mats. Also cleaned & readied our trailer for our last camping trip on Tues. Put in almost 9000 steps.
~Jessica Valant 15 Minute Full Body Pilates Ring Workout (YT)
~Strapless in 10: Day 7

Cyana - I love “unapologetic old hippie” ! I’ve used the waslking poles a couple of times & they are coming on our camping trip. They do provide a sense of stability & also add a little extra work to my walk. That was a very touching video, thank you for sharing.

Margot - I don’t have any of Yamuna’s dvds, but I’ve done a short lower body stretch she posted on Facebook several years ago using spiky balance pods. It’s very effective! I think my hip thing is improving & I'm off for another IMS treatment this afternoon.

Beth - So far I’m staying gray, will see….. I used to get foils when the gray started showing up. I liked it and you don’t have to do it as often as colouring. Now I’m am totally gray, lol, so it’s a dye job or nothing.

Pat - Heidi was lovely, I really enjoyed that yin class!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 10:58 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 2 (All--Upper & Lower Workout plus Stretch)
Essentrics

I had planned to only do Margaret's Upper Body work but felt like doing more so I ended up doing the whole workout. I wish I could make myself workout like this everyday.

Pat, my 6 year old grandson has made peace with going to school, although he still would rather stay home.

Cyana, I like seeing the kitty visits during YouTube workout videos.
It's shocking to me that there are so many varieties of apples (about 2,500 that are grown in the USA).
It cracks me up that you have a fantasy of leading the airplanes to park with the orange wands! It never crossed my mind to do that.

Beth, the grays in your New York portrait actually look like professional highlights. Your hair looks nice. I don't have a ton of gray hair yet but it's coming in more and more. At this point I'm not motivated to get it colored again.

Pam, I'm so glad to hear that your hip problem is improving!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 02:12 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Last night I did an episode of Miranda's Season 14 - Stretching the Hamstrings. I had to chuckle as there were only 2 brief hamstring stretches; one standing and one on the chair.

Today was:
- HealthBarre - Recorded Zoom Class
- ETV Lauren All Standing
- Katy Bowman - Core & Low Back Love (15m)
- Yoga Ranger - Yin Deep Hamstring Stretch (15m)

Paine - When you said in your post yesterday that you had a rest day but went to 3 markets, did food prep, laundry and house chores, I thought that doesn't sound very restful but a lot of hard work.

Pam - It's a great feeling when you've had a spring clean and everything is all fresh and sparkling. I'm so happy your hip is improving. Hope the IMS treatment today makes it feel even better.

Beth - It's a lovely photo of you and I don't see any grey hairs at all!

Pat - I looked at those wrist weights but the shipping to the UK was a lot more than they actually cost. I'm still thinking about the Strapless Series too. I definitely need to keep my upper body strong. I'm always afraid that if I let it slide, I'll end up dislocating my shoulder again.

Cyana - I hadn't thought of dehydrating my apples. I don't know why as I use my dehydrator all the time! Thanks for the idea. I also need to go to our local Farmer's Market soon. They sell some of the old varieties of apples that I love and remember from childhood. Here's hoping your DVD/VHS player was just having a temporary wobble.

Hope everyone has a great day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 04:24 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, how did you like Miranda's season 14 episode that you did yesterday? Did she do anything new in that episode?
Yes, it's true that on my rest day from formal exercise, that same day is often full of errands and chores around the house. I USED to workout on those days but I haven't been able to make myself do that anymore.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 05:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workout, before my PT appointment:
~Essentrics 25 min standing - another of my friend’s saved classes
~PT exercises
~Pilatesology 10 Minute Magic Circle Workout (YT)
~Strapless in 10: Day 8 - This was a standing/mat combo, starting with standing weight work. There was a plank to squat with tricep kickback & back to plank sequence. She hopped from plank to squat, I stepped. There were also seated tricep dips.

Paine - I also thought your rest day involved a lot of functional fitness! I’m glad your grandson has settled in to school.

Margot - So often I feel Essentrics/CS titles don’t describe the actual workout. I’m planning to restart my Essentrics sub to look at the new workouts & Season 14. I’ve passed on so many dvds and fitness stuff because of crazy shipping charges to Canada. It’s one reason I’ve moved to using streaming and downloads.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-13-21, 07:05 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Neglected to post

Sunday's Workout: The Lower Body section from Margaret Richard's Getting Better.

Today's Workout: Total Focus from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle.

I did a little walking both days, but still want to start longer ones.

I don't expect to work out tomorrow, as both my daybed and the mattress are scheduled for delivery. Putting those together is the last step of my exercise room refresh! I also have to prepare for our annual homeowner board meeting.

Pat58: I loved the description of your yin teacher's home. That's what I want! However, living in a townhome development, I'm not sure how I'd pull it off.

Yogapam: How do you steam-clean your mats? I'd love to know!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 08:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm another who thinks that Miranda's titles aren't always very helpful!

Pam, you are still getting in a lot despite doing your PT! How was the Pilatesology practice? I've done a few on their channel. If I did go for foils/other coloring, it would be to blend some other tones in with the gray, not to get rid of them per se. But I don't have plans to do that anytime soon.

Margot, thank you - our campus photographer is excellent! (I do guarantee that you would see the grays in person, haha.)

Paine, I think you are more active on your "rest" days than I am on some of my exercise days. DH has said that my grays look like highlights too, but I think he is humoring me.

I filmed another video today, but since I just finished uploading, I set it to actually publish tomorrow afternoon (I don't think that 9:30 pm is a particularly good time for yoga video traffic.) But I will give you all a preview by sharing that the title is "Embrace the Awkward."

ETA Sandra, we cross-posted; yay about your deliveries! Are you board meetings in person? We are supposed to have community meetings 2x year, but we haven't had one since Fall 2019 (our board is still meeting).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 09:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - Foils are great for blending in a little gray here & there. It’s too late for me, lol, I am completely gray! The pilatesology practice was not easy with quick transitions. It was good though, I liked it. I find I enjoy Pilates if it’s less than 20 min, preferably 10-15 min. It’s a nice add on length.

Sandra - It’s exciting that you can finally put the finishing touches on your workout room makeover. I cleaned my mats with my steam mop. It’s great & cleans without any chemicals. This is the one I have: https://www.amazon.ca/BISSELL-19401-...kitchen&sr=1-3

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-14-21, 08:17 AM  
cyana

Quick post and run - I did day 1 of the Essentrics Flexibility & Mobility Challenge this morning. It was a "live" class with Jenny that aired yesterday morning, but since I was working, the live time didn't work.

I will likely be scarce this week - working on something beyond massive, so there will be lots of long days and probably also evenings at the desk. Feel free to send any spare energy my way!!

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote