Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-09-21, 08:43 AM  
manleym

Hi Everyone!

Bee, I did the same Circuit Burn premix last week. I agree that Kelly can really spike your heart rate. And for me I don't realize it until afterwards. I remember the last time I did Shape Up my heartrate was through the roof! It was hard! Sorry that you and KB had some bad trading experiences. And for a workout dvd?!? I just don't get people who take advantage of others.

Kittybug durn if I didn't have that Jessica dvd and got rid of it. I remember the set being different. It looked like Jessica was in an office building with the water feature for ambience. I also love her 10 lbs Down Better Body Blast (green cover) and Cardio Abs. And I'm kicking myself in the pants because I used to see Jessica's dvds quite a bit in HPB. I passed because I wasn't interested at the time. Now that I'm looking for them, I can't find them. Hopefully they'll cycle back through.

Cataddict LOL on your "cat v elliptical" battle! I'm glad you had victory since you were able to stay longer than the youngster! You still got it! Good luck with the bikes. They can be a pain in the (ahem) - literally! When I was still going to the gym I decided to ride the bike instead or running on the dreadmill. So I ride for about 45 minutes-1 hour, and I had two spots on each cheek that were rubbed raw!! It hurt for days!! Now I should mention that I was probably wearing running shorts, so maybe if I had been wearing clothing more appropriate for riding the bike it wouldn't have been so bad. I haven't been on a bike since. HA!

Workouts:
Last Friday I tried a Kit Rich workout called 30 Minute Full Body Burner with Celebrity Trainer Kit Rich. It was a good, quick cardio, probably steady state but does have some high intensity moves. It was a good workout, but not sure I'll return to it. The guy doing the “advanced” moves didn’t always do the advanced version. He started with the advanced move and would then join Kit for the regular move. Then I did Kit's Reset: Relaxing Evening Stretch + Gratitude Routine (No Equipment) w/ Kit Rich and it felt really good. I would do this stretch again.

Saturday I did Sharon Twombly All Body Attack CIA 2704 for the first time. It was hard! And long! I skipped abs at the end since I was running out of time and the regular workout was about 70 minutes, but I did do the stretch at end of workout. What I found hard about this workout were the speed moves. Some of them seemed really fast, especially using the step with 2 risers. So I figured I wasn't doing the modified low impact move, but I wasn't going as fast as Sharon. I was in between. And instead of using the step for the toning (I guess?) section, I used the Firm sculpting stick. The moves seemed awkward holding the step. I really liked this workout and would do it again for a long workout.

Monday's (Labor Day) workout was RC Fitness Official Live: Cardio Kick / 1 Hour (1/12/21). I LOVED it!! It would qualify as a Fun Friday workout! There was quite a bit of jumping, but the instructors showed the low impact move.
There are 2 instructors-Rachael and Christina, hence RC Fitness. They traded leading the workout while the other one did low impact/modified move. They are both good instructors, but of course I liked one better than the other. This was a great high energy cardio workout with good music. I liked that they adjusted the volume of the music throughout the workout. It seemed turned up & down in the right spots. There were a few times the workout froze (maybe because it’s a Live workout?) so I did the base move until video caught back up. It was only a few places and didn't affect the workout as a whole. I would recommend this one and will be trying some of their other workouts!

Tuesday I did Tracie Long's Staying Power. I don't remember having done this workout before and I'm wondering why??? I really liked it! And I was sore the next morning, which was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. I liked that there is alot of variety in this workout. Tracie uses a med ball, weights, there's floorwork at the end. I really like that in most of Tracie's workouts she includes floorwork at the end. She doesn't include alot of floorwork (sometimes wish there was more) but I definitely need it. I also like that Tracie does alot of functional moves. My body seems to like that.

Yesterday I did Jessica Smith Full Length Metabolic Conditioning Workout (40-minute fat burning, strength, cardio) before having to scoot out the door for Bible Study. It was a good workout. Perfect for yesterday when I wanted a quick, efficient workout that didn't wipe me out but left me feeling like I did workout.

Today will be CL. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great day!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 09:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FN2 and Manleym, the spin bikes can be hard on the tush for sure! When I was doing the gym thing they had a spin class I attended twice a week and he often did 90-minute tough classes. That was an adjustment as the previous spin teacher did only half-hour sessions followed by weighted work off the bike. I hurt for three days after my first class!

I quickly learned about the Zacro gel seat for spin bikes on Amazon. I did so much spin during that time that my gel seat developed some divots and defects and the company that made them sent me a new one at no charge! Just saying, the seat made all the difference and I wouldn't go to a spin class now without one because the pain is real! I mean, if they had a spin class, which they don't, which is why I don't do the gym anymore, hah!!

Manleym, I'm keeping an eye out for Cardio Abs and if I see the other one, I'll be sure to let you know!! I also have the third one you mentioned with the green cover. Have to pull that one out too.

Yesterday I was in a rush so I did Lauren's 30-minute Stamina practice on ID. Oh, I remember this one, it's one I actually really love!! Lauren does a great job with this, just FYI for those of you not sure you're a fan of Lauren.

Have a great day, all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 10:11 AM  
lavna

Hello all!

We had a great weekend last week. We had lots of space, the weather was perfect and we just had a great time together. My mom was so happy with the whole weekend.

I've started to walk on my ankle since last Sunday. I'm supposed to use the crutches but sometimes, I don't (I don't feel pain so I guess it's OK). I'm seeing the orthopedist on Tuesday, faster than I hoped (Yay!). I hope I can get rid of the boot to walk. My gait would be better and it would help my other ankle to heal.

I've been keeping up with my workouts. For legs, I mostly do To the mat as it's the most thorough and for UB, I do Ramped up UB or S&S TBGS.

Chele: How did your appointment go? And how is your daughter doing?

Hope everyone one is doing well. Healing thoughts to those who are recovering and/or having harder times.

Take care everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 11:58 AM  
Mickey12

Nathalie I’m so happy to hear your good progress. And good for you for keeping up with workouts. That’s excellent! I’m double happy to hear you had a nice weekend with your family.

We had a family reunion with my family yesterday. The size of the crowd is dwindling as people get older and can’t travel anymore, but we still had a good time. The weather was absolutely perfect.

I have been feeling really good lately, enough that I may ask to be discharged from therapy with a home exercise program. My pain is totally gone and I just need to work on core strength and stamina. I still feel like my legs are weak, but that will improve.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 09-12-21, 01:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

So I wrote down the workouts I've done but the dates are out of whack so who knows when I did these. I've done CL #225 Upper Body Hiit, CL #361 Cardio Weight Mashup, #229 Awesome Upper Body, and #266 Keeping the Pace (cycle workout). I admit I was a bit disappointed by#361. It would have been fine if I had been planning on an "easier" day but I wasn't and it didn't challenge me as much as I had hoped. I made a note so I can use it on a "dial back" day. I'll also comment that since our weather hasn't been sweltering miserably hot that workouts in general have seemed less taxing, so that could also be a factor. manley, did you do this Live? What did you think?

Nathalie, good news about your progress! My DH couldn't wait to ditch the boot and I'm sure you feel the same way!

Kim, also good news about your progress! DH continued with his PT longer than he probably would have had to if he was a more motivated and regular exerciser. He does do the exercises at home after the gym trip occasionally even now since I'm concerned about his flexibility. Since you are a fierce Watulan, I have no doubt that you will be able to continue your PT at home without needing a cattle prod for encouragement.

FN1, how are you healing? Back to your "regular" fierceness?

manley, thanks for the feedback on the Kit Rich workout. It sounds like she could be a "go to" for stretches but maybe not for other workouts.

FN1 and manley, I haven't had any chafing or rubbing discomfort from the bike, just actual muscle soreness. I've also decided that the bike isn't really my cup of tea so I'm not sure how often I will do it. I may alternate it with the elliptical and this other machine that looks like a combo of a bike and elliptical. I'm sure it's got a name other than elliptibike as I call it but it has pre-programmed workouts that I've tried before and got a good challenge with minimal boredom.

Chele, since I went with DH to the gym on Friday, my Chele FunSunday will be the Kat HiiT #2. After the baseball and football games, of course.

BabyW, thinking of you. Hope things settle down soon.

Waves to bee, horusosiris, FOLV and Kate!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 11:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hellooooo Watulans!!

Can I just say a huge THANK YOU again to FOLV for our email list??

Kim and Nathalie, I'm so pleased to hear you both are doing so well (and for your family gatherings too!!)!!! Way to go, Watulans!!

So let's see, Thursday I did Jessica's Weight Loss Cardio Mix, which is the other workout on that 10 Pounds Down DVD I mentioned before, and it was another excellent offering! Friday was Bar Method Dancer's Body which, um, was also excellent but another OUCH. Saturday was a bunch of necessary chores and other icky crap.

Today, Sunday, instead of my typical some-kinda-longer-workout, I did Hot Springs Max, followed by Gorge Thyself On Flourless Chocolate Cake Max. It was my day of celebrating the beginning of yet another year on this earth, and my husband had made reservations for a private tub at a hot springs about 90 minutes from where we live (gotta love living in volcanic land, right?).

It. Was. So. Needed. And. Excellent!!! As was the cake. I had a wonderful day, and I hope all of you Watulans did too!! I'm totally wiped and spent and off to bed in preparation for a very busy week ahead, UG!! Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Old 09-13-21, 07:54 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Monday

I have been doing a mix of everything- some Total Gym workouts, CL, Erin Stern’s programs, One on Ones with Tony,Cathe blender workouts, barre (Suzanne Bowen, Leah Sarago, Ballet Body, Sleek Technique), rowing, Kettlebells (Lauren, AOS) Classical Stretch.

Mickey- I am glad you enjoyed your family reunion.

Cataddict-
CL- Cardio weight Mash Up is definitely on the easier side. It would be great for a light metabolic day. Try the stair stepper. The stair stepper is definitely a cardio and butt buster. The rower is also a great machine. I think that spinning is the most fun in a class setting.

Fn1, Manley and Cataddict – gel seats are a must for spinning. I could not imagine spinning for any length of time without one.

Kitty- I sounds like you had fun at Hot Springs? Was it your birthday celebration?

Lavna- great to hear that you are improving. Hopefully you will be boot free soon.

Manelym- I used to do All Body Attack often and yes, it is a long one. Trace Long’s Staying Power is good and has a nice mix of moves. She is one of the best for functional fitness.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 12:05 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug tell us more about the hot springs. That sounds just heavenly. Was it crowded? Has it been there a long time? Is there a hotel there too? Did you have a meal? Are there other activities? I don't think we have anything like that around where I live.
Old 09-13-21, 01:42 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Horusosiris, yep, it was a birthday thing.

Kim, the particular place we went (website here) is running in a limited capacity right now due to the pandemic and there were fewer people in the general pool than usual, but we were doing a private tub which is literally backing onto the forest and once the staff lead you to the tub, you don't see a soul again. All snacks/drinks are passed through a metal turnstile type thingy, and you get a 10-minute warning sign delivered the same way when your soaking session is nearly over. You could be clothing optional and nobody would know or care (not that I'd feel comfortable doing that, but just saying!!). There is a little hotel next door, and farther up the road is the actual little ghost town city where you could get a full meal and other activities. The hot springs just serves light fare like fruit plates, teas, things like that while you soak.

One of these days I'd like to make a full getaway of it, getting up there during the day for activities and doing a night soak session with a stay overnight at the hotel. The drive up is a bit harrowing/windy/twisty/turny/steep edges over cliffs/etc. and I get super motion sick on the way every single time (for which my husband loves making fun of me) but not the way back down for some reason. Given that and animal crossings and falling rocks, you wouldn't want to be doing that drive at night so we've only been up during daylight.

There are lots of hot springs of all kinds around these parts but this is the only one we've ventured to so far. And it is heavenly, indeed!!

Old 09-13-21, 08:03 PM  
Mickey12

Thanks for the additional info on the hot springs, Kittybug. It looks so pretty there. I’m glad you had a good time.

Tags
watulan check-in