Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-16-21, 02:13 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
And YOU ARE ROCKING your PT!!!! Way to GO, fierce Chele!!!!! Where is FOLV and her bells??? That is excellent progress and I'm so happy to hear it! You inspire me (and us all) to keep going and to modify as needed!
AGREE! I'm so glad you're giving us updates on your progress! Makes me glad too! And it's just good hearing from you!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 09:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!!

Yes, Chele, you are doing great! That sounds like really good progress -- sorry to hear that you have pain after the PT. I agree -- this is an interesting group and I love that more stories keep emerging.

I still don't really know the details on the Cathe RT but I imagine it's just not going to work for me with that mid-Oct trip to NY. I'm so nervous about three upcoming plane flights I have planned but I will just hope my vaccine keeps working and the virus mutations slow down.

horusosiris, good to see you back a little more frequently. Hopefully you are going to get a little work break sometime this summer?

manleym, I know almost nothing about growing plants (and any killing of them I do happens randomly). In fact, I will have to look up a crepe myrtle. I've heard of them but can't even picture what it is. I have this bad feeling I'm going to get anything from my garden this year. We'll see....

I also love Harrison Ford. Swoon.

I'm also not much of a band fan but given that it was Cathe, I had to order, and I must say, I have been thinking about them lately and looking forward to them. I'm also thinking I might stick with Slim Series stuff + other intermediate things until those come out. Seems right for me these days for whatever reason. I don't even have any injuries I'm healing from (knock wood!). This week I did Keep It Up, Burn It Up and Shape It Up. As I'm starting to repeat them, it does seem..... um..... repetitive! So I think I will slide in some other things here and there.

Kate, you are always upbeat! Big hugs to you.

Oh, hey, Baby..... did you make any decision on moving somewhere? I think we have decided to sit tight for a while. Someone pointed out to us that with our boys going off to college, in four or five years, they may end up settling down somewhere completely different and maybe we'll want to be near them. (maybe? ) And there is no way I'm getting hubby to move twice! So, here we are for now. I do love it here when the weather cooperates, which it is doing lately (thanks for thinking of me, lavna!)

I completely forgot it was fun Friday today. The days are rolling by pretty quickly. I've been staying up later so that I can spend time with the kids -- I am cherishing every opportunity we have at this point.

Happy Weekend, all!
Old 07-17-21, 07:42 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Saturday to All

Today was CL 352- Metabolic Conditioning 2. I think that this will prove to be one of my favorite CL metabolic workouts.

Chel- I was happy to read that you are progressing. You are strong. You are fierce. You are a Watulan goddess! Keep it up!

The way that things are going with the variants, yes, let us hope that Cathe is able to have the road trip.

Bee- we are trying to decide where to move to. The pandemic stopped our progress but we are just beginning to think about it again.

My six month post vaccine is almost up and now boosters may be needed. I really don't mind at all but clarification would be nice.

Have a great day today.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 07:50 PM  
Mickey12

Happy Sunday Watulans!

Kate i didn't know Harrison Ford was making another Indiana Jones movie. That's great news as I enjoyed all of them.

Manley so cute about the cardinal babies. I so enjoy watching the birds in our back yard. I wish I had a good viewing spot in the house. I have to stand at the kitchen window to see them now or I can sit on the deck, which is also nice, but not doable in the winter.

[BChelePA[/B] thank you for posting about your therapy progress. We're all cheering you on and thinking of you a lot.

Bee I did Jenny's flying pigeon practice from Inner Dimensions today. I really enjoyed it. I felt like there were some different poses. Thanks for mentioning it. I can do crow pose for a few seconds, but there is no way I can do the flying pigeon pose either.

Another work week starting again. I can't believe how fast the weeks seem to fly by.
Old 07-19-21, 01:25 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Monday to All!

I was considering the Cathe road trip but I finally decided to pass. This has been quite a year for me and my family and I decided that, at least right now, I do not want to make any commitments to do anything that far in advance.

Today I did Cathe- Lite- Stacked Lower Body and 6 pack abs #1. I have not done this workout in a while. It is high rep and while I did not dislike it, it is not one that I would reach for very often. Maybe I was just not in the mood for a high rep workout?

I feel in the mood for a Kimberly Spreen workout. It has been quite a while since I have done any of hers.

I like the idea that some of the other Vfers are doing- 20 instructors in 20 days. I might try this so that I can do the workouts of some of my neglected instructors.

Enjoy your day!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 10:01 AM  
manleym

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

Quick check-in. Forgot where I left off.

For Fun Friday I wanted something totally different, so I pulled out Michelle Dozois BodyFit 360 #4 Energize. It was so much fun! I remember doing it once a long time ago, but never returned to it. I liked it, but didn't love it. But Friday I LOVED it! It has the “buh, buh, buh” song from Cathe's Cardio Party. The workout has some really good bodyweight floor work & a long stretch, which felt good. I need to revisit these 360 workouts more often.

Saturday was another fun workout - Kat's Advanced Power Step Aerobics - Awesome 80's Mix. And it was awesome! BUT my hip flexor started flaring up again. I was a sweaty mess and the cardio was just right. I added on 5 Parks Power Flow with Arm Balancing Yoga Class, which I really liked.

Sunday I found a new yoga workout and it was hard and fast. I really liked the workout, but wasn't a good pick for my hip flexor. So I might take it a little easier this week, don't know. Anyway, I checked out a couple of Jessica's walking dvds from the library and did Walk On 5 Miles yesterday. It was a good workout - perfect for light or recovery days. Next time I might add light hand weights to some of the walks. I think today I'm going to look for a lightweight, hi rep workout.

I hope everyone is doing well! Please post when you can!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 06:40 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I have those Michelle Dozois 360 workouts but I think I only did them once. I liked them, but too much other stuff to do!

I stopped at the thrift store yesterday and picked up a VHS copy of Denise Austin TrimWalk along with some yoga and Richard Simmons tapes. They’re only 50 cents so I how could I go wrong? I did the Denise Austin walking workout yesterday and it was pretty fun. The moves were more varied than a Leslie workout, actually it was a lot like an old low impact cardio workout.

Today I took a walk at lunch, and then walked my neighbor’s five dogs, then cut the grass with the push mower for an hour. I definitely got my steps today, ha!

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 07-20-21, 06:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!
horusosiris, I didn't realize you were seriously considering moving. It is a fun thing to dream about if you don't actually have any sort of deadline pressure looming. I also love the idea of the 20 instructors check-in. Knowing me, I'll be really into the idea in about 40 days. Always slow on the rotation trends. Which Kimberly Spreen did you do?

Kim, it sounds like you and I would be two peas in a pod in a yoga class together. I'm glad you liked the Flying Pigeon too. I think walking five dogs who are not your own would be quite challenging and more than just a walking workout!!

manleym, I also have a couple of Michelle's 360 workouts, but I never really liked them. I'm going to have to give them another go after what you said. They seemed really hard to me when I tried them. Don't know that I have the bah-bah-bah one you mentioned, but I like that song. Sorry your hip flexor is bothering you again!

Let's see...... yesterday I did Firm It Up and a walk, today I did a Body Project HIIT and then Rudy's Morning Quickie from Udaya. I know there are differing opinions on Rudy, but for any fan who has Udaya, that is a great 30 minute practice.

Waves to all. I hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 07-20-21, 08:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Sorry I've been kind of MIA. Just a tough mental week, not really sure why. But I've been keeping up with the workouts, giving myself an extra rest day when I did some walking---nothing too strenuous.

Here's what I've done since I last checked in, all Cathe Lives since I'm still following 2Lazy's Best of...rotation. #348, PHA No repeats, #306, Cardio Core Bootcamp, #34 Ripped with Hiit Scrambler with Step, #23 Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball abs, #85 ICE Chiseled Upper and Lower Body, #247 Time to HiiT it Low Impact, #184 PHA 3. I found the RWH scrambler the hardest of the bunch, and #348 No Repeats PHA my favorite. The only one I've done before is #247 but it had been a year and I couldn't find a substitute that worked so I did it again. I wasn't sure if I would like PHA 3 since I have trouble switching weights on the barbell as quickly as Cathe does, but I did enjoy it. She didn't switch the weights in the middle of the grouping, so that helped with the timing. I do wish that she would give the total weight of the barbell plus the plates since not everyone has the same bar that she does and not just say "heavy and medium plate". I calculated it in advance so I wouldn't be left to guess at the last minute but otherwise I would have had to pause the workout more than once.

We are getting beans, not by the dozens but steady. I steamed the first six that we got and they were delicious! We look forward to eating more of them, hopefully in larger quantity than six at a time.

I considered Cathe's road trip but honestly, flying just doesn't sound all that appealing right now and it would mean going to my least favorite airport of the 20+ airports I have flown into. The drive is not the most pleasant either. Then there's the potential resurgence of the pandemic and the "no refunds policy" of any deposits that wouldn't allow for any flexibility if things get more serious or restrictions are put back in place. Sooooo I will pass.

Oh, manley mentioning the baby cardinals reminded me that we saw a mama possum on our deck last night with a baby clutching to her back as she ate. We've seen plenty of possums out there but never one with a baby like that! I saw them first and ran to find my husband to make sure he saw them and to cheer him up (he was finishing up a project that should have taken 30 minutes but ended up taking 6 hours and he was calling it every curse word he knew). I wish we could have gotten a picture, but I really didn't want them to get spooked.

Chele, so good to hear of your progress and thanks for checking in with us! PT is no joke and definitely a workout. I'm sorry you have pain afterwards, though. Sending you healing thoughts!

manley, take care of that hip flexor! I'm sure it's frustrating since sometimes it seems like it's back to "normal" but then flares up again. I went through that with my leg. We don't have crepe myrtles at this house but all of the neighbors do so we can enjoy them vicariously. I don't really recall the sprouts being a big issue when we had them at a previous house so I've got no advice. We didn't want to plant them in this yard as the Japanese beetles just go wild for them. I just HATE those nasty things and there was no getting rid of them.

horusosiris, DH and I are also looking at moving and have no specific timetable. We've considered various areas, including his hometown as well as mine. I think we've pretty much dismissed going to his hometown as, well, we can't see small town Missouri being our jam. We don't dislike where we are necessarily, but there are things that we aren't really crazy about so we are still debating. In the meantime, we are s-l-o-w-l-y trying to downsize a bit and get rid of accumulated "stuff" that we don't need or use. Glad you are enjoying the return to CL!

bee, I also like the "20 instructors in 20 days" rotation idea. I might do that after I finish the current 2Lazy CL rotation. I finish Week 3 of that tomorrow. It probably would be a good idea to take a break from Cathe and throw in some different workouts into my routine. Funny when I first saw the "20 instructor" thread I thought, "can I find 20 instructors in my collection or streaming that I would want to do?" then I took a look at my DVD bookcase and said "are you kidding me? Of course you can!"

Kim, I'm with you on the "too much other stuff to do." I guess we are lucky that there are so many options to try and enjoy, but the sheer number of choices can make my head spin!

FN1 and Nathalie, this upcoming series will be the first one that I will be using the same equipment as Cathe does! I don't have her brand of loops or bands now, so I've been winging it all along. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how her choices in the new workouts will work for me.

FOLV, I agree that Chele needs some bells to celebrate her progress in recovery! Where are you?!

Kate, glad you are enjoying your new Cathe Lives! I did Jabs and Kicks recently and it's a favorite too! Actually there are so many good Lives that I'm hard pressed to find those that I truly dislike--none so far, anyway. There are a few that aren't favorites, but no active dislikes.

Waves to all! Moby out for now!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 10:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

manley did you solve your crepe myrtle dilemma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I am considering going on the Cathe road trip although I would much rather go on trip that we could all meet.
horusosiris The Cathe trip has strong appeal for me if I knew some VFers were going. It's an awful long drive for me. I'm or sure how long yours is. I would dread flying into Philly and rent a car to schlep to and fro from the airport. The lack of a refund puzzles me. Is she planning on offering it virtually of some reason she has to cancel? Is that why it's no refund?
But a trip to meet Watulans...oh heck yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

And YOU ARE ROCKING your PT!!!! Way to GO, fierce Chele!!!!! Where is FOLV and her bells??? That is excellent progress and I'm so happy to hear it! You inspire me (and us all) to keep going and to modify as needed!
Hey, park those dancing boots kittybug...the bells are coming... Btw, I know it's tough being patient with your body but it's nice reading that you are managing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I think walking five dogs who are not your own would be quite challenging and more than just a walking workout!!
Kim I agree with bee. your day if mowing and walking other dogs made me tired reading it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Don't know that I have the bah-bah-bah one you mentioned, but I like that song.
bee and manley
Bah bah song?

ChelePA Please share the days of the week you do therapy. I can't handle Kat step but I can certainly ring a bell to start my day off. So tomorrow, once the coast is clear..I'll ring the small crystal bell 85 times...plus one to grow on. When you get to 90, why we'll graduate your call to arms with the silver bell. When you pass 100
It's Gadank GADANK time babyyy!!

I'll post tomorrow what the crystal bell sounds like

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in