Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-04, 07:54 PM  
Debbie M

Plateau

OK, well (I still remember) that your workouts have consisted of 2 Tae Bos (which you do not want to do anymore), Kathy Smith Timesaver Cardio (which you like and will keep in the rotation), and Denise Austin Arms and Shoulders. You have done no other weight work except the Denise tape and you have no equipment and don't want to have to but any. Right? You have being doing these workouts since May, have lost 25 pounds, but it all halted a while ago. Right?

My suggestions still stand as before really inclusing two that are not listed!

Tamilee Webb:
Tighter Assets Cardio Blast (Yes - nice interval floor cardio - good choice!)
Tighter Assets Weight Loss
I Want those Abs
I Want Those Arms
I Want those Buns
Or should I just get I Want That Body body?
(Unlike other suggestions, I would not get this, with your limited budget because you do not work your back and chest. You have already been working only arms and shoulders. If you can only get very few DVDs, I still think that targeting abs and buns is too narrow a focus when you have not weight trained at all yet.)

Crunch:
Burn & Firm Pilates
Boot Camp Training (Yes - nice circuit workout for variety, perfect intensity for you, I have cardio Sculpt as well, but really love this gem.)Cardio Sculpt
Fat Burning Pilates

Kathy Smith:
Peak Fat Burning
Rules of Fat Burning
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 1
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2

I am all for the Kathy Smith, You like her style. She is the correct intensity for you. It works with your dumbbells (well, get out and get those 8's!). She is hyper in LWTLW1 but it is a good overall workout with every muscle group worked. You can do the upper or lower body or both for a full body workout depending on the time you have. You can chose the lower reps/higher weight track or the lighter weights/higher reps track. You can mix up your routine by switching which way you do it.

I am not familiar with the Rules of Fatburning DVD, but if it is the same price and includes LWTLW1 and some of Peak Fat Burning, that sounds good.

If you choose the Tamilee Cardio Blast (which I think you should, because it is a little more intense and the style variety would be nice), you don't really ned peak fat Burning as it is another floor interval workout. I know that money is tight so i am trying to keep it to the minimum for a rotation.

I think that LWTLW2 is awesome. It is something different. It has more functional and balance moves which will challenge your muscles in different ways. It also has easily seperate upper lower and abs segments for mixing and matching.

I still think that Kathy's Secrets to a Great Upper and Lower Body set would be perfect, but it is only on VHS.

So, overall, my choices would be:

interval cardio: Tamilee Tighter Assets Cardio Blast
circuit: Crunch Bootcamp
strength: Kathy Smith LWTLW1 (or the Secrets set)
strength with a twist: Kathy Smith LWTLW2

Plus: Anything else you can afford from the list! You don't have any real lemons listed!

JMHO

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 07:56 PM  
benemma

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if you have one near, but Ross has I Want that Body, as well as Fat Burning Pilates and Cardio Sculpt all for around $10 a piece.

I love my Fat Burning Pilates, though I wouldn't classify it as a "hard" workout.

Krista
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 08:43 PM  
brittany86

Quote:
Originally Posted by benemma
I don't know if this has been mentioned or if you have one near, but Ross has I Want that Body, as well as Fat Burning Pilates and Cardio Sculpt all for around $10 a piece.

I love my Fat Burning Pilates, though I wouldn't classify it as a "hard" workout.

Krista
I really need to go there, I have one like 5 min. from me. But, everytie I go in there I forget to look for it.
brittany86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 08:44 PM  
brittany86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M
OK, well (I still remember) that your workouts have consisted of 2 Tae Bos (which you do not want to do anymore), Kathy Smith Timesaver Cardio (which you like and will keep in the rotation), and Denise Austin Arms and Shoulders. You have done no other weight work except the Denise tape and you have no equipment and don't want to have to but any. Right? You have being doing these workouts since May, have lost 25 pounds, but it all halted a while ago. Right?

My suggestions still stand as before really inclusing two that are not listed!

Tamilee Webb:
Tighter Assets Cardio Blast (Yes - nice interval floor cardio - good choice!)
Tighter Assets Weight Loss
I Want those Abs
I Want Those Arms
I Want those Buns
Or should I just get I Want That Body body?
(Unlike other suggestions, I would not get this, with your limited budget because you do not work your back and chest. You have already been working only arms and shoulders. If you can only get very few DVDs, I still think that targeting abs and buns is too narrow a focus when you have not weight trained at all yet.)

Crunch:
Burn & Firm Pilates
Boot Camp Training (Yes - nice circuit workout for variety, perfect intensity for you, I have cardio Sculpt as well, but really love this gem.)Cardio Sculpt
Fat Burning Pilates

Kathy Smith:
Peak Fat Burning
Rules of Fat Burning
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 1
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2

I am all for the Kathy Smith, You like her style. She is the correct intensity for you. It works with your dumbbells (well, get out and get those 8's!). She is hyper in LWTLW1 but it is a good overall workout with every muscle group worked. You can do the upper or lower body or both for a full body workout depending on the time you have. You can chose the lower reps/higher weight track or the lighter weights/higher reps track. You can mix up your routine by switching which way you do it.

I am not familiar with the Rules of Fatburning DVD, but if it is the same price and includes LWTLW1 and some of Peak Fat Burning, that sounds good.

If you choose the Tamilee Cardio Blast (which I think you should, because it is a little more intense and the style variety would be nice), you don't really ned peak fat Burning as it is another floor interval workout. I know that money is tight so i am trying to keep it to the minimum for a rotation.

I think that LWTLW2 is awesome. It is something different. It has more functional and balance moves which will challenge your muscles in different ways. It also has easily seperate upper lower and abs segments for mixing and matching.

I still think that Kathy's Secrets to a Great Upper and Lower Body set would be perfect, but it is only on VHS.

So, overall, my choices would be:

interval cardio: Tamilee Tighter Assets Cardio Blast
circuit: Crunch Bootcamp
strength: Kathy Smith LWTLW1 (or the Secrets set)
strength with a twist: Kathy Smith LWTLW2

Plus: Anything else you can afford from the list! You don't have any real lemons listed!

JMHO

Deb
awesome, thanks! It's funny because those are the ones that I was really looking for. I guess those are the ones I'm supposed to get. Thanks again, you're the best!
brittany86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-04, 09:03 AM  
carolb8

The Rules of Fatburning is a Great Buy, and everything on it is 20 minutes or less. I use it for add-ons all the time. It includes:
1) 20 min LWTLW1 upper
2) 20 min LWTLW1 lower (but no abs)
3) 15-20 minute aerobox (jumprope) workout
4) 15 minutes kickboxing
5) 20 minute hi/lo from I'm not sure which dvd
6) 20 minute interval workout from functionally fit peak fat burning

Kathy IS annoying in LWTLW1, but it is an excellent workout, and very quick. The one problem with the dvd is no warm up or cool down - I generally use it as an add-on when I'm already warmed up, and just do my own cooldown. I don't look at this as a major drawback. It is available cheap on DDD.
You have a lot of excellent choices, and of course, reading this thread has made me realize that I cannot live without Crunch Bootcamp and at least one Tamilee dvd.
Carol
carolb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-04, 09:27 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee73
I vote for Tamilee's I want that Body. It is well worth the $20, you get 6 - 15 minute workouts, 2 Abs, 2 Arms, 2 Buns. I've only done section 1 of each body part which I really enjoyed. Section 2 is more intense and I'm just not there yet.
Great value for 20 bucks and very versatile. I use this one for a short workout all the time. KILLER ab work on the advanced part.

Its on sale at http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com for $11.98 free shipping. A steal!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

Last edited by Peggy T; 11-23-04 at 09:34 AM. Reason: on sale now!
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-04, 09:29 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolb8
The Rules of Fatburning is a Great Buy, and everything on it is 20 minutes or less. I use it for add-ons all the time. It includes:
1) 20 min LWTLW1 upper
2) 20 min LWTLW1 lower (but no abs)
3) 15-20 minute aerobox (jumprope) workout
4) 15 minutes kickboxing
5) 20 minute hi/lo from I'm not sure which dvd
6) 20 minute interval workout from functionally fit peak fat burning
Wow, this sounds like exactly what I am looking for!!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-04, 10:45 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

I have to agree with the others... You've listed great choices, but Kathy Smith's Rules of Fat Burning is the bargain of the bunch, and has enough cardio choices to help you break a plateau.

Next, I would head over to Ross ASAP, and pick up Crunch Bootcamp and 'maybe' Cardio Sculpt and IWTB if the budget allows. If your Ross has Breakthru Pilates Sculpt, you might want to consider getting that instead of IWTB or CardioSculpt. It's chaptered and can be done in segments.

My Ross frequently has some Cindy Crawfords. If yours has Shape Your Body, that's a good option, too, since it has two 40min workouts on it. (one with a KILLER ab section)
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rules of fat burning