Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-04, 03:44 PM  
brittany86

Out of this list which one's should I get now?

I've hit a plateau so I'm changing the videos I'm doing.

Which ones should I get from this list right now? I don't know how many I need for this round. I've got 10 lbs to lose and I'll be at my goal.

Tamilee Webb:
Tighter Assets Cardio Blast
Tighter Assets Weight Loss
I Want those Abs
I Want Those Arms
I Want those Buns
Or should I just get I Want That Body body?

Crunch:
Burn & Firm Pilates
Boot Camp Training
Cardio Sculpt
Fat Burning Pilates

Kathy Smith:
Peak Fat Burning
Rules of Fat Burning
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 1
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2

Do I need any other videos to work another body part that I don't have listed?

Thanks!
brittany86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 03:49 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I guess my questions are what do you feel you need more of now - cardio or strength? There are all kinds of different views on what people feel work for their body for losing weight. Some swear by cardio others by strength. When you do strength, do you prefer total body training or split sessions (upper/lower body, one body part at a time, etc.)? The best workout is the one you'll do, so determining what you enjoy would be good.

As far as Tamilee's I Want That... series, I'd go ahead and get the DVD I Want That Body. It is soooo versatile.

Good luck with your search. It can be fun and/or frustrating trying to figure out how to mix things up.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 03:54 PM  
cmhazlett

Of your list, I would go for Kathy Smith's "Rules of Fatburning" DVD first (since it has LWTLW1 plus excerpts from her FF Peak Fat Burning & Kickbox) and Tamilee's I Want That Body DVD second.

Another good similar DVD is Karen Voight's "Sleek Physique". It's got segments for cardio, toning, and yoga all pre-programmed into a 30 minute workout.

Claire
cmhazlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 04:09 PM  
wansley
VF Supporter

I love Crunch bootcamp and Kathy Smith peak fatburning and lift weights 1. Good luck.
wansley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 04:34 PM  
Renee73

Iwtb

I vote for Tamilee's I want that Body. It is well worth the $20, you get 6 - 15 minute workouts, 2 Abs, 2 Arms, 2 Buns. I've only done section 1 of each body part which I really enjoyed. Section 2 is more intense and I'm just not there yet.
Renee73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 04:35 PM  
brittany86

I think I need both cardio and strength. I like doing both total body and split.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 11-22-04, 04:50 PM  
mtnmom

Your list contains two workouts that will have a place on your shelf for years to come. Tamilee's I Want That Body DVD, and Crunch Bootcamp. The "I Want That Body" DVD as others have said, is very versatile. Crunch Bootcamp, is just plain fun - yet still a great workout. And it's available cheaply. The only drawback is I wish it were longer that 30 minutes!

The only other one I could recommend is Tamilee's Cardio Blast. It's a good sweat-fest and it isn't hard to get the moves down the first try.

I'm not a big fan of Kathy Smiths. She's way over the top hyper in LWTLW1, although the workout itself is good. In LWTLW2, I felt the moves were a bit awkward. I've never done the other two you mentioned.

Have you looked at the video clips on Collagevideo.com? I think all the ones you've mentioned are there.

Diane
mtnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 07:19 PM  
Debbie M

Hi there...

Before I answer...you know how many answers I gave last time..LOL...

What happened to the Gilads? I thought you got the entire Quick Fit series from ebay and we worked out a plateau busting rotation? Did you lose the auction and get stuck with just the Quick Fit Cardio Blast that you purchased?

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-04, 07:27 PM  
brittany86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M
Before I answer...you know how many answers I gave last time..LOL...

What happened to the Gilads? I thought you got the entire Quick Fit series from ebay and we worked out a plateau busting rotation? Did you lose the auction and get stuck with just the Quick Fit Cardio Blast that you purchased?

Deb
yes, I was so upset! I'm gonna keep checking with ebay and half though. Because I really don't want to pay I think it's $60 when I know I can get it cheaper. So, until I can find them I have to get something else. Which in the end is fine because I need variety.
Old 11-22-04, 07:28 PM  
brittany86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
Your list contains two workouts that will have a place on your shelf for years to come. Tamilee's I Want That Body DVD, and Crunch Bootcamp. The "I Want That Body" DVD as others have said, is very versatile. Crunch Bootcamp, is just plain fun - yet still a great workout. And it's available cheaply. The only drawback is I wish it were longer that 30 minutes!

The only other one I could recommend is Tamilee's Cardio Blast. It's a good sweat-fest and it isn't hard to get the moves down the first try.

I'm not a big fan of Kathy Smiths. She's way over the top hyper in LWTLW1, although the workout itself is good. In LWTLW2, I felt the moves were a bit awkward. I've never done the other two you mentioned.

Have you looked at the video clips on Collagevideo.com? I think all the ones you've mentioned are there.

Diane
Yes, I've looked at them on collage. I want all of them, but I can't get all of them right now. So, I need everyone's suggestions on which are the best one's to break a plateau

Tags
rules of fat burning