Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-04, 03:51 PM  
talula

Talking recommend me some good workout music!

Not sure this if this is the right forum for this request, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

I've run out of motivating music to listen to while on the elliptical or the treadmill. I've looked online, dynamix seems to have some good stuff, but it's hard to know what I'm buying without any recommendations.
(No sound on my pc to listen to samples, either).

So that brings me here:
what cds do you recommend for a good walk/run? (Ideally, recent music: hi-energy, club/ dance/ hip-hop).
Thanks mucho!
talula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 04:24 PM  
afronubia

Smile Workout cds

Check out FYE's website. They have several CDs for working out.
The ones by SHAPE look really good. There are about 10-12 listed.
Most of the cds have sample that you can listen to before you purchase.
If this link doesn't work, go to FYE and search for "SHAPE Fitness Music".
Good Luck.
http://www.fye.com/vsearch/musicSear...equestid=16825
afronubia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 04:32 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

I like the Shape ones, too! Mostly becasue they are original artists. Tony Little's audios are also original artists. (if he annoys you, don't worry - he only talks at the very top of the cd)
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 06:06 PM  
SBGrunner

Okay, no laughing here....I love Disco for when I use my Nordic Track....I have alot of various CD's I use. I also like INXS as they have a great beat......Carole
SBGrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 07:26 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Of the fitness music I've tried, I like Dynamix the least. The vocals often sound like they are on fast forward, or the singer just sucked up some helium.

I like music mixes by www.powermusic.com and www.musclemixesmusic.com . Everyone has different tastes, so you can listen to snippets of the songs when you visit the web sites to see if you like them. Oops! Sorry: I see that you can't listen on your computer. But why not ask a friend if you can borrow hers/his for an hour or so? Or use a computer at your local library?

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 07:26 PM  
sheilajones03

A suggestion

I tend to make my own mixes for working out, since I often don't enjoy all of the songs on any compilation disc. I've come to really like iTunes for this purpose. It's really easy to use, and it's nice because you can pick only the songs you want without having to buy any full albums. You can, of course, also buy full albums there as well.

As for individual songs, I have two suggestions of recent additions I've made to my own workout mixes: Hey Mama and Let's Get It Started from the Black Eyed Peas. They've gotten me moving more than a few times in the last couple months.

Hope this helps,
Sheila
sheilajones03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 07:27 PM  
sheilajones03

By the way

By the way, iTunes allows you to listen to 30 sec. samples of every song they have.
sheilajones03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-04, 08:28 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Sheilajones, I am a big iTunes fan too.
With iTunes, I can compile all the great workout tunes/DJ mixes I want and all for 99 cents a pop. I have J.Lo's I'm Glad (it's a longer DJ mix version - forget who did it) and I have Toxic (Britney Spears song) the Paul Oakenfold mix, and the original as well (can you tell I like that song?). It's so great that I can listen to clips, choose my tunes and not have to buy the whole album that i don't want, just the few chosen songs I do want!

A couple CDs I love (if you like dancy techno-ey - but not TOO much - dance music for working out): Dance Divas 2 by Louie DeVito (he's a DJ), and Cathe Vol. 1 which IMO is just a classic!! Both of these CD's songs flow into each other - no stops and starts - which is nice for workouts. Unless you MP3 them and put them on a player-THEN the program automatically adds about 1/2 sec of silence in btwn each song.

Edited to add: EEK! How could I forget?!? I just bought King Junior's Elvis remake album off iTunes - it's 21 songs (remixes/covers of Elvis songs - VERY campy, hilarious, and great for exercise too - Cathe used some of it in the Intensity series) and the entire 21 song package is only 9.99 at iTunes. What a deal.

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-04, 08:07 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Check out www.workoutmusicvideo.com - they have tons of different types and for all different types of exercise. Also some video/DVD workouts.
Marie
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-04, 09:23 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

iTunes

Do you have to have one of their MP3 players to download their music? I have an MP3 player, it is not an iTunes. TIA

EDIT: Check out overstock.com for Shape music. They have a few of them and their prices are even lower than FYE.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, power music, tony little