Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-04, 09:29 AM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Opinions on Fitprime Up & Down?

This is the only Fitprime I didn't have (ok, so I'm not interested in those led by Anna, so I don't have them either ). I have searched high and low for it. I NEVER saw anyone offering it on the VF Exchange or the YaYa Swap. Yeah, sure, I could've purchased it brand new, but where's the thrill of the chase then? Nor did I EVER see it mentioned when people would recommend all the various Fitprimes. It's as if it dropped off the earth and didn't exist.

Anyway, I FINALLY found someone selling it over at the YaYa's recently and gladly snatched it up. I just finished it for the first time this morning. I loved it!

I'll say it again, I loved it . The moves were fun and nicely tough. The only negatives I can think of are the music might not have been quite as good as some of the other Fitprimes, Jac's cueing could've been a little better during the medicine ball segments, and they seem to have used the same camera person from Weights First, but those are minor negatives (for me, anyway).

So...what does everyone think of this workout? Why is it never mentioned? (hmm, or maybe I'm just somehow missing those posts??)
Old 05-15-04, 09:34 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hi Deanna. I didn't care for the earlier FitPrimes until I connected with the later releases. I then went back and ended up really liking the older workouts, especially Up & Down. I think JAC just cues this way. She cues the same way in Core Foundations.

Anyway, yes, I do give this workout a thumbs up.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-04, 10:32 AM  
beospenser

I really like this one, too! I have also always wondered why it doesn't get more mention. To me, the transitions between exercises and equipment always felt very smooth (for a FITPRIME!!), especially when compared to CORE FIRST which has equipment changes all over the place.
beospenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-04, 10:39 AM  
cweikle

What a coincidence! I just got this and did it for the first time yesterday. I really like it too, although I did mess up with the cueing a few times. I got it because I really love her personality in Core Foundations. My sense is that her cueing is better in the TLPs, but it might just be that Up and Down has a learning curve (odd for a weight workout). I really love Fitprime and TLP. It's weird because I never got into the Firm at all . . .

"When good is near you, when you have life in yourself,--it is not by any known or appointed way; you shall not discern the foot-prints of any other; you shall not see the face of man; you shall not hear any name,--the way, the thought, the good, shall be wholly strange and new."--Emerson
cweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-04, 09:03 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

I do that one as the "short Fitprime" even though I'm sure it wasn't intended that way.

I always stop at the point where you go back to the floor for the arms and abs because it just seems "done" there. We've hit everything that needs to be hit and I feel finished.

In that respect, yeah, it's a nice workout.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-04, 09:11 PM  
leggy-lele
VF Supporter

I have it and it's okay. I'm not big on her cueing and until I memorize the late cueing I am always messing things up. I prefer other Fitprimes to this one.
leggy-lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-04, 04:44 AM  
Corridors

This is the one I took ages to get because there weren't many rave reviews about it. When it first came out people were saying that there were too many equipment changes, that the changes were too fast so I waited to get it on one of Anna's sales (of course, the sale price now is so much better than the sale I brought it at).

I love this one too - a close second behind FTGU which is my favourite. I can't bounce my ball so I modify these moves but otherwise I do the workout as is. This workout feels like a classic Firm AWT workout but with the tweaks that Fitprime does best.

And this is making me feel sad - why oh why didn't Anna have a good business person behind her? I hope Fitprime continues and she puts out good, innovative, fresh workouts but I sure hope she has somebody else doing the business and customer service side. And does Anna even have a clue about how bad she is in this area?

Colleen
Old 05-16-04, 06:19 AM  
cmiyachi

I just did this yesteryday too!

I did a FitPrime rotation this past week and and switch between this and FTGU in my weekly rotation. I think this is a classic FitPrime with ball moves, good music, lots of "up & down" as the title says. Not my favorite (Weights First, Strong Bear, G-Force, Crunch Time, Floor Burn are) but I like all the FitPrimes.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-04, 06:30 AM  
RuthNYC
VF Supporter

There's a lot going for this workout.....

although people were also put off by the first 3 FPs because of the bouncing ball. It's a tough workout. Actually Core Foundations reminds me a lot of U&D. Even one of the soundtracks is the same.

I haven't done this one in a few months. It is a Classic Firm style workout with new twists.

RuthNYC
RuthNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-04, 05:51 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to post, everyone . It's good to hear a few opinions on this workout. I agree, it's got a Classic Firm feel to it. I really liked it a lot! It also took me a while to warm up to the Fitprime workouts in general, but once I did, I now love them all. My favorite is FTGU .

JAC's cueing seems much better to me in Core Foundations than it does in Up & Down, but maybe I was just having a choreo "off day" yesterday . I do love using the medicine ball a lot, and Up & Down seems to use it the most of all of the Fitprimes (or at least it seemed that way to me).

Tags
fitprime rotation, kickbutt rotation, whfn rotation