Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-30-22, 02:42 AM  
Helen

Week 26
Starting weight 62.7kg = 138.3lb

Mon, 27th Jun 105
Cardio/Abs 41min, Cathe - Step Boss - Step Sync - Basic Mix 2 (bonus intermediate step + ab stacker)
Weights 64min, Cathe (chrono) - Slow & Heavy - Legs & Shoulders
Tue, 28th Jun 60
weights 60min, Cathe (chrono) - Slow & Heavy - Triceps, Biceps, & Abs
Wed, 29th Jun 93
EVERYTHING 93min, Cathe (chrono) - Body Max, yes, it was still a slog
Thu, 30th Jun 63
Weights 63min, Cathe (chrono) - Power Hour
Fri, 1st Jul 0
nothing last day of term
Sat, 2nd Jul 90 HOLIDAYS
Walk 90min
Sun, 3rd Jul 0 HOLIDAYS
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 05:44 AM  
Helen

So I've begun.
Restarted the chrono, finished Monday night's at 10:40pm, but pleased I got it done.
Tonight (Tuesday), buddy needed an active recovery day, hence it was a 20min Gilad & Cathe's Perfect Flow - Mobility Basics

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-31-22, 07:31 AM  
buffmama

You're one ambitious woman Helen. Thanks for the update and info on teachers where you are. So interesting to hear about what's going on in different places.
Old 06-01-22, 07:26 PM  
Vantreesta

I can't believe it's June already. I've been busy with house stuff the last two days and haven't gotten in a workout since PT on Sunday. I need to do that again tonight and some rolling for some muscles that are surprisingly tight for some reason.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 07:38 AM  
SandyO

I've finished my two weeks of Daniel PT, and I can say 4 HIITS plus one lower body each of the two weeks was tough. I am excited for Caroline G FUEL Series. I am doing them one week late, so I can do them on the days I want. I prefer my rest days Wed and Sun, not Thur and Sat. To celebrate the new series, I got a set of fabric loops for the hip thrusts and a 50 lb kettlebell. The next time I see Vannie, she won't recognize me as I'll be so buff.
Old 06-04-22, 08:03 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I've finished my two weeks of Daniel PT, and I can say 4 HIITS plus one lower body each of the two weeks was tough. I am excited for Caroline G FUEL Series. I am doing them one week late, so I can do them on the days I want. I prefer my rest days Wed and Sun, not Thur and Sat. To celebrate the new series, I got a set of fabric loops for the hip thrusts and a 50 lb kettlebell. The next time I see Vannie, she won't recognize me as I'll be so buff.
Impressive Sandy. I am obviously not the buff one in the group! How high did your weights go before the 50lber?
Old 06-04-22, 09:08 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Impressive Sandy. I am obviously not the buff one in the group! How high did your weights go before the 50lber?
40 lb, but to be honest, I mainly got the 50 for my son, but I will use it on any leg exercise that makes sense. The fabric band purchase was also due to his leg hair getting pulled with my non fabric loop bands.
Old 06-04-22, 09:29 PM  
Helen

Realised during this past week, that just walking up into the gym lifts my mood as I climb the stairs, then a gentle smile forms on my face when I hit the top.

Noticing that, I've gone up there to have my morning coffee before work - has been effective on getting me back up there & pulling my out of my "DH is away" schlump. Also the restart pressure too!!

Home from work, take Alice to the park before it's too dark to throw a ball, think about the workout on the way home - hit the gym before I get all cosy with the heater, shower, THEN cosy with the heater, snuggly-clean-tired. It's working.

SANDY
Have had to resort to fabric loops myself a few times - the centre bar on handweights seems to be larger for larger weights & my hands are small.
I can't afford those with uniform sized stainless-steel grips. Mine are pretty colours though.
50lb is a hefty kettlebell!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-05-22, 05:43 AM  
buffmama

I got fabric loops a year or two ago. I like them but don't always use them. They are wider than the elastic loops and I'm short. I wouldn't mind if mine were more narrow for a lot of moves. But I do use them. Let me know your thoughts Sandy. I use them for bridge moves primarily. Let us know if the 50lber ends up with a name.
Old 06-05-22, 06:48 PM  
buffmama

A tad slower today but it felt like an easier run (duh, cause it was slower?). Verrazzano Bridge in the background on the way there, Statue of Liberty in view on the way back. Entire run on the water. Not too shabby. Small crowd at 130 people but we all cheered each other on. The bridge looked closer than it was, due to its size, so that probably kept me from running too fast as it didn't like it was getting any closer. Went for brunch afterwards and then a picnic with some buddies. It was a long, fun day filled with sunshine, smiles, and a nice run.

Sandy - By wider I meant that the fabric loops are a larger diameter in addition to the thickness of the band.

Does anyone else have to sign in a second time to post?

Tags
perfect flow