Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-28-22, 03:34 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.9 day 5 + 15 TA beginner

so counted the reps for the one hard move - Maria only does 20 of that one! No wonder I couldn't keep up. So I was 25 for the other moves and 20 for the hard one, I'll try adding on reps to the 'easy' moves now.

ebianco - well, you know I never consider getting youtube ad free instead of the app LOL. The app some other features, and I guess I liked supporting the trainer but you've made me think about it! It's Action Jacquelyn, she's mainly barre but also well trained in yoga, has a nice set of free meditations as well. She's a bit TA like but SoCal USC dance trained, with stints as a laker and clipper girl. So imagine if TA has a SoCal personality LOL, I made her sounds terrible but she is upbeat and positive but not too much for me (I cannot stand Paula B or Leslie). I gotta say the horses are mine, so yep that work is mine. I might not be as nice as you if my dh wanted 5 dogs and left the work up to me.

buzzer - sleep is only sort of better. Slept like 12-5 then laid awake for I don't know how long and got up at 8:15 which is so not cool for me. I'm really stumped, occasionally I get a decent nights sleep but repeating behaviors from that day doesn't do any good. glad you got some things sorted out at home. I think if I can make some progress on those areas it might help my stress.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 11:53 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe All Out Low Impact Hiit... DONE!
Cathe bis and Tris... DONE!
also core #2 from yesterday.

I did the all out low impact hit, it was long! I don't remember how long, I think it was like 45 minutes, it was exhausting! I was supposed to add on core 2, however I just couldn't so I did it first today before bis and tris. I used cathes weights on bis and tris, and it was good. I actually could have gone up some. It wasn't exhausting though! Some of her 12's I should have done 15's. I will grab heavier next time.

The low impact hiit was crazy! I tried to go all out, but it was a lot. I am doing better with the cardio, but that woman is a machine for sure!

last night I slept a whole 4 1/2 hours. I woke up at 2:45 again. I hate that time. I wish I could sleep until 3:45! Just an hour more! That's all I want. I ended up cleaning up the dining room table area. I had LB's swimming stuff on a little cart next to the table, and I looked at it and realized I had to work on that next. I get so much done while DH is gone! HA! So I got rid of the cart, cleaned up the table, and cleaned the wall. The table I love, however I have been considering getting rid of it. Well, I ended up pulling it away from the wall and putting chairs behind it, and it doesn't look half bad. We have such a small area for the table, and if we put chairs all around it, it blocks the walkway to the kitchen. So I changed the chairs from the walkway to the wall, and I like it. LB said she will use it. I cleaned the wall behind it, which has all sorts of dirt from when there were cabinets up there. When Dh gets home, I'll have him hang the white board there so we can use it for school.

Next I want to get shelves and put them up in the laundry room so I can put the stuff I moved away from the table area onto the shelves (a tool kit, LB's swimming stuff, targets, stuff like that that we stored around it).

Anyhow, that's what I got done this morning. I am slowly working through all the things that blocked me before on this house. Still hate the house, but I'm working on making it more presentable. All this is stuff I just didn't know what to do with, so it's interesting that after all this time, I am suddenly figuring it out! I don't know what inspired me. Maybe that book I got.

So it's 10:45am and I have already had breakfast and lunch. Plus worked out, did a good portion of the house, and got LB started on her day. Hopefully a nap is in order today too!

Eventmom: I agree, doing everything I did on a day before a good nights sleep doesn't help me sleep. I was sleeping so well for a while there, now I am not again. I have no idea what changed. I was thinking with DH gone, I would sleep better because I can sprawl out. Nope. I did change brands of magnesium, since my brand I was using isn't available anywhere, and I'd love to blame my lack of sleep on that. I don't know. So frustrating! I get it though. I am suffering with you! You are not alone in this fight!

Ebianco: Legs is tomorrow again. Not cardio legs (thank goodness!) but legs again. I don't know how Cathe does this, there's like, no recovery time for the legs! I guess today was supposed to be, but my legs are taking a beating. So hopefully I won't be complaining of my leg workout tomorrow!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-22, 01:10 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Action Jacquelyn Barre Toned Sculpt

buzzer - sleep is just so ugg. I slept until like 4:15 ish but I got to sleep around 11:30 got up took more melatonin and we back to sleep who knows, 6, 6:30 got up around 8:20 which just sucks. So I did a short workout. I just don't deal with frustrations when I'm this sleep deprived. It sounds like you doing good work on adjusting your house to make it more workable! I just need to sort and toss and donate but with work and poor sleep I just cannot deal with it. Sorry we are suffering together but at least we both know someone that gets it!

hi ebianco!
Old 03-31-22, 04:45 AM  
Buzzer

Xtrain Legs... DONE!

I looked at my rotation, and the workout was all the leg segments and 80 minutes!! That just stuck in my head. I thought, I barely could do legs for 45 minutes, now she wants me to do 80???? So I kinda held back at the beginning. I still did the work, however I didn't go as deep as Cathe, and my workout room isn't as big as her warehouse workout space, so I could only do 2 walking lunges across before I had to turn and do one, then turn and do another 2. She can do 4 big lunges across! Mine were more compact since, well, I don't workout in a warehouse!

Anyhow, so the first 10 or 15 minutes was kinda like her other leg workouts, my heart rate was up and I was feeling my muscles burn. Then, the second was legs on the ball. I can't do the leg curls with my hips up, so I would lift them as I curled in. Much easier! I probably cheated too much on those, but I sure hate them.

After that, it was much easier. She did a barre segment which was OK, mostly outer thighs it seemed. then floor work, which really reminded me of the Firm!! Weight behind the knee, and the knee crossing over behind the other one (then lifting) in table. It wasn't grueling, and I probably could have done better. However, overall it was a very thorough leg workout! The end was 3 sets for the rear delts. I liked that segment too.

Overall, it was a really good workout. I felt it in my core and whole lower body! Next time I know I can give it a bit more. This time I think I was just too intimidated with the length of the workout.

Today is a "ride" day, and I don't do them. So I am going to pick out a cardio I either love, or haven't done and do that. Something not too leg intensive though!

Yesterday we had a busy day. Wednedays are our day for that though. I picked up the shelving for the laundry room, and once we got home I put up the shelves! I got too big of brackets though, so I need to return those and get some shorter ones. Plus the short shelf I got is too short, so I need to return it and get a longer one. I don't remember making either of these mistakes, but I may have not been paying as close of attention as I thought I was! it looks good though.

LB and I had cleaned up some of DH's office... we didn't touch his desk, but since he's in the garage, I guess you could say we cleaned up the garage. We haven't told him (he just got back into town last night), so I am waiting to see when he goes in and notices! he will be impressed. I hope!

Eventmom: I shouldn't have said I hate 2:45am. Because today I woke up at 2:15, and was thinking how much I would rather wake up at 2:45. Ugh. Hopefully I can nap today, however I really hate that when I should be sleeping,I can't. Then later on, I will be seeing double while we are at karate and I can't sleep there. I hate yawning through the day. I hate that fuzzy feeling I get through the day. If only I could sleep when I have this big block of time set aside to do so!! I hate having to nap, even if I have time to. I have better things to do. I just hate the feeling through the day of being tired, and I hate that I can't sleep when I should be! This is ridiculous. Anyhow, I know you are frustrated too, so just venting on this one. It really stinks.

Hi Ebianco!! I hope you are sleeping well
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-31-22, 10:50 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Action jacquelyn balance and flow yoga around 30 min

so my sleep was about like the night before. I finally called and made an appointment with an MD that does bio identical hormone replacement therapy. hope it helps with out causing my headache to be worse.

buzzer- so sorry about 2:15.. yikes. I can't nap either so I get it, you just drag through the day.

hi ebianco!
Old 03-31-22, 12:13 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I've been feeling a bit under the weather so I didn't have any problem taking an unplanned rest day yesterday. I still don't feel 100% but I felt much better today, so started my workout with what would have been yesterday's workout, leg day with Caroline EPIC 3 (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGaY...4uVpN&index=20). I kind of remember doing this one before and I really like it! It's 40 seconds on/20 off and that ratio feels slightly less time under pressure than some of her later EPIC 3 workouts and EPIC Endgame. (this was day 1 of EPIC 3)

Edited for Friday:

Happy Friday! Today I did upper body with Caroline EPIC Heat (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-by...4uVpN&index=21) It was a toughie! It went through back, shoulders, triceps, and biceps with the staple exercise being chest pushups (2 variations, but I decided to do one set of pushups and one set of chest fly for each staple). I am EXTREMELY sore from yesterday's let workout, like ouchie when I sit on the toilet sore LOL So...I don't know if I'll be up for Dream Body tomorrow, but we'll see!

Eventmom That is a really good point about youtube premium - the income isn't going to the trainer you want to support! I have to check out Action Jacquelyn!

Eventmom and Buzzer I guess it's a little complicated with the dogs. The first small dog I definitely wanted, she was going to be "my" dog (not "ours"). Then we both agreed a second little dog would be great, but she was going to be "ours" as in splitting all the responsibilities and costs. The third dog was a surprise gift for me, so she's "mine" he paid for her (and she wasn't cheap) but I've been responsible for all the bills. The fourth dog he really, really wanted and she was going to be "his" (I gifted him by paying for 50% and she wasn't cheap either) but I ended up covering all the follow up costs like the vet, etc. So really I was only supposed to be 100% for 1/4 of the little dogs and share costs on the others. To make things less complicated, I proposed that we could each cover 2 but it hasn't worked out like that either. He also has "his" big dog and I don't cover any expenses for her...but I do take up a lot of the maintenance. So now I just refer to the 4 littles as 100% mine and just accept that I am 100% responsible, and his big dog is 100% his even though I'm a sucker and end up doing a lot of cleaning up after her. Buzzer yes a donkey would be adorable but yes you know it would become another mom duty!

Buzzer Wow you were way more active pre-DH than I think I ever was! Yes 10 pounds isn't bad at all, I was mostly at a 10 pound gain too which I also thought was great! It's closer to 15 now but all in all that's still good and average I think. I read somewhere that a 10-15 pound weight gain is a sign of a happy marriage and a 20-35+ or something pound weight gain is a sign of an unhappy marriage? Suffice it to say that it seems like everyone gains weight when they get married.

The Train legs floor work really does sound reminiscent of Firm floor work! "Lay down and work out" they say LOL
Old 04-01-22, 04:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

crazy morning - needed a fasting blood draw. Finally got that done, came home, ATE, rode my horse then

action Jacquelyn gentle barre - it's not that gentle but it is all standing and slower rep pace.

well, DD hit a milestone, she came by today so we could help her register for her benefits plan at her full time job. We were impressed that she had very good benefits and very affordable - we pay much more out of pocket at the university. She also will get some retirement in around 30 days.

ebianco - that's pretty complex! Our dogs were always joint the horse no, except the pony that was DDs. My husband has chipped in on some big expenses, especially for one horse we'd had since birth that he really loved. She had some big expenses toward the end of her life. But, the care is basically 100% although DH does help out - like bringing them up the nights I teach. It seems like youtube must somehow share the $ from premium with the posters but not really sure.

hi buzzer!
Old 04-02-22, 08:08 AM  
Buzzer

The Firm Cardio Overdrive... DONE!
rest day... done.

CO is a great workout! I did it during Body Beast, because I had put a note in there "good cardio for during Body Beast" It was fun! I used my 3 pound weights, and just really got into it. I loved it. I was sore through my legs and abs though, so I was glad I did that instead of a step or other tougher workout.

I took a rest day because I slept in after being up for a few hours during the night. I woke up at 7:30, and so I ended up hanging out for about 30 minutes, then LB woke up and we were started in the energy of our day. I guess I needed a rest anyhow, so it worked out. Today I will be more fresh to do Tabatacize, since I have read that it's a super tough workout!

LB and I watched "hoarders" last night, it wasn't even a gross episode. It was just people with clutter... one guy had 2 acres filled with clutter, the other was a guy who was just a gross guy himself (his friend said he once went a year without showering). Neither one had like, mice running around or dead cats or anything. However, middle of the night LB came in with nightmares. I asked her what her nightmares were about, she said "hoarders". I asked her what part, and she said "the cleaning up". HA! I told her that I thought it was funny cleaning gave her nightmares.

So I guess no more hoarders at night! I asked her what we should watch before bed, and she said "like AFV or something." (Americas Funniest Home Videos). I said "so people falling off their bikes in dramatic fashion and getting hit in their helmet less heads won't give you nightmares?" she laughed. Luckily we both fell back to sleep!

Today is Tabatacize, and I think I am ready for it! Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans I haven't worn in about a year, and they fit the same. I kinda felt like maybe they were smaller in the upper thigh/buns area, however the waist was exactly the same. So I guess that's good. At least I didn't outgrow them!

Ebianco: The ownership of your dogs seems complicated! It's like a blended family over there! I hate that soreness where you can't sit on the toilet! HA! It's funny, and I am glad we have the bathroom counter right across from the toilet in arms reach so I can use it for assistance! Cracks me up when I do. That's a hard soreness though, because you can't sit in a chair very long without squirming. I hope today is better!

Eventmom: I am surprised I fell back to sleep last night! I really thought I'd be up all morning. It's good to get a few more hours and feel better about how the day will go. I will anxiously await your report on the bio-identical hormones. I have another sister that has trouble with sleep like I do, so although it's nice to be able to high five each others lack of sleep, I'd love to find a solution. I think I told you I have had trouble sleeping since I was in my 20's. It seems like it's gotten consistently worse though as I get older!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-02-22, 02:19 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday,

I am so sore from head to toe (but mostly my legs ) so Dream Body was totally out of the question, in fact I had to dial down the intensity to just active recovery. So I ended up doing the Crunch Fitness Yoga-Pilates Blend with Ellen Barrett, the one I was going to do last weekend but decided to do Buti instead, and then I took a long hot bath. This is a great workout! I used to do this one a lot. I haven't done it since 2014 according to my notes LOL, but it is a lot of active stretching with some light ab/leg toning and tons of torso twists/stretches/toning. So I should be feeling much looser tomorrow! And if I do, I am planning to get in the Dream Body (Tabata and Toning) that was planned for today.

Eventmom and Buzzer haha yes I guess it is like a blended family with the dogs.

Eventmom I wouldn't have thought about youtube trying to share the premium subscription income with the posters, but who knows! I know that posters are able to monetize better I think than they used to, which is awesome because there's still tons of good instructors that didn't leave youtube to do separate streaming pages.

Buzzer I haven't done that Pink Firm in a long time but good to know it's an easier cardio!

That is hilarious about LB and having nightmares about cleaning up
Old 04-03-22, 07:36 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Xtrain Tabatas... DONE!

I decided to just go ahead and do the premix with all 5 tabatas as well as abs. If I didn't want to do all 5, I told myself I could turn it off and go to abs. Well, I did them all. They weren't NEARLY as hard as that cardio legs workout! you do 3 different exercise in each tabata, 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest. Then you repeat them all. Then get a grand rest of probably about a minute. It wasn't that bad! Of course, I didn't go all out for two reasons... one, I was afraid of how hard it was going to be from what I read about it. Two, I just didn't feel that energetic. So although I did work hard, I did not work as hard as Cathe. Lots of leg work in the workout too! Jump lunges, jump squats, moving while you are in squat position. So my legs, although I did not do the full movements, are sore today from it!

after was abs, and it was a fun one. Not a lot of plank, and for the banana rolls I do 8 staying on one side, then roll to the other side and do 8. Then just even it all out at 4 and 4, until she's done. It hurts my hips to do that rolling back and forth for some reason.

Although I slacked a bit on the tabata, we have a C shaped driveway, and we call the little patch of land in the middle of it the "island". The island has always been a patch of weeds that grow long, a green swimming pool I put out there thinking I could use it as a garden base (which didn't work), some lilacs I cut down that are now just woody sticks, the woody sticks from the lilacs I cut down last year that I left on the ground and are now covered in growing weeds... it's just a mess. And it's right in front of our house. Oh, and we have DH's flag pole in there. So yesterday, after years of wanting to do something with that land, I decided to clear it out and do something. I spent from about 1-6 clearing out weeds, raking, moving rocks I found, moving out the sticks... just working.

It was a mild day out, so it was a good day for it! I got it mostly cleared, just a little more to go. Then I will kill the weeds, put down some landscaping cloth, and start making a path to the flag pole so we don't have to tromp down hip high weeds to get to it. I want to clean up the area so it makes the front of our house look a little nicer. DH is talking about putting "rip rap" rocks in there, which are big, angle-y rocks. I told him I want it to look nice, and I hate rip rap. We have some he wanted as a border to some flat area near our house years ago, and it's been the biggest pain. We trip on them, we always have to step over them, and they don't look nice. So he said "well, this is your project" and I have never been happier to hear those words. He has a way of complicating things, IMO, so much that I lose the desire to do them! "write out what you want to do. Figure out your materials. Sketch it out. See how much they cost, decide if you want them delivered or picked up.... " He wants me to do so many steps that I lose interest. I am one that just will lay down cloth, and get started and see where it takes me. It hasn't failed me yet!!

So I am happy this is now "my" project!

Today we are going to see a dinosaur interactive exhibit, then I will see if the weather holds and I can work on the island. I got a concrete form for making paths, so I have big plans to have paths and patios all over the yard!!

Anyhow, long story longer, I slacked on my tabatas, but made up for it with yard work!

Ebianco: I am always surprised when I do a workout that I know is good and I loved, and realize it's been 7-10 years since I did it!! I am amazed at how time flies. I have pulled out workouts before and my notes are from 2009! Hard to believe so much times goes by and I haven't done it since. Especially when it's a good workout and I feel like I have done it more recently!!

Eventmom: Is your DD still working in her same industry? If so (and even if it isn't), that's really cool she got a full time job! Retirement after 30 days may not seem that cool when you are young, but man, it sure does pay off when you are older! She will be happy to have it! I think that's great! Congratulations to her!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14