Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-28-22, 07:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a gray, dreary day today. And we had no appointments out of the house. I did need to go to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions and they didn't have the new prescription. I called my doctor who checks his messages regardless of the office being closed (yay!) and he ended up submitting it four times to try to get it through. The PA I saw yesterday had sent it in, but Walgreens system wasn't receiving it. Anyway, it finally went through and I went back this evening to pick it up. Sometimes, Walgreens drives me crazy. Anyway, I have it. Tonight, I'm going to put together a chicken stew to cook in the crockpot tomorrow.

We're just supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow tonight, not much. It sounds like Boston will be slammed tomorrow.

Anita - Congrats on getting the wiring done. I can understand why you would have a strong sense of accomplishment. And I hope you do get better reception. Yeah, Naproxen is what the doctor took me off of and it worked well for me. Hopefully, it will keep working for you. Cymbalta is my new drug. It's an anti-depressant that can be used to treat osteoarthritis.

Paula - You might want to ask the doctor about Naproxen. I'll let you know how the Cymbalta works for me. It must be nice to have a handy husband. By the time my husband came along in his family (5th), most of the handy genes had been given to his older brothers.

Paula -

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 09:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 11 - Moderate Weights, followed by Tamilee Standing Stretch.

Did some baking today - baked two loaves of sourdough bread and two loaves of quick bread. Picked up my new glasses at Costco and that was my day.

Anita, Pat yourself on the back for successfully finishing the wiring project. It sounded daunting to me. I understand about liking to have the house to yourself. I enjoyed my time home alone today - DH felt well enough to go to the hangar for a few hours. I'm sure he enjoyed his time away too. I wish we lived closer, I'd take some of those orchids off your hands. As for equipment we have two BluRay machines - one of each TV, a DVR which is old but keeps on going. We have lots of DVD movies and I still have a lot of exercise DVD's.

Laura, I guess Walgreens is the store for prescriptions and other stuff - my sister uses them and complains about them too. Here CVS is the drug store most people use, it's where I get my prescriptions filled. I don't have any complaints. Yeah, I deeply appreciate my DH is handy with most things and likes to do things with his hands.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 09:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with friends - should be a warmish day! Adelija is planning to go somewhere a bit later while I'm at the park and will probably take the bus. I ended up having to pick her up after the basketball game last night - long time waiting in the parking lot at a late hour . Otherwise nothing officially planned, but may go grocery shopping this weekend as we're low on many things.

I tried rewiring the radio antenna also, but broke a wire . Still working OK in its one position, but not great. May need to get a new radio antenna...

Laura, glad you were finally able to get your prescription! My last one was a really expensive one ($300/month) and the pharmacy called me about that - I cancelled it. I didn't know if they kept stuff like that on hand or would have to order it from their supplier as not many people are opting for it, I assume. I've heard of Cymbalta, but have never tried it - so far my bad joints needing that have been replaced. I do enjoy not taking anything for my joints these days! on your chicken stew today!

Paula, that's quite a bit of baking! Do you find the bread quality changes depending on the season you bake in? I notice that in my house - I think it's the interior temp and humidity levels that affect the yeast, but frankly, it's been a long time since I've baked wth yeast. I try to avoid the CVS pharmacy nearest me - it's by the city train tracks and used by many transient people. They use the entrance area as their bathroom . They also have a lot of treating everyone waiting in their pharmacy area as drug dependents in a bad way . I use a private pharmacy a few blocks away - at least I can walk to that if needed. I don't agree with the politics of the owner, but the place is good. I used to have an old analog TV downstairs and the supporting DVD and VCR players, but got rid of all that several years ago. Adelija uses her computer lots to watch Netflix movies in her bedroom.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 07:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a cold day here. You've heard of that nor'easter headed up the east coast? We got a dusting of snow last night and it has melted. It wasn't such a cold day, actually, but the wind was blowing hard and it felt so much colder than it was.

I negotiated a time for a training session tomorrow. And I cooked the crockpot chicken stew. (It was pretty good and definitely hit the spot on this cold-feeling day.) This afternoon, we went over to Mom and Dad's to hang out and catch up.

Anita - Yeah, I wouldn't take a $300 prescription either. I'm sorry about the wire in the antennae! How frustrating. I hope you can solve it as simply as possible.

Paula - Yeah, Walgreens is on every corner here, like CVS in other places. They are actually not bad compared to our Maryland pharmacy (which ALWAYS screwed things up). But when things go wrong with them, they go off the rails. How are the glasses working out?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 10:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs and a neighborhood walk with DH. We still aren't going as far and as fast on our walks as we were before he got sick but he's improving steadily.

Grocery day today, so the usual shopping and food prep.

Anita, yeah I do find baking changes based on weather but not often. Generally it's during the time we're having hot dry winds. I wouldn't go near any store that was as disgusting as the CVS you described. Luckily the ones near us are clean and pleasant places to shop. You had a prescription for $300.00 a month, ouch. My SD had a prescription that was $270.00 a month and with their other prescriptions there were months (the infamous donut hole) when they had to dip into their savings. The only prescription I use isn't covered by my insurance and is $70.00 but it lasts three months. At around $23.00 a month it's worth the money. DH has a couple prescriptions but has full insurance coverage on them so his are really cheap.

Laura, I asked my family how much snow they got from this storm. The NC group only got a dusting but my neice in WV got 3 inches and it stayed. Got the new glasses and I'm adjusting. My eyes were tired and watering last night. I wanted to switch back to my old glasses in the evening but realized I'd left them in the car and was too lazy to go outside and get them so just went to bed. Haven't had any problems today yet, but my eyes do feel a little tired. It always takes me a day or two (or more) to adjust to a new prescription.

Keep warm everyone.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote