Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-22, 05:52 PM  
Malinda

Hi Chicks!

Whew, I have been so busy at work the past week and 1/2. Crazy!

So I finished the LIIFT4 rotation -- yippee!!!! I ended up really liking the last two weeks of it, which in the past I have not. This is the fourth time I've done the rotation, but only the second time that I stuck with it through all 8 weeks. I got great strength results. I really like doing some cardio with the lifting each day, and he does core in every workout as well, which I also love. So all in all, a successful 8-week-ish rotation for me.

I decided to revisit Chalean Extreme for a few weeks. I'm skipping the first phase, the Burn Phase, and doing the second phase, the Push Phase, for a few weeks. I am going super-heavy (for me) and I'm feeling it! I've been doing an Insanity warm-up prior to the workouts to get some cardio in on those days. On days I don't do CLX, I'm doing my usual random mix of cardio.

Nice to see you check in Linda!

I hope all is well with all of you and your families! Happy Hump Day!
Old 02-10-22, 07:55 AM  
Mickey12

Malinda, I haven't done Chalene Extreme is a really, really long time. Now you make me want to get out some of those workouts. That's why I love this forum so much. It reminds me of workouts that I wouldn't think about otherwise. Have fun with it!

I purchased a bunch of used DVDs from Mary and last night I did the upper body/abs workout from Beachbody's Project You with Kathy Smith. I collected most of the workouts for that set over the years but this particular upper body/abs DVD had escaped me. When I saw it on Mary's site, I grabbed it. Now my Project You set is complete! I liked the workout. The set is nice and bright and Kathy is a little less manic than in some of her other workouts. It clocks in at 28 minutes which is perfect for me. I also went for a walk at lunch since it was sunny, blue sky and fairly warm for February. Good stuff.

Sending good energy to Kate. I know you're still so busy taking Justin to treatments.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-13-22, 04:32 PM  
Jules

Super Bowl Sunday is here! It is weird it is a week later now since they added an extra game. We always leave our Christmas decorations up until after the Super Bowl, so I will definitely start taking them down this week. I would be happy to see either team win. It would be nice for Matthew Stafford to win after all those years playing for Detroit, but it has also been a long time since Cincinnati has been in the big game.

Still doing STS...

Fri: STS M1/W2 Back & Triceps + Butts & Guts Stability Ball Core
Sat: Studio Sweat Straight Up Spin
Sun: Ran errands in town
Mon: STS M1/W3 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps + Core Max #1
Tues: BodyCombat 66
Wed: STS M1/W3 Legs + Core Max #2
Thur: Yoga Detox 30: Holding Space
Fri: STS M1/W3 Back & Triceps + Core Max #3
Sat: Ran errands
Today: Cathe's Intensity

Kim: Congrats on completing your Project You set. Now you can sleep at night, Have fun with your new workouts!

Linda: Footloose and Fancy Free sounds Fabulous!

Malinda: Those Insanity warmups are, well, Insane! I don't have Chalean Extreme, but it is on my someday list.

Hi Kate!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 01:30 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello chicks!! You are so amazing keeping things going.
Justin and his appointments are going well. I started a 2nd part time job last week and kinid of wondering if I can handle it all. At least its working from home.

But never fail, still doing workouts!! I'd be DAFFY if I didn't exercise!

Brief recap from last week.
8th: Live 28 High Reps Total Body. Excellent! I think similar to her High Reps DVD but I honestly can't remember.
9th: 42 Cardio Core Circuit. I really liked this one!!! Alternating core with cardio.
10th: 194 Vertical Loading 2. Excellent!! I love the first Vertical Loading and this one was just as challenging.
11th: 297 Cardio Party Play Date. Another FAV! I'm not sure why it tickled me so - maybe just the fun cardio steps.

This week, yes more Cathe Live.
14th: 382 Wicked Upper Body. This is her latest Live and I LOVE IT!!!! 50 minutes of just upper body strength and I brought out all my big boys. SO much fun and definitely feeling it today! I usually went heavier than Cathe - kind of depends on the exercise. I often match her on shoulders.

Today was a BLAST! 381 Plyo Legs Low Impact plus 323 Legs Express. OMG GOOD! My legs and butt are jello! But what a great combination. 381 kept all the plyo pretty low impact. I jumped. The moderate weight work. Also uses the medium Boss Loop (green). Just a great fun mix of cardio and weights. Backgrounder Janet, who is always there, turned 75 that day. Talk about inspiring!
323 was also moderate weight. No cardio except your HR does go up anyway. The pace is kind of fast as far as moving between exercises. Really great!! And perfect together!

Just really really enjoying the Live workouts! I haven't gotten bored feeling like I have to try another instructor. My DVDs miss me though. LOL

And also still meditating daily plus Yoga almost every afternoon. Then the day is done!

Take care all! Keep on with those awesome workouts!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-22, 05:32 PM  
Malinda

Hi y’all! Nice to see everyone!

Kim, CLX was the first rotation I ever tried -- and I completed it the first time AND did the rotation as printed almost to a T (I subbed in a Turbo Jam for the cardio every so often). I got amazing results, but I’m sure it’s because it was my first time doing a lifting program. It has a special place in my heart. You sure have been doing a fun variety of stuff! Your back still feeling good?

Jules, I never watch football, but we watched the last five minutes of the Super Bowl and it was very exciting! You are killing it with STS! I think Chalean Extreme would be a walk in the park for you after STS. I have the STS set, still in shrinkwrap. It was an Ambien/wine evening purchase many, many years ago.

Kate, so good to hear that Justin’s treatments are going well. You are one busy lady! As always, I am so impressed with your dedication to family, work, and workouts/self care.

Hi Linda!

Workouts for this week:

Sun - CLX Push 2 - shoulders & lunges
Mon - MBF Day 16 Core Circuit
Tues - Turbo Fire Greatest HIITS
Wed - CLX Push 1 - bis/tris/squats

I’m doing the CLX workouts in the order that DebbieS came up with a long time ago on VF. Burn Intervals is on the schedule for tomorrow, but it’s supposed to be warm and sunny tomorrow morning, so I think I’m going to go for a long walk instead. I logged into MapMyRun this morning and saw that my last long walk was in August of 2021 -- I can’t believe it was that long ago! I used to walk/jog once a week -- I really need to get back to it, I loved it so much!

Y’all keep on keepin’ on!
Old 02-16-22, 09:08 PM  
Mickey12

Malinda, yes, thankfully, my back has been feeling good. I am doing the stretches I learned in physical therapy so hopefully they are doing the trick.

Jules how did the tradition of keeping the Christmas decorations up until the Super Bowl get started? I don’t think I ever knew anyone that does that. Fun!

Kate good luck with your new job. I know you’ll do great with it. You’re very determined!

Tonight I did an old CIA vhs, Jennifer Mills hi/lo and step. It’s one of the really old ones in the white sleeve. I did the hi/lo section only and I’ll save the step for another day. The music was too low, but other than that, it was great! Pretty fast pace but so much fun and nothing was too complex that I didn’t get it on the first try. There was a fair amount of TIFTing but it was so fun that I didn’t mind. A generous VFer gave me a bunch of old vhs and I am having a great time working through them.
Old 02-17-22, 01:40 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Malinda: No self care, no Kate! I thank my lucky stars that I am healthy enough and can handle all the other care for people.
CLX is good. I actually traded mine but always liked Miss Bling!

Kim: Happy birthday!! Hmmm - determined...I like that! My 2-Star General Dad really stressed discipline with me. I guess that's like determined too.

Yesterday I NEEDED me some Body Combat so pulled out an OLD one from 2005 - #25. Always fun, Dan is cute and fierce. Good tunes etc. And Dan is cute...oh yeah I said that!

Today I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do...I kept changing my mind and decided I wanted some upper body strength work so ended up with Cathe Live 276 All In Upper Body!
FANTASTIC!! It paired body parts, like shoulders/biceps, back/triceps etc. I think Cathe said there were 25 different exercises in the whole 50 minutes. I went heavy as I could as sometimes there were 24-36 reps and it felt amazing! My arms and hands were shaking when I got to the stretch! I was going to add on a shorter upper workout but I was done!

Can it be Friday tomorrow already?

HUGS

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-17-22, 08:25 PM  
Jules

Almost the holiday weekend! We have Monday off - how about you all?

I'll be finishing up STS Mesocyle 1 tomorrow. I will probably skip the active rest week and roll right into Meso 2 next week.

Mon: STS M1/W4: Chest, Shoulders & Biceps + Ab Stacker from Step Boss
Tues: Studio Sweat Straight Up Spin (lots of hills and sprints)
Wed: M1/W4: Legs + Ab Attack from Studio Sweat
Thur: Yoga Detox 30 Purify with Travis
Tomorrow: M1/W4: Back & Triceps + Abs (either Ab Ripper X or Jackie Warner: Crunch Free Xtreme Abs)

Kate: You sound so happy when you describe your Cathe Live workouts! And you are doing a little Les Mills too - perfection.

Malinda: You should tear that shrink-wrap off! STS is totally doable as you do endurance for the 1st month, hypertrophy for the 2nd month and strength for the 3rd month. I have a hard time staying focused during Meso 3 b/c of the long rests in between sets, but love Mesocyles 1 and 2.

Kim: It gets dark early in northwest Montana in the winter - by 5:30 pm. We don't experience many sunny days here in the winter either. The Christmas lights and decorations are cheerful when there isn't much sun!

Hi Linda!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 02:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: You said holiday weekend but I couldn't figure out what...President's Day. I'm still working.
I also did not take rest weeks during STS. I just added in my own cardio on the off days. Still one of THE BEST strength systems ever. I'd love to see a new STS.

Malinda: DO STS!!!!! It's sooo good and YOU choose the weights you want to use.

Well I had planned to do Shaun T Asylum Game Day but I just wasn't feeling it. OUT
As much as I love Shaun, some of his workouts just aren't doing it for me anymore.

Then popped in Les Mills Body Jam 64. I wasn't feeling it either but finished it. Selling this one on VF Roost.

Happy Friday!

Old 02-21-22, 01:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Monday, Monday. Winter storm warning here for the next 2 days. No trips to radiation either. At least that's ok with the Dr. They'll just tack the two missed days to the end. We're supposed to get 7-10 inches of snow and high winds. I'd rather not drive in that, thank you.

Today I tried Cathe's newest Live 383 Functional Fitness Circuit. Wowsers! Surprised me. That was a nice challenge but not totally killer. Although I did go heavier than Cathe, I still kept weights pretty low because of the rep speed and count. 10, 12, 15s. Lots of energy - both me and the backgrounders. I did the floor cardio modifications instead of jump roping as I don't have a rope and I suck at jumprope. ;-)

Have a super week!!