Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-22, 06:24 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'll check in. I did Mossa Blast 1 today. Love Mossa workouts -- it's just enough for me. HiiT. Around 8x2 burpees. 30 mins. Athlete, Blast and Fight are the ones I go for.

Planning to do Heather Day 3 tomorrow.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 06:44 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I dread glute day too and it’s tomorrow for what I’m doing. Leg day was yesterday and it’s not much better. Lol. I’m glad you guys can support each other for the next 12 weeks. Sorry I can’t (I realize trying to do three rotations at once would be ridiculous and would defeat the purpose of all three) but I look forward to reading how it goes for both of you. I’m rooting for you from the sidelines.
LOL! Yes, 3 rotations at once is a little much! But I admire your gusto! I could start a youtube instructor check-in? Yesterday's glute day was more activation. I can't wait until the day we do glutes/legs with all the weights!
Old 01-05-22, 06:46 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I'll check in. I did Mossa Blast 1 today. Love Mossa workouts -- it's just enough for me. HiiT. Around 8x2 burpees. 30 mins. Athlete, Blast and Fight are the ones I go for.

Planning to do Heather Day 3 tomorrow.
Well, now I'm going ot have to check out Mossa! I took a full rest day today that ended with a margarita (free because it was an order mess up for someone else) and a mexican dinner. (Hides head in shame). I'll be doing day 3 tomorrow as well!
Old 01-06-22, 05:59 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I’d join your check in if you want to do a YouTube one, but I don’t want to rain on your parade. Now Mossa workouts sound good to me too. Lol. How do they compare to Les Mills? I’ve seen them around on eBay but never got any. I have a lot of Les Mills though: Body Combats, Body Jam, Grit, Pump and CX Worx. Have you tried those to compare?

Glute activation is tough by itself. CG’s glutes involve my band and my 53lb kettlebell and glute raises galore with band and bell, just band and just bodyweight. Grumble. I don’t mind the sumo squats and deadlifts but those infernal glute raises. Haha. My glutes are fried now. KayKay’s workout today was just a basicleg day in 30 minutes with 20 lbs and a short 8 round Tabata at the end for a cardio burst. It was a nice finisher to all the glute stuff. I’m glad to be done with it now though. Tomorrow is one of CG’s rest days and KayKay has a stretch scheduled so we’ll see what other trouble I get myself into. Lol.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 03:11 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Well, now I'm going ot have to check out Mossa! I took a full rest day today that ended with a margarita (free because it was an order mess up for someone else) and a mexican dinner. (Hides head in shame). I'll be doing day 3 tomorrow as well!
Here's a code for 30 day trial for Mossa:

LETSMOVE2022

You'll get 44 days really. The usual 14 + 30 days.

It's very similar to Les Mills except shorter. But it packs a punch. And each section focuses on different aspect.

Yes, I'll join a youtube check in.
Old 01-06-22, 05:33 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Here's a code for 30 day trial for Mossa:

LETSMOVE2022

You'll get 44 days really. The usual 14 + 30 days.

It's very similar to Les Mills except shorter. But it packs a punch. And each section focuses on different aspect.

Yes, I'll join a youtube check in.
Dang, I already signed up for the free 14 day trial. I'm missing how the workouts are shorter. Most of them are around 60 minutes from what I've seen so far. I see a section of 30 minute workouts. I got burned out on Les Mills but like the looks of Mossa so far. I need to do more cardio workouts. i'm about to do HR day 3 right now. I'll get a youtube check in going tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-06-22, 05:57 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Dang, I already signed up for the free 14 day trial. I'm missing how the workouts are shorter. Most of them are around 60 minutes from what I've seen so far. I see a section of 30 minute workouts. I got burned out on Les Mills but like the looks of Mossa so far. I need to do more cardio workouts. i'm about to do HR day 3 right now. I'll get a youtube check in going tonight or tomorrow.
The lower number are 30 min workouts. Under "All Workouts", check out the category. So if look under 'Blast', you have to go the lower number; i.e. Blast 1-5 are 30 mins. I think they started as 30 min workouts, but people complained being short so they added 60 min workouts. I tried the longer workouts but prefer the 30 min ones. I think they are more intense, get the job done in short amount of time.
Old 01-06-22, 06:34 PM  
gigi

I just finished day 3. My favorite moves were the Squat & Curl and the Ninja Hop & Curl. My chubby self now struggles with burpees but for some reason I could do those two moves. I can still do burpees but I'm not as fast or nimble as I once was. I usually don't workout on Fridays but it's leg day so I'm going to do it!
Old 01-08-22, 11:05 AM  
gigi

Quote:
The lower number are 30 min workouts. Under "All Workouts", check out the category. So if look under 'Blast', you have to go the lower number; i.e. Blast 1-5 are 30 mins. I think they started as 30 min workouts, but people complained being short so they added 60 min workouts. I tried the longer workouts but prefer the 30 min ones. I think they are more intense, get the job done in short amount of time.
I missed this before. I will take a look! Also, when I e-mailed support they applied the code so I have more free days! Thank you!

Tags
heather robertson