Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-22, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! We're gearing up for our first measurable snowstorm tomorrow. Sigh! I'm feeling envious of Pam for sure! Anyway, yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 20, 20 Minute Walk and Tone
~ Day 21, 8 Minute Standing Abs
~ YWK Yin Yoga & Affirmations for Intuition
~ 7,136 steps

I have two more of Lucy's Advent workouts and then I want to get Margaret back into rotation. I plan to finish the last workout on 1900 disc 1 and then do other workouts - the one with the palm trees sounds good, is that Strong & Limber?

Diane, that's great you have a lot of Body Electrics. I have a scant few that a VF'er burned for me and I love them.

Everyone have a lovely day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 11:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Not much news here. Hunkering down for some snow tonight, that's about it. Laying low for the most part trying to avoid any illnesses.

DIANE, glad Christopher is on the mend and you got some sleep. I have almost all of MR's dvds so I passed on her *overpriced* IMO streaming. I did like it but barely used it so a no brainer for me.

PAT, great job keeping on through it all. It's not easy that's for sure. Good luck to both of us with this snow coming tonight.

DONNA, yay on the plumbing job being complete. Good luck with the rest of the work being done.

PAM, always lovely workouts.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 11:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I slept in this morning and have been a bit behind as a result. I did need a good night's sleep though.

Plumbing work is done - woo hoo! Although, a funny story, they forgot to turn the power back on to the hot water heater before they left - so I thought I had another emergency on my hands this morning - but fortunately it was an easy and no cost fix, LOL!

Getting painters lined up for the painting job and repair work is next. It is a friend's company that we use.

Anyway....

Today's workout was:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Using Light Weights - this is one she uploaded on Monday. I enjoyed it - I like this instructor, the word "comforting" comes to mind whenever I workout with her. This was a pretty challenging workout - it reminded me somewhat of the Firm's 4 Limb stuff.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga - I think she uploaded this one on Monday as well. It was a nice short session to add on this morning.

I do want to get something in this afternoon at lunch for some extra steps and activity. I didn't get anything extra in yesterday between work and then putting the house back together after the plumbers.

We are also supposed to get some snow here overnight.

There is so much free on You Tube it is hard to justify spending money on a streaming service!

I am thinking that maybe I'll do 3 Lively Ladies workouts per week - Trish uploads on Mon-Wed-Fri. So I can do those and then on the in-between days do whatever strikes my fancy. I am just not good w/ following a strict plan. I think the LL workouts will help me to get back into some sort of shape for doing more advanced work - she often blends cardio/toning into each workout. They are probably not "enough" for a true strength program, but I need to take baby steps, LOL!

Summer Breeze - how is your back feeling?

Hope everyone has a good day - Thursday already.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 10:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello, I’m still here!

We headed off to warmer climes for a few weeks. Yesterday was a long travel day so I got in a nice stretch at bedtime.

Today’s offerings:
~Adriene’s Moon Practice (YT)
~long walk, 17,000+ steps
~yin forward bends & hip stretches

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 06:47 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, all!

Things are still pretty hectic around here. I've never done so much laundry as I have lately. Today is a cleaning day after my workout, which will include more laundry. So grateful for my washer and dryer!

Yesterday's workouts:
4 sets of pushups
Lesley Slow Flow Yoga with a core focus

In the afternoon, I did Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Week 1 Day 3 practice. This practice is phenomenal for hips, hamstrings, sciatica - I love this one!

Pat - what do you use to count steps? I'm still vacillating between FitBit, Garmin or an Apple Watch.

Summer Breeze - I so agree about Margaret's streaming. Even with the discounted price, it's still $13.99 a month. I have so many to choose from that I passed this time. Maybe down the road. And laying low is a smart thing to do! My brother-in-law is a judge in NYC and there was an article about how anyone who enters the courts will most definitely leave with Covid. He is fine, vaxxed and boosted and generally a healthy guy but the worry is still there. We all have to be mindful of our movements in relation to protection against this virus. You guys down south will be getting real snow. So far, we've gotten a few days of 2-3 inches, which in Upstate NY is like a day at the beach!

Donna - I don't envy you having work done in the house. It's so disrupting but the end result is wonderful!

Pam - Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Cardio - this was from Wed 1/5 - this was body weight exercises done at a cardio pace. it was easier than the workout I did yesterday w/ weights.

Man Flow Yoga - Mission: Daily Yoga - Beginner's spinal essentials. I enjoyed this one - slow paced, good instruction, longer holds.

Diane - I will check out that practice from Erin - thanks! Good luck w/ your cleaning. Painters will be here next week - Wed/Thurs - I'm looking forward to the end result, if not the process!

Yes, Pam -enjoy your travels!

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Friday.

We did get some snow overnight. It is pretty but I'm glad I telework.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 01:27 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! I'm home snowbound, my work was cancelled in advance yesterday. We have about five inches and it seems to be melting in the sun already. The grocery store was a madhouse last night and the shelves were empty. It was literally scary. It was worse than when we were in full lockdown. There was no meat out, just lots of packages of the non-meat ground up stuff. No juice, no eggs, no salad greens, hardly any frozen food, I could go on. There was a very weird feeling in the air too. Ugh.

I accomplished:

~ Chris Freytag 10 Minute Beginner Walking Workout
~ YWK Evening Yoga Movement Day 7, Evening Stretches
~ 5,904 steps

The Freytag was good - I've never worked out with her. I liked her personality and having a nice braindead short workout. It's just a teaser though, the rest of the channel is clips of workouts from Get Healthy U TV.

Summer Breeze, how did you make out with the storm? How are your young ones feeling?

Pam, eat something tropical for me!

Diane, I can imagine you being drowning in laundry. I am currently using a Fitbit Charge 4, it's kind of an addiction. I stopped wearing it for sleep tracking though - it was keeping me awake.

Donna, that Man Flow Spine Essentials sounds really good.

Ha ha, I've been wallowing around reading and really should do something constructive with the rest of my day off. Be safe everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 01:08 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s activities:
~Lunar Love Full Moon Yoga (The Yoga Witch YT)
~Lots of walking, racked up 23,000 steps.

Pat - I thought of you as we enjoyed some delicious fresh pineapple tonight! I’m sorry your grocery supply chain is not functioning, that’s rather disconcerting!

Diane - I must check out Bad Yogi!

Waves to Donna & summer breeze!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 06:27 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Not much to report. Two to three inches of snow yesterday - easy to deal with. We bought a new snow blower this year and Gerry is disappointed he hasn't gotten to use it yet - not me! I'd rather not get any major snow!

I'm buried in laundry. Christopher has early stage kidney failure (not surprising for a 17 year old cat) and for some reason or another, he keeps getting pee all over himself and his frequency has increased. So, since he uses washable wee wee pads, I'm doing laundry at least twice a day but yesterday was about 6 loads. Plus, I have to bathe him but early morning is a sponge bath, which isn't quite adequate. So, he lays on towels which also have to be washed. I've had 2 cats in the past who have had kidney disease and this is nothing new, except he is not mobile. He's doing the best he can, poor old bugger.

A.M. Workouts:
Shaun T Biceps, Shoulders and Triceps
30 minute treadmill run
Bad Yogi's I Am Yoga Challenge (theme - free)

P.M. Workouts:
Gymbox Abs/Core
Bad Yogi's I Am Yoga Challenge with meditation (theme - confidence

Donna - I purchased Man Flow but haven't used it yet. Going to go there now to check it out. Hope the painting goes well and you love it!

Pat - Going to check out the FitBit Charge 4. I love Chris Freytag. I like her ACE Hiit series and her 10 pound slimdown series. All really well balanced!

Pam - Bad Yogi has some really good programs - well structured and thought out. And she's not overly chatty, which is one of my pet peeves!

Have a great day, everyone - waves to Summer Breeze!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 10:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

About 4 or 5 inches here, not too bad at all.
My neighbor does the bulk of it with his snowblower thankfully but I went out to clean off the car and shovel the steps. My DD said she would do it and DS said he would come by today and do it for me but I wanted to test my luck since there wasn't too much. My back definitely started throbbing afterwards but I took some advil and rested and it was ok.

PAM, ah enjoy those tropical climes, you lucky lady! Great step totals!

DIANE, aw sorry about all the laundry for your poor guy. My friend who has been after me to meet up with her all week has just informed me she tested positive. Umm ok. Why were you going out and about when you were waiting on results from a covid test? She's a piece of work. Good thing I stuck to my guns.

DONNA, like you said you'll be happy when all these repairs/remodeling projects are done. Has your DD gotten her booster yet?
I'm sure you're not getting much guidance from the doctor. My back is slowly improving I think?? It's hard to tell because I'm really babying it so it feels ok until I do something then it flares up so who knows if it's really getting better or I'm just really being cautious. Maybe when this omicron calms down a bit I'll finally go to the dr.

PAT, that's crazy about the grocery store. I'm all for wallowing and reading a book, I do it a lot myself. Well so far my kids are ok *knock wood*. DD doesn't start back at work for another week.
DS said half his students are virtual and half in person. So he's teaching both at the same time while he himself has to be in person. I worry but he seems to be ok with it. It pays to be young I guess. LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga