Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-22, 01:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I tried out another gliding disc workout today (from Fusion Flow + Glow) and liked it! This Full Body Flow is very different from the Sculpt workout, but very good. A slower paced workout with balance and core challenges, while working lower body with gliders. The plank exercise were do-able by using my Fanny Lifter. I loved the graceful (ballerina arms) standing moves the best and it had a very fushion-y flow feel. Jessica's really created some great workouts for this DVD so far!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 06:10 PM  
Leonana

I need to do some stretching this evening, especially shoulders and neck. I'm going to try Jessica's Standing Stretch on You Tube.

Pain has been less, thankfully. Even wearing the old mouth guard is helping immensely. It should be much better once I have the new ones for night and daytime. I think the med might be finally kicking in also.

Pam, I'm so glad you like Jessica's new set! They do sound like excellent workouts.
Old 05-29-22, 08:17 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I have been MIA this weekend.

On Saturday I did a short Pahla B strength workout - from her 5 Pounds Down play list (basically, her 2022 Playlist which is 5 workouts every 4 weeks). I did workout # 2 which was just strength work.

I added on a CS episode from Season 13

Today I did a Lively Ladies - cardio/body weight workout followed by a Pahla B. Active Recovery workout.

I'm happy to be dong some of Pahla's workouts - I think I may be able to do her straight weight workouts (no cardio), her core workouts and her active recovery workouts. I think anything w/ her walking bothers my back. We'll see how it goes.

I'm psyching myself up to start Jessica's rotation tomorrow. The timing is good - in between renovations.

Sherry - that is great news that you are seeing improvement! I hope it continues.

waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I started Jessica's new program - I figured I'd get it in between bathroom renovations.

Today's workout was Total Body 48 from her Total Body Strength Training DVD.
My notes:

- I love the scenery/setting!
- The music was a little quiet, but that is not a bad thing - it helped to hear her cues and be more focused on her form pointers. What i heard, I liked though. I also do tend to turn my volume down when I workout anyway...so that may also have been a factor in the sound
- This is different, to me, from what she has done in the past w/ strength workouts. I felt this was much slower paced - which is not a bad thing at all. For me, many of her other strength workouts move too quickly and can result in injury in attempting to keep up. I have learned over time to just slow everything down to my pace anyway...but it was nice to see her move more slowly and carefully.
- There was adequate time to change weights if you needed to - another benefit to moving slowly.
- Good mix of exercises - options for using different piece of equipment, step, chair, etc.
- The time did fly by for a 48 min workout - so for someone like me, who does not love strength workouts - this was a good thing.
- I went light - I could go up for some exercises in the future.
- She did a number of exercises in a forward leaning posture - but you could definitely stand more upright if that works best for you.

Overall - so far so good! it was low dread and I would do it again.

Hope everyone has a nice day - I have some more home projects to do today and tidying up before the work week starts tomorrow.

Take care!

Donna
Old 05-30-22, 12:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Total Body Strength Training!

Hi Ladies,

Donna, I'm with you on starting Jessica's Strong + Centered rotation today!

I also did the Total Body Strength Training 48 minute Total Body workout and loved it! That Peanut pillow in the chair is adorable, and I teared up in the end when I saw Jessica had dedicated this workout to Peanut! I started with 8 lbs. and changed down to 5 lbs. after those compound moves of squats, curls and presses. Like you, at a later date I will keep the weight needed close by to grab heavier for rows and squats. I used my Fanny Lifter when she did the pushups on the floor, as I wasn't feeling like knocking myself out today. Such a good workout and I liked the music, too! Jessica was her lovely, motivating self and pacing was just right for everything that she did in this workout! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite sets that Jessica has released and I've only done this DVD and the Gliding one, LOL! Beautiful set, great happy vibe, well thought out routines!

April Focus:
Old 05-31-22, 06:51 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Had a busy week and weekend and didn't get a chance to post. I took last week off work and it was so nice. Definitely not long enough. It's back to reality today.

Glad to hear you all like Jessica's new set so far! My DVDs are being delivered tomorrow, so I hope to start then, if they arrive early enough.

Donna, I'm glad to hear the workout you did was at a slower pace. One of the things I didn't care for in some of Jessica's older strength workouts was they moved too fast for me to switch to lighter or heavier weights and I had to pause quite a bit.

Pam, As far as weight, whenever I do a new workout, I start at 5 lbs just so I get familiar with the moves, so I plan to do that this time as well. Glad to hear you also liked the 48 minute workout.

Sherry, It's great you've found a med and some other treatments that seem to be finally giving you some relief!

I have an early meeting so I want to do a quick workout before that and before it gets horribly hot--it's supposed to be in the 90s today. Ugh.
Old 05-31-22, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried out the "5K" DVD and did the interval walk. It was enjoyable! I liked the warm up - it is something that would be good to do before an outdoor walk, too and the cooldown stretch was also very good. I like that these are chaptered separately so you could add them on to another workout or an outdoor walk. The interval walk was pleasant, too, nice setting! I do miss the countdown timer and I do miss having background exercisers. For the weight workouts I don't miss the background exercisers or the countdown clock as much.

Anyway - it was a winner overall! I am going to squeeze the "rise" workout from the stretch DVD in at some point today as well.

I also generally use 5's and 3's when I'm learning a new workout.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Back to work today, I ca get used to being away from work. Must.Retire.

Donna
Old 05-31-22, 03:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk a 5k!

Hi Ladies,

I did the Steady State Walk from Jessica's new walk DVD, as well as the extended warm up and recovery cool down stretch. I'm guessing this was about 45 minutes in length for just the walk by itself and another ten or so minutes for before and after the actual workout. This was a fantastic walk, and I like it better than anything Jessica has done in the past. If only she'd had stopping points for each mile, to break it down more for us when we're short on time. I'd like to be able to choose (mile 1, 2 or 3) or have some kind of counter or clock onscreen. If not that, Jessica could have verbally cued where we were in the workout. Great scenery, nice music, functional workout (as opposed to dance-y) which I'm not always in the mood for. Loved it! I will have to look for chapters, as I'm not sure how to do that, haha. Maybe hitting the skip button on remote? I don't know? Very pleased with this one and some nice variety of movement here, too!

I forgot to add, I also got outside today for a short hike in the woods. The smell of honeysuckle in the air was lovely, but the pollen was out in full force!

April Focus:
Old 06-01-22, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried out Jessica's Flow & Glow - Fusion Flow Sculpt. It was a pleasant surprise as I was not sure at all about the use of the gliders. This one only used one glider and that felt appropriate and safe. She also moved at a moderate pace and I did not feel that it was out of control or an injury waiting to happen. It was, however, tough! A good lower body workout. I normally use 3's for these types of workouts, but I dropped to my 2's b/c I was focusing so much on the lower body and the gliding. This one was a winner for me!

I added on a Jessica Valent - Pilates for Upper Back - my upper back, neck, shoulders, etc. are really tight and sore these days - too much computer work.

Speaking of work - I finally have my official offer letter so I have to tell my boss I'm moving on. I like her, so this is hard, but I also need a change and a better work/life balance, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-01-22, 10:12 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, Congrats on finally getting the offer letter and good luck with telling your boss. It sounds like this new job will be a wise move.

Pam, I read on the other thread on GD that people wish the walking workout was chaptered. I guess I will wear a pedometer when I do that one so I can figure out where the first mile ends, etc. Your hike sounds lovely. The pollen is making me crazy so I've been staying in the past couple of days, but I'd like to get out and walk or ride my bike.

It's great to hear you both like the new Jessica set. It sounds like it's different from her past stuff. I hope mine are delivered early enough today that I can do the first workout. Do the gliders come with it? I don't have any. I guess I can use paper plates for now.

Waves to Sherry!

Tags
tablet