Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-22, 10:39 AM  
horusosiris

Mickey- Sam's Club is quite a shopping experience. We belong and I usually have a plan. Sometimes I go to BJ's and Costco too. I go wherever they are having the best sale on items that we need/want.

Chel- I loved your daughter's attitude about the prom.

Cataddict - those classic Cathe workouts are a blast. I laugh every time I do one. Do you remember Step N' Motion? The music in the classic Cathe workouts is so good! Have you done Step Fit or Step Works yet?

Kitty- any predictions for season 2 of the Gilded Age?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-22, 11:36 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Kitty- any predictions for season 2 of the Gilded Age?
I don't know about predictions, but I want Marian to get together with Larry, hah!!

FN2, SO glad to 'see' you!! Oh, and on the car and not losing control...so it was my husband who was driving my car, THANK GOODNESS because with my car accident PTSD, I totally know I would have jerked the wheel and we'd have gone into the ditch. He gets stuff flung at his car while commuting so often that he doesn't even flinch whereas I overreact every single time like it's hard-wired and I can't help it.

ChelePA, I hope that story doesn't give you even more pause on your return to driving. You're very smart realizing there are both physical and mental aspects to that, but there are also way more resources for help available today than there were many years ago.

Kim, I so hear you on the "experience" of shopping the warehouse places. Costco is the WORST on weekends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-22, 11:45 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… my husband sounds like yours with driving. We probably get our windshield repaired or replaced at least twice per year. The highway he commutes to work is crazy with trucks and rocks flying. I definitely would not have handled that situation well. I do feel overwhelmed at times reading your story or anything that pertains to a possible accident or one that has occurred. Even the million lawyer commercials trigger a response. But it’s part of the process to slowly expose myself to begin the healing.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-22, 03:00 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
H

Watulans, we had such a scare today on the way to the store...a huge truck drove by and kicked a rock up that smashed dead center of my poor lil' car's windshield. I literally ducked because this thing was the size of a potato and coming straight for my head. Scared the begeezus out of me! Glass claim filed...hoping they can fix rather than replace, but we'll see about that. Not fun!
What a scare! Thankfully, you're OK! What an adventure!
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-22, 03:04 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
My daughter decided last minute to go to her semi. It was rescheduled from the fall. She also has prom in a month. She’s such a no-nonsense girl. Borrowed her dress. Doesn’t want her hair or nails done. She’s tagging along with her best friend and boyfriend. She said I don’t mind being the third wheel. Ha ha. There’s actually a whole group that will be at her table and not all of them have dates. This is so out of character for her. She avoids most dances. I think she realized after Covid that she needed a little bit more socialization in her life. Hoping she has fun!
She has a great attitude. It will help that others don't have dates also. Sometimes, it's better to go alone than to be stuck with someone you don't know or appreiciate very much!
Old 04-03-22, 03:27 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Today, I did Caroline's Compound Leg Workout | EPIC Heat - Day 17. I'ts the one I was doing when I was interrupted by the phone but still managed to get major DOMS. Hopefully, this time I was wiser: I used lighter or no weights and afterwards, I did her 20 min. stretch routine. I'll see in the next few days if it works!

Since January, I'm having more hot flashes and it coincides with starting to use Caroline's workouts. I wonder if there's a link between the two but I don't know why it would be so. Maybe the intensity! I'd have to stop doing them for a few weeks and see what happens...

Vvfer: I'm sorry you're having pain but good news that's there's no fracture.

Horusosiris: Bummer about the healing of your hand. I hope the surgeon can help you. I can totally relate to usingit too much, too soon. Glad your Meetup was fun (despite the absence of a bathroom!)

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Hugs and healing vibes to all!
Nathalie
Old 04-03-22, 08:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post

Since January, I'm having more hot flashes and it coincides with starting to use Caroline's workouts. I wonder if there's a link between the two but I don't know why it would be so. Maybe the intensity! I'd have to stop doing them for a few weeks and see what happens...

Nathalie
OMG, Nathalie, would you PLEASE keep me posted on what you find out??? I have terrible ones mostly at night (still peri). My husband said the oddest thing a few years ago, that he thought it had something to do with the intensity of my workouts because this all coincided with taking really intense spin classes/starting back with Cathe after a very long hiatus from anything intense (back issues). I just pooh-poohed him thinking MEN don't understand anything, but in the last year, I've started to wonder if he's right because I am noticing a connection. Don't tell him I said that though, I'll never hear the end of it.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 08:56 AM  
ChelePA

Ladies…I agree my daughter had a wonderful attitude about the dance. She had so much fun so I’m glad she attended. I’m sure you picked up from my post that she has lots of social anxiety. Covid really didn’t help. After many heart-to-heart talks, she has decided to stay home this year and attend a local university. We want to set her up for success and she realized going away this year was not in the cards. Plus I think she was really starting to think about missing Winston. More than her parents. Haha. She loves that dog so much. I tried to stay neutral when we were having these discussions. I wanted to jump for joy when she made her final decision.

South Carolina girls came to play yesterday. UConn never had a chance. I think I’ll be rooting for UNC this evening.

Today I used Cathe’s warm-up, bonus core and extended stretch from Perfect Pump Lower Body with my Peloton rotation. Those workouts included another 10 minutes of core. And it was difficult. Really had my heart rate up. Then 20 minutes of legs and glutes. Mostly bodyweight only but I did utilize 6 pound dumbbells for some of the squats. I finished with a fun treadmill walk. Britney Spears music only.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 01:07 PM  
manleym

Quick pop in to say hi and can't wait to watch the game tonight! It starts about 8:30 our time, so hoping to watch it all. My guess is Kansas, but I didn't realize how good North Carolina is!

Back later to catch up. Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 03:16 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Just realized it’s been a month today since I used my cane and shower bench. I know you ladies understand how much that means to me. Continuing to make progress New month. New goals.
WOOT!! WOOT!! That is FANTASTIC news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Watulans, we had such a scare today on the way to the store...a huge truck drove by and kicked a rock up that smashed dead center of my poor lil' car's windshield. I literally ducked because this thing was the size of a potato and coming straight for my head. Scared the begeezus out of me! Glass claim filed...hoping they can fix rather than replace, but we'll see about that. Not fun!
How absolutely terrifying! Glad your hubby was driving and he "knew what to do". That is so scary and so unexpected! Glad ya'll are ok and the worst part is a broken windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I was very nervous throughout the whole Duke game. I think I was the only one who thought UNC had a good chance. They have looked so good in all their games. They will have their hands full with Kansas!
Are you rootin' for UNC tonight? So bummed that we couldn't watch the final 4 (no cable, direct TV, etc.) but hubby found a way to get 3 hours free so we saved it for tonight. Hope it's nail biting, last minute buzzer good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
We recently joined Sam’s Club so went there yesterday. It was an experience. The parking lot was a zoo but the store is so large that it didn’t seem too frantic inside. We will be better prepared next time we go.
We used to have a Sam's membership but let it go. Costco around here is ALWAYS busy. Even their gas lines were backed up on Saturday as we drove by. My niece (and others I know) LOVE Costco but for hubby and I, it isn't worth the crowds. Hope you found some good things. A friend bought some shirts there recently that she absolutely loves. Thing I remember about Sam's - if you see something you like, you'd better get it because it probably won't be there the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Since January, I'm having more hot flashes and it coincides with starting to use Caroline's workouts. I wonder if there's a link between the two but I don't know why it would be so. Maybe the intensity! I'd have to stop doing them for a few weeks and see what happens.
Thanks for all the info about Caroline's new series and the new Downton Abbey movie! You were a source of wonderful information! Sorry to hear about your hot flashes. When I was going through the pause (why can't it be menoSTOP!!!) I had HORRIBLE night sweats and insomnia. I might have had hot flashes too, but the night sweats and insomnia were the absolute WORST. Hope you find some relief.

Quote:
Ladies…I agree my daughter had a wonderful attitude about the dance. She had so much fun so I’m glad she attended. I’m sure you picked up from my post that she has lots of social anxiety. Covid really didn’t help. After many heart-to-heart talks, she has decided to stay home this year and attend a local university. We want to set her up for success and she realized going away this year was not in the cards. Plus I think she was really starting to think about missing Winston. More than her parents. Haha. She loves that dog so much. I tried to stay neutral when we were having these discussions. I wanted to jump for joy when she made her final decision.
So glad your daughter had a great time at the dance. Good for her for going! I know it was so hard for you to remain neutral as she processed and decided to stay home. But I also know you were doing the Happy Dance BIG TIME she made her decision to stay home. Happy for your mama heart.

Bee I'm starting Caroline's IRON series today. I wasn't going to since I've been doing some new-to-me dvds, but I just can't stay away! Really, the selling point for me is the length of the workouts. I think they're all around 30 minutes, which makes them perfect for Mondays and Wednesdays since I only have about 40 min max to workout. Or I can use them as doubles.

Horusosiris no HBO for us so we'll be missing out on the Gilded Age. Bummer because we love period pieces. Thanks for the Mark Lauren recommendations. I did Mobility RX yesterday and all of the YAYOG 2 Novice workouts. REALLY LIKE THEM!!!

Hugs and waves to KateTT, VVFer, FOLVS. Hubby and I caught up with some friends we haven't seen in a long time last night over dinner and I was telling her about this group and how great all of you are. Told her what I like most about our group is the fact that it's about more than just workouts. Our group is about life and relationships. BIG VIRTUAL HUG EVERYONE!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in