Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-21, 09:56 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
How long are these on average? Less than an hour? I haven't done a Heather workout in a while (I was alternating her with growingannanas and got burned out on their music) but I did like the exercises and it would mix up my routine.
The Fierce workouts range from 35 to 50 minutes and that includes WU and CD. My arms are so sore from Monday's workout. Edited to add when she says 40 seconds of work, 20 seconds of rest or 40 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest there is no extra chit chat or down time. The workouts move so a lot is done in under an hour.
Old 12-29-21, 10:09 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Did you find her Epic program balanced? When I look at the rotation, the weeks seem unbalanced but I haven't done the workouts so maybe the moves hit each body part.
I think Epic is balanced. Some of the workouts are compound moves so you worked out other muscles eventhough your primary muscle gets the most attention. I think CG doesn't think you need to work your arms exclusively every week. They get hit as a secondary/assisting muscles. She loves shoulders (she uses 2x15 kg for presses! That's >30lbs in one arm!). She's definitely ripped!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 11:15 AM  
gigi

I just completed Day 3, Chest & Back. I usually go heavier on chest and back and did a bit heavier in one set of some of the exercises but I could not maintain heavier weights in this workout. I was very much thinking about form and squeezing the appropriate muscles and got a great workout. I liked the format of 40 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest but sometimes I needed more rest. It's two circuits where you complete 3 sets of one exercise followed by one set of a body weight exercise alternating chest and back. You have a 30 second break before you start circuit 2.
Old 12-29-21, 02:59 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Since this is a down week for CG before Epic 4 starts, I decided to do a week of HR’s Fierce workouts to compare. I figured I’d just do the second week so last night I did her Back and Arms workout. It was very easy to lift heavier when I wanted to. Nice slow pace and traditional strength training with a few moves that were interesting variations on typical exercises. I liked it.

The main difference between HR and CG that I noticed is warmups. CG doesn’t usually include one. She usually films one warmup and you can do it before every Epic workout if you want to. Also, CG always takes Thursday and Saturday off. She will recommend using one of those days for stretching but she doesn’t include a workout each week for that purpose. She does have a 20 minute stretch routine that she will link in her workouts as an additional workout add-on. HR does give you a routine every day during her Fierce 14. That is helpful if you don’t want to think about what to do (or pick from a library of DVDs which takes me forever to decide LOL). However I also like the freedom that two days a week I can do my own thing as I do get tired of looking at the same person and doing the same types of workouts. I like having one day as a free day to do whatever workout style I want and still have a rest day/stretch/mobility day.

I also am so grateful that these personal trainers have put out their talents on YouTube for free (although I know the really popular ones are still making money there with ads which is a win win all the way around). It is the one positive that has come out of Covid that I hope stays.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 09:07 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Since this is a down week for CG before Epic 4 starts, I decided to do a week of HR’s Fierce workouts to compare. I figured I’d just do the second week so last night I did her Back and Arms workout. It was very easy to lift heavier when I wanted to. Nice slow pace and traditional strength training with a few moves that were interesting variations on typical exercises. I liked it.

The main difference between HR and CG that I noticed is warmups. CG doesn’t usually include one. She usually films one warmup and you can do it before every Epic workout if you want to. Also, CG always takes Thursday and Saturday off. She will recommend using one of those days for stretching but she doesn’t include a workout each week for that purpose. She does have a 20 minute stretch routine that she will link in her workouts as an additional workout add-on. HR does give you a routine every day during her Fierce 14. That is helpful if you don’t want to think about what to do (or pick from a library of DVDs which takes me forever to decide LOL). However I also like the freedom that two days a week I can do my own thing as I do get tired of looking at the same person and doing the same types of workouts. I like having one day as a free day to do whatever workout style I want and still have a rest day/stretch/mobility day.

I also am so grateful that these personal trainers have put out their talents on YouTube for free (although I know the really popular ones are still making money there with ads which is a win win all the way around). It is the one positive that has come out of Covid that I hope stays.
Thank you for the comparison. I couldn't agree more this being a positive outcome from COVID. I feel CDorner Fitness is a prime example of this! I meant free to me...LOL!

I like knowing that CG has two days off. I would probably start her rotation so I ended up with a Friday and Sunday off. Friday I would take off and Sunday I would probably work on some straight up cardio.

I think if I did Fierce again, I would do Day 3 first (Chest and Back) to see if I could go heavier. My bi's and tri's are still so sore from Monday's workout that it effected how heavy I was able to go today. I too enjoy the controlled pace and mostly traditional weight lifting. Under an hour is a plus too!
Old 12-30-21, 08:03 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I think if I did Fierce again, I would do Day 3 first (Chest and Back) to see if I could go heavier. My bi's and tri's are still so sore from Monday's workout that it effected how heavy I was able to go today.
Great idea I hope to remember when I do Fierce.
Old 12-30-21, 10:38 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:

I like knowing that CG has two days off. I would probably start her rotation so I ended up with a Friday and Sunday off. Friday I would take off and Sunday I would probably work on some straight up cardio.
CG has the this setup:
Sunday: HiiT
Friday: Full Body
Thursday and Saturday: Active recovery.
Old 12-30-21, 12:37 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
CG has the this setup:
Sunday: HiiT
Friday: Full Body
Thursday and Saturday: Active recovery.
Right, so I would start the rotation so my active recovery days ended up falling on a Friday and Sunday. I'm used to resting on Friday but I it's not "necessary" that this is a rest day. I just like to plop on the couch after a long week!

At this time, I plan to finish the first week of Fierce and start the new HR12Week2.0 plan on January 3rd. I wish I had found Fierce earlier but I want to be part of the group and do the new program from the start for a little motivation in the new year! She has two active rest days built in to the program (W and Sun). I'm thinking CS or a cardio workout. One day will most likely be a full rest day for me.

I also feel the need to say this because it does drive me nuts. What Heather calls a push press is more of a squat press. That's o.k. I just needed to say it. LOL!
Old 12-31-21, 10:25 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:

I also feel the need to say this because it does drive me nuts. What Heather calls a push press is more of a squat press. That's o.k. I just needed to say it. LOL!
Same here!
Old 12-31-21, 10:27 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:

I think if I did Fierce again, I would do Day 3 first (Chest and Back) to see if I could go heavier. My bi's and tri's are still so sore from Monday's workout that it effected how heavy I was able to go today. I too enjoy the controlled pace and mostly traditional weight lifting. Under an hour is a plus too!
This is a prime example of assisting muscles get worked on. If you switch, you might be a bit sore on the tris on arms day. But all is good! Muscle confusion.

Tags
heather robertson