Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-25-21, 11:08 AM  
bex

Yesterday I did Day 28 Glutes, Hamstrings & Back.
As often happens, around 35% I thought there was no way I could make it through the whole workout.

But then Caroline often moves on to another body part, and then I find it’s all already halfway, and then somehow the rest just gets done.

In this case it was moving on the from Bulgarian split lunges. I’m so glad I watched to instructional videos on YouTube on how to do them with good form. I can see I’ve got some work to do but I have the foundations.

Both the warmup and stretch came from Mr & Mrs Muscle lower body, plus some extra back stretches for all the deadlifts.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:23 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 43 Quads and Lower Abs. Didn't hate it which is high praise, I may have even liked it. Used 20lbs for leg work and modified less for the ab work. Could I be getting stronger?
Old 02-28-21, 07:45 AM  
bex

After a few days of cardio only and then a day off from reaction to the shingles vaccine, got back into it with Day 29 Isometric Dumbbell Full Body.

This was no joke, many of the isometric holds got to me but Caroline keeps it moving and I just jumped back in whenever I could.

I still do only 1/2 the weight Caroline does, but I have to believe that I'm getting stronger.

Warmed up with Mr & Mrs Muscle Full Body followed by Caroline's 10 min Full Body Low Impact (from Epic 2).

Rewarded myself for making it through with my favorite Growingannanas stretch - the one with her and her friend at the lake.
Old 02-28-21, 07:55 AM  
bex

Hey everyone - I've started a new thread for March.

Come join us over there.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...18#post2914218
Old 02-28-21, 09:05 AM  
ChelePA

I bruised my side in a freaky way with a foam roller (can you say klutz) so I've been taking it somewhat easier this past week.

So on that note...I started off with a Growing Annanas workout and about 15 minutes in realized that the second half had too much core/ab work which hurts my side. The beginning was mostly leg work with some planks. I decided to try Caroline Girvan's Beginner Lower Body Workout with no equipment. It's funny because many of the moves were similar to Anna. With Anna you work 50 sec, 10 sec off and Caroline was 45 sec, 15 sec rest. The difference of 10 seconds really makes a difference for me which sounds crazy. Going deep into some of the moves like Caroline had my legs trembling. There were a few exercises that were easier for me. But overall, I worked up a nice sweat with body weight only. I finished with Kat's 20 minute rebounder workout. It's always a fun way to end a session.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 10:05 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 49 BW Full Body and stretch. Nothing not to like here. It's legs, arms, core and stretch. Nothing crazy. The stretch was relaxing although not my favorite. Tuesday I have Day 50 an hour of HIIT before finishing this program during the week. Beginner EPIC is calling to me for the following week. Still Caroline, still lighter than I have been doing.
Old 03-01-21, 02:00 AM  
bex

Congratulations buffmama! The finish line is in sight!

Please post about your triumph in the new thread for March, which I've titled YouTube Stars - Caroline/Heather/GrowingAnnanas +++

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230509
Old 03-01-21, 04:58 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC Day 49 BW Full Body and stretch. Nothing not to like here. It's legs, arms, core and stretch. Nothing crazy. The stretch was relaxing although not my favorite. Tuesday I have Day 50 an hour of HIIT before finishing this program during the week. Beginner EPIC is calling to me for the following week. Still Caroline, still lighter than I have been doing.
This one sounds right up my alley. I really enjoy her body weight only classes. Putting it on the schedule for this week. Let us know about the HITT class. An hour scares me with Caroline. Ha ha.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle