Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-20, 05:44 AM  
ncl

What is you holiday workout plan?

Just curious. I need inspiration!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 07:42 AM  
Tugger31

I'm taking it day by day, but I'm definitely doing this walk. It's from last year, but still a goodie!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3TMBWd0ZUk
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 08:13 AM  
fanofladyvols

interesting question!

I'm planning on staggering my cooking as much as possible so I can just stay on track with what I have been doing (X factor/Ruthless/T25 rotation. )

But...I'm fully prepared for the cooking/cleaning marathon to have me doing what I did at Thanksgiving. (classical stretch and gentle pilates. )

Are you wanting to change things up from your routine?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 11:54 AM  
ncl

I did a Cathe Live this morning the most recent addition cardio kickbox bootcamp 2 but no plan has emerged.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 01:25 PM  
kat999

I have a little rotation I am doing deliberately between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, and then because the holidays are so different/weird/less travel-y than in normal years, one gift I'm giving to myself is to spend part of Christmas doing a big evaluation of my fitness goals for 2021. For the foreseeable future, I'm still going to be working from home through at least May, so I want to create a plan that is pretty aggressive yet without a dread factor.

My rotation until Christmas includes days of the week dedicated to AWT (FIRM or Jari Love), HIIT (Jillian Michaels or FIRM Express), Jane Fonda, indoor walking (Leslie or Jessica), and then Sundays I'm alternating between Pilates, barre, fusion, and yoga. In a little under four weeks, I've managed to lose 6% of the pounds I wanted to to reach my ultimately weight loss goal with this rotation.

Last edited by kat999; 12-21-20 at 01:25 PM. Reason: verb tense error
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 01:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I don't know if this will help you or not, but maybe..... I need some amount of structure to help me figure out what to do, but I don't necessarily want too much planning -- I like to be a big spontaneous, so I created this framework to help me pick workouts:

Sunday Sloggin' (some really tough workout)
Mellow Monday (yoga)
Two Tuesday (any two workouts)
Kickbox Wednesday (just because)
Throwback Thursday (early Cathe, original Firms, etc)
Fun Friday
Surprise Saturday (which might be a rest day)
Old 12-21-20, 02:24 PM  
alisoncooks

Not a darn thing, lol.

I've been feeling pretty blah and haven't worked out since November. I tend to see this as an annual cycle and blame it on the holidays...but after some thought, I think it's more closely tied to the changing of the clocks. Even though we "gained" an hour, I consistently crash (big time) after the fall time change. And, looking at years past, I seem to dust myself off after Christmas/New Year and pick up again.

So....a bit off topic, but my plan is to roll with it. Accept that it's my natural rhythm and just carry on. A pre-approved break.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 05:13 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I don't know if this will help you or not, but maybe..... I need some amount of structure to help me figure out what to do, but I don't necessarily want too much planning -- I like to be a big spontaneous, so I created this framework to help me pick workouts:

Sunday Sloggin' (some really tough workout)
Mellow Monday (yoga)
Two Tuesday (any two workouts)
Kickbox Wednesday (just because)
Throwback Thursday (early Cathe, original Firms, etc)
Fun Friday
Surprise Saturday (which might be a rest day)
I LOVE THIS! I might steal it for my post-holiday rotation.
Old 12-21-20, 05:38 PM  
Leonana

What I usually do, which is strength on MWF, cardio on TThSat, and stretch on Sunday. Although, I usually am not good at doing the stretch. I need to work on that!
Old 12-21-20, 05:59 PM  
DCW

The change in time affects me a lot. I can barely hang on 3 hours after sundown. PreCovid I took an 8 pm boot camp class 2x a week which helped so much.

I am planning on Essentrics in the morning, walking mid day, weights in the evening topping it off with a short stretchy Essentrics.

We are starting to gain more daylight minute by minute soon. That cheers me up!!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout plan