Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-19, 09:44 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~OCTOBER 2019~*Everyone Welcome!*

October, 2019

This month I will be doing my own thing....going through some dust bunnies and new-to-me workouts. Maybe some will be scary, who knows? Love it!

1 - Mow Max/Yard Work (1.5 hours)
2 - Slim Series Mix It Up (with my music) Love how I can just veg out while doing these SS workouts...and the volume is low enough to not hear the breathing! Today was the first day, however, to not feel the almost intolerable quad DOMS from Monday's workout!!! Jeesh.
3 - Karen's Pilates Core Power I needed a good feel-good workout and this is the one I can always go to.
4 - Just some stretching
5 - Workout Blender: Metabolic Supercuts (21 min.); W/O Blender: ICE CLLB/CUB Circuit (46 min.) Met. Supercuts consisted of excerpts from XT Supercuts, ICE Met TB, LITE Met. Blast, RwH, & FSplit---very fun! The ICE Circuit included CLLB cardio alternated with CUB Upper Body exercises to form a VERY FUN metabolic workout! Doing both clocked in around an hour - perfect!

Slim Series/Yoga30for30/UY Week
6 - Yoga30For30 Balance; UY Balance Ok, doing these two back to back, was my "scary challenge" for the week, LOL! Some of my balance poses were, indeed, scary!! UY just never gets any easier. This has prompted me to do a week of Slim Series mixed with UY or Yoga30for30....all of which are pretty much dust bunnies....
7 - Slim Series Tear It Up This one clocks in at 78 min. Even though it's long, I love the format....Debbie burns out the upper body with SO many reps(!) for each body part then burns out the lower body with SO many reps(!), then repeat, so upper gets a rest and lower gets a rest. I used 8's for the upper and 15's for the lower; (pull downs for some of the shoulder work), and bands are used. There were a few that I thought I just can't do anymore (esp. w/ the 15's), but then I pull through. You think in there somewhere she would do more chest work but there isn't much, just some standing chest presses. I was totally done to add any on! Listening to my own music is what makes these doable for me; plus I can somewhat veg out during these (but still attentive to good form); plus Kevin isn't anywhere around in this one! :0)
8 - Karen's Yoga Sculpt/Mow Max - 1.5 hours of yard work
9 - Slim Series Tone It Up (first 30 min.) I had to take my parents to an early appt., so this is all I had time for. (Still long enough to give me awful shoulder DOMS on the 10th!). Jeesh!
10- KCM 30MTF TLC (Workout 1; Boxing Combos); Slim Series Tone It Up (last half; stretch) Well, they say 3rd time's a charm and it turned out to be for me and TLC! Acquired for the 3rd time , I now know from having several of her other w/o's, not to watch Kelly's form (esp. on punches. I can't tell if she's doing a punch or a hook ), and followed Sammy mostly and this was actually FUN for me! And yay, there's only ONE combo she doesn't finish but is easy to finish it! (big pet peeve of mine). This was perfect since I didn't want to jump (b/c of darn allergies or a nasty cold, can't figure out which). I've been down and out these past few days. It felt so good to do SOME cardio even though it wasn't intense. And doing only 1/2 of TIU was great which consisted of chest work/lower body work using my light FW band in place of ankle weights. This does have some awesome lower body work (inner thighs) in this...like it better than the (wayyy overuse) of shoulder work in the first 1/2. Great workout but didn't seem taxing at all to me and it gave me LOADS of energy compared to yesterday. I am feeling better today. :0)
11- Rest day
12- My w/u; W/O Blender: LITE Rev'd Up Rumble (Calorie Crush); LITE Met. Blast (Calorie Crush); UY Vitality - 45 min. (minus 1st w/u series) It felt so good to do some cardio and sweat! I'm feeling better these last couple days...not great, but better, thanks Jane!

13- Five Parks Yoga (No Frills 20 min. Morning Yoga Class)
14- Cathe Live PHA + Cardio Blasts #238 (60 min); Washed windows outside (inside were still clean) I had to do something known to me for being FUN to get me motivated (PHA). Felt so good!!!!
15- Rest day (just no time to even get in a stretch!)
16- Workout Blender: LITELY Strong Body Stacked Sets (40 min.); XTrain (Bonus Core 1); lower body stretch on my own This blended workout (by a Cathlete) consists of one set of all Lower Body exercises followed by one set of all Upper body exercises. LOVED this combo! I could go heavier since there was only one set...I used 12's & 15's on up to 30 (doing pull-downs for most of the shoulder work). I wish Cathe included a premix like this on the dvd....at least I couldn't see one? Burned 324 cal after the core and stretch which were add-ons of mine. One of my favorite blended workouts! ETA: Mow Max 45 min. After a few strips, I went in and got a head wrap...it was so cold on my ears!! And I didn't do my usual blowing off driveway/patio....it was just too cold and I just wanted to get back inside. I couldn't wait for a nicer day this week; I had to do it when I had the time! Jeesh...crazy weather!
17- Heather Robertson HiiT Booty Bootcamp//Butt & Glute Activation w/o (29 min.); Workout Blender: Inner Thighs Burnout Under 40 min. Heather's first triset consisted of glute activation exercises using the stretchy band around thighs. Next triset consisted of weighted leg work then last triset consisted of plyo leg work = 30 min. AWESOME! But I do have to watch for equal reps on each leg and finish out the reps sometimes after the bell. Hate that she can't just finish out the sequence! But overall, I love the laid-back vibe and music! Cathe's was so fun - exercises taken from Lower Body Blast, RwH LIHI Legs, STS, Muscle Max, ICE Chiseled LBB, S&S BC, RwH CLB, & Push/Pull. Great stuff for inner thighs!! I did have to skip some step ups on step to keep it at an hour, as I was running out of time. FUN Leg day!
18- Gentle Yin Yoga Full Class of 2015 - Michelle; 40 min.)
19- Workout Blender (Metabolic Mayhem - 35 min.); Yvette Bachman High Intensity Step Cardio Class (sans w/u = 48 min.); extra stretch This was a great 'metabolic mayhem' combo!! I didn't even do the last half of MM, so skipping RwH CUB, it consisted of metabolic exercises from S&S BC, TTM, CF, & Athletic Training...lots of squat presses!! So, as an afterthought, I started Yvette's class....wow, this one really packs a punch at the beginning (and gets a little tiny bit easier as you go). It is an athletic step workout that is all cardio (now this is MY kind of step cardio that I love!). It was so much fun and using a 6" step, I got a great workout! There is a lot of jumping up/down off the step which I just step up/down w/ one foot, and for the jump rope segment, I followed Yvette on my rebounder. At one point, sitting on the step (during a core exercise), I noticed my wheezing(!)...still allergy issues looming. So, that made my workout scary you might say! Burned 755 calories when all said and done! I know I won't get in a birthday workout tomorrow, so this is it, haha. Feel great with all the extra cardio!!!

20- Rest day
21- Cathe Live You Can Do Anything For A Minute #98 (50 min.); stretch First time for this one - it was FANTASTIC!!! I would consider this a butt-kicker even if I wasn't in dire allergy straits!!! Cathe does random exercises with no rhyme or reason of cardio, metabolic, and weighted exercises that got my HR up for quite a lot of the workout. I used an 8" step, 5's - 15's (for D/L's) and about died!! This might not have been the best choice when I can't breathe the best, LOL. 400 calories on the nose bit the dust as I needed a good calorie burn from non-stop eating this weekend!! Another D/L to purchase for sure - four hearts!!
22- Hilliard Studio Method (Beautiful Bride - UB & LB - 10 min.); Vytas' DYP (Short & Sweet 1) Thought I would acquire a HSM in a trade to see what these are about....the instructors will take a little getting used to! They are very energetic and annoying, LOL, first thing in the morning. I could only stand 10 min. and needed a subdued instructor...Vytas anyone? ;-) Ahh, much better. The mom & DD look fantastic - legs that go on for 10 miles(!) but this may be too barre-ish for me (which I knew but wanted to see just how barre-ish it is!)
23- Cathe Live Total Body Giants 2 (43 min., no core/stretch); HSM Beautiful Bride (Plank & P/u's); Cathe's LITE Extended Stretch #2 TBG didn't freeze on me, yay! Added it to my D/L list (I bought #3 but not the other two, may have to get them all!). What a muscle fryer...Just love these classes! HSM P&P....hmmm, tough stuff that includes no breaks! Should have stuck w/ Cathe - at least she includes breaks in her core segment!). And it seemed it was a TAD more laid back (the daughter instructs this one), but then she gets annoying as she goes w/ all the "down the aisle" talk. Been there, done that, whether a bride or a mother of the bride, LMAO! 2 strikes so far.... Extended Stretch was welcomed at that point. Later, Mow Max/yard work...(2 hours - got a good start on cutting back plants).
24- Workout Blender: Low Impact Mixup; Boho Beautiful 18 min. class The blender workout was fun and consisted of X-10 Low Impact segment and XTrain AOLIH...perfect for a low impact cardio session. I can't remember what title the BB yoga class had now...
25- Rest day (I thought of doing something in the afternoon, but the thought quickly was replaced by watching Amazon Prime). :0) I was once going to do something I wanted to do!
26- 3.30 mile TM intervals (sans w/u & c/d, 4.7 mph - 6.7 mph intervals); Stretch The TM has such a dread but once I get going, I'm good and want to keep going; it's just that initial 10 min.... ;0) But it's much better wearing a sports bra and shorts as opposed to layers upon layers!

27- X-10 (w/u); Katami 4 x 4 (I am Warrior 2); DYP Gentle Balance Flow . ASAS's 4 x 4 rotation made me want to pull out one again and I did my favorite of the set. Nothing easy about this one! I started out following High Intensity Guy but toward the end I was following Paul (the Medium Intensity version). :0) These are so great to have different intensities to follow depending upon your energy level. Great, great workout!! Thanks, ASAS, for giving me that nudge to revisit this! I was only intending to do some of Vytas' class but it felt so great that I stuck it out for the entire hour. (My inner thighs are sore from the TM yesterday, so this felt heavenly!).
28- Cathe Live Smokin' Upper Body Blast #111 My first D/L and it worked BETTER than I could have imagined, LOL! Very appropriately titled, this is one of my favs!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one; weighted Upper Body exercises alternated with cardio blasts. So easy to make it my own by substituting some cardio on my rebounder if I don't like the blast she does; and I can change up the weighted exercise by doing something I like better...i.e. changed up the running forward/back very quickly using the mat with various jumps on the rebounder. Or changing up the gazillions of p/u's (reg and tricep) with chest flyes, chest presses, and pullovers. 337 calorie burn in 52 min. Gotta love it! But I am so ready for that rest day...two butt kickers in a row is hard on this ol' lady!! LOLOLOL! This, in itself, is SCARY, to admit this, haha!
29- Rest day
30- Great Glutes (no floor work premix); Yoga30For30 (Flow & Stretch) Last time I did this Cathe workout was in 2017!!!! It is a goodie - love the disc work for the legs. I always choose the no floor work premix, though -- hydrants be gone! LOL F&S seemed nice today but I disagree with Travis...he says this practice he would take on a deserted island since it has a great flow and a great stretch. I like the flow but it's definitely not my favorite stretch (for my knees)....lots of hero poses on each leg...ouch!
31- Barry's Boot Camp (Nadia's Treadmill Workout); Boho Beautiful Yogalates Pilates Yoga Fusion; 30 Min. Shovel Max (ugh!) I remembered these BBC's being the toughest workouts in my collection and it deemed to be pretty scary today! Following Nadia's TM speeds pretty much (although somewhat lower), I did do 9.0 twice & 12 incline which is crazy for me! Also some sideway walking - more craziness!! Glad this month is over, haha! LOVED the Boho class--that's the way I like my pilates - mixed with yoga. :0) Shovel Max was more like Scraping Mix, but I did want my driveway/sidewalks cleared for the trick-or-treaters. We ended up with 3".

Great job on all the SCARY workouts this month (and to Jane for instigating it!) :0)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 10:46 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Octubre - October - Octobre

Katami 4x4:

Week 1

30- K4x4: I am Change 1 (virgin) + XTFMax: Stretch (virgin). Great workout! I was a sweaty mess by the end, I found it challenging, I used my Beleboom Balance Trainer for the squat jums, plank and hour glass exercises. The stretch was also good, each pose was hold for like 40 seconds or so, I really enjoyed both.
01- DOTI: Cardio Hip Hop (virgin) + K4×4/Repair: Rope. CHH was super fun and sweaty, I loved it!
02- K4x4: I Am Change 2 (virgin) + XTFMax: Stretch. I loved it! I used my Beleboom BT for v-ups, burpees, push ups and side planks. Great workout!
03- Lastics.
04- K4x4: I am Change 1 + XTFMax: Stretch. I used my Beleboom again for the squat jums, plank and hour glass exercises, I also used it for the lunges this time. I was able to do 20 push ups from my toes without break in one minute (first time, yay!), second round had to take a couple of breather and managed to do 17, last week I did 15 and 16 without stopping.
05- DOTI: Latin Cardio Party (YouTube) + XTFMax: Stretch. LCP was fun, but I felt it was off beat at times, or it was me lol, I still enjoy it.
06- Rest day.

Week 2

07- K4x4: I Am Change 2 + FeFit: Stretch Flow 1.
08- DOTI: Dance It Off Ballroom (virgin) + Rejuvenation: Stretch & Flex. Fun workout!
09- K4x4: I Am Change 1 + FeFit: Stretch Flow 1. I was able to increase reps for everything, including push ups, I did 22 the first round and 19 for the second, and without breaks, yay!
10- Rest day.
11- DOTI: Hip Hop Party (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber. HHP was fun, but I liked Cardio Hip Hop more, better hip hop choreography and a bit more challenging.
12- K4x4: I Am Change 2 + JNL: Fusion Stretch.
13- P90X: Stretch (virgin). Good, but there was a lot of up and down, I don't know why he didn't do all standing stretches together, then all floor.

Week 3

14- K4x4: I Am Athlete 1 (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber. Great workout, fun and sweaty. I used my weighted vest and balance trainer for some of the exercises.
15- DOTI: Country Line Dance (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber. Fun workout, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
16- K4x4: I Am Athlete 2 (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber.
17- DOTI: Country Line Dance + JNL: Fusion Stretch.
18- K4x4: I Am Athlete 1 + JNL: Fusion Stretch.
19- DOTI: Country Line Dance Party (virgin) + XTFMAX: Stretch. CLDP was fun!
20- Rest day.

Week 4

21- K4x4: I Am Athlete 2 + JNL: Fusion Stretch.
22- Zumba 101: Dance, Dance, Dance!
23- K4x4: I Am Athlete 1 + Si6: Slim & Limber.
24- Rest day.
25- K4x4: I Am Athlete 2 + Si6: Slim & Limber.
26- Karine Larose's Danse et Brûle (virgin). Nice discovery from a local instructor, great energy, and super fun! The workout consisted of Hip Hop for warm up, next segment was African dance, next Bollywood, next Charleston and then cool down stretch, all around 35 minutes. She has a bunch of DVDs under "30 Minute par jour pour Vivre Plus" (30 Minute each day to Live Longer), bootcamp, toning, spinning, dance, circuit, etc.
27- Nancy Marmorat's Le Stretching.

Week 5

28- K4x4: I Am Warrior 1 (virgin) + Si6: Slim & Limber. Tough workout, I used my kb for swings and goblet squats.
29- DOTI: Hip Hop Body Blast (virgin) + PIU#1: Chill Cool Down Stretch. HHBB was fun.
30- K4x4: I Am Warrior 2 (virgin) + JNL: Fusion Stretch. All I have to say... Warrior phase is no joke!
31- Rest day.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 10:46 AM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 12:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

My favorite month! The plan for the month - basically walking and pilates.

1 Dog Walk - 40 minutes; Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs; Pilates By Lisa - Just 5 Minutes More Stretch with the Band
2 Pilates Nest - Total Body Toning with Weights - 30 minutes; Dog Walk - 15 minutes
3 Dog Walk - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Arms & Abs - 15 minutes; Ellen Barrett - Sunrise Stretch - 20 minutes
4 2 Dog Walks - 40 minutes; Stationary Bike - 30 minutes
5 Dog Walk - 40 minutes; Cathe - Fit Tower - Slim & Trim (Beginner Workout) - 35 minutes; Dog Walk - 35 minutes
6 Dog Walk - 40 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Self Love - 35 minutes
7 Dog Walk - 50 minutes; Pilates Nest - Movement Medicine - 30 minutes
8 Cathe - Fit Tower - Long & Strong (Intermediate Workout - 35 minutes; Dog Walk - 20 minutes
9 Cathe - LITE: Cardio Party - Timesaver #7 - 25 minutes; Cathe - Total Body Stretching #1 - 13 minutes
10 Pilates Nest - Stand & Shine - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant - Exercises for Knee Pain - 20 minutes & Desk Exercises at Work - 8 minutes
11 Knee Exercises - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Balance & Flexibility Ball Workout - 25 minutes
12 Knee Exercises - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Glutes & Hips - 10 minutes
13 Bike - 20 minutes; Knee Exercises - 20 minutes; Feeling Pretty Remarkable: The Knee Program - Level 1 - 15 minutes
14 Pilates Nest - Movement Medicine - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant - Knee Pain Exercises - 15 minutes
15 Pilates Nest - Neck Friendly Full Body Pilates - 15 minutes & Pilates Strong Arms with Weights - 15 minutes; Knee Exercises - 15 minutes
16 Bike - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Feel Good Pilates - 30 minutes
17 Pilates Nest - Pilates for Spine and Back Health - 15 minutes; 30 Day Posture Makeover - Week One, Day One - 5 - 10 minutes
18 Rest Day
19 Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hips - 15 minutes & PNMC - Stretch & Calm - 15 minutes
20 Mari Winsor - SuperFast Body Blast - 22 minutes; 10 Minute Solution Tighten and Tone Pilates - Long & Lean Stretch
21 Mari Winsor - Absession - 22 minutes
22 Pilates Nest - Tone & Open Band Workout - 30 minutes
23 Pilates Nest - Strengthen & Sculpt Upper Body Workout - 12 minutes & Restorative Pilates - 15 minutes
24 Jane Fonda - Trim Tone & Flex: Upper Body - 23 minutes
25 Barre3 - 30 Minute Strengthening Workout with Christa Joy
26 Pilates Nest - Joint Gentle Classical Pilates Workout - 30 minutes
27 My Curves on Demand - Walk It Off - 33 minutes
28 My Curves on Demand - Total Body Boxing - 33 minutes; Pilates Nest - Thighs & Booty - 15 minutes
29 Bar Method - Toning Up - 33 minutes
30 Bar Method - Beginner Burn - 45 minutes
31 Pilates Nest - Pilates for Upper Back Relief & 10 Minute Pilates for Legs

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 01:14 PM  
donnamp

October

1 - Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Travel; walk at work for errands; Jessica Valent - Arms and Abs Pilates
2 - Jessica Valent - Kettlebell HIIT; Gina B - 2000 steps in 20 min; YwA - Crow
3- Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards - Bone Strengthening; walk at work
4 - Jessica Valent - Leg Power Workout; Pilates for Scoliosis
5 - Jenny Ford - Step Across America Mt. Rushmore, Jessica Smith 12 Min Low Impact Cardio Blast; Jessica Smith - Fusion Fix -15 min practice
6 - Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Stability & Mobility Practice
7 - Jenny Ford - March Across America - Zion; walk at work, YwA - yoga for hips, lower back, hamstrings
8 - Ellen -Power Fusion (standing); walk at work, Ellen Power Fusion - Floor, Jessica Valent - Twist & Shout Pilates (half)
9 - BellyFit TV Episode 1
10- Unshaken Yoga - Fruit of the Spirit Beginner practice
11 - Jessica Valent - Lift those Buns Pilates Routine, Pilates for Outer Thighs, and Journey to the 100; short walk at work
12 - Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Chicago; Trifecta Pilates - Ankle Weight Workout; Jessica Valent - Neck Pain routine
13 - Pahla B- Low Impact Met Con; Trifecta Pilates Morning stretches
14 - Jessica Smith - 20 Min barre Workout (You Tube), Trifecta Pilates -Neutral Spine; walk at work
15 - Jessica Smith - 30 min steady state cardio (Fall Into Fitness Day 2 - You Tube); walk at work, Jessica Valent - seated arm workout
16 - Jessica Smith - 20 min back friendly strength training
17 - Ellen - Total Body Tone
18 - Jessica Smith - Fusion Sculpt (You Tube); long-ish walk at work w/ co-worker
19 - Jessica - Cardio Ball Ballet
20 - Jessica Valent - Floor Barre and Standing Barre (with a ball)
21 - Ellen - Modern Interval; walk at work
22 - 2 Miles from Leslie's You Tube Channel (Walk 15 workouts)
23 - Ky Autumn - Blessful Body - High Intensity Interval Pilates Flow (20 min)
24 - Up to the Beat Fitness - (You tube) made up Circuit workout consisting of 4 5 min segments
25 - Ky Autumn - Blessful body - Start Here Day 1 (core), Jessica Valent - Lower body floor work and squat challenge
26- Leslie - Burn Body Fat - 40 Min Walk, Ky Autumn - Blessful Body - Start Here Day 2
27 - Liz Gillies - Progressive Pilates for Weight Loss
28 - Ellen - Mighty Mat Pilates; walk at work
29 - Leslie - Miracle Miles - 2 Mile walk; walk at work
30 - Ellen - Modern Interval
31- Leslie - Green and Purple Miles from Daily Walk DVD
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 02:12 PM  
T2B

Week 9
29. XTRAIN: Cardio Leg Blast + ZUMBA Dance, Dance, Dance
30. XTRAIN: Chest, Back, Shoulders

october...

1. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Bi’s and Tri’s + YOUv2: Rock It Out!
2. rest day...
3. XTRAIN: All Out Low Impact Hiit. P.M. Yv2: Move Your Body!
4. (S) ICE: Rock’m Sock’m Kickbox
5. (S) RIPPED WITH HIIT: Upper Body Circuit. Afternoon: Yv2: Work It! Shake It!

Week 10
6. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders +Yv2: Rock It Out!
7. rest day...
8. XTRAIN: Legs (Standing, Barre, 50 Hip Thrusts, stretch)
9. XTRAIN: Biceps & Triceps. Jane - I’m thinking about doing Cathe’s 3 Month STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating Rotation next....
10. (S) RWH Lift It HiiT It: Legs. Couldn’t face Cardio Leg Blast. For some reason I thought this would be easier than Cardio Leg Blast...nope!
11. (S) Rockout Knockout
12. XTRAIN: Super Cuts + Yv2: Rock It Out!

Week 11
13. XTRAIN: Chest, Back, Shoulders + Yv2: Work It! Shake It!. Saw Gemini Man with Will Smith yesterday. Young Will and Old Will in scenes together was kind of weird and freaked me out a little. Still, I enjoyed the movie.
14. (S) S90: Tabata Inferno + Yv2: Rock It Out!. Rotation Update - my next rotation will be Cathe’s FIT TOWER/ ICE/ LOW IMPACT SERIES 90 DAY ROTATION. I’ve done this rotation before so will be nice to revisit.
15. (S) TAE BO AMPED: Full Throttle
16. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Bi’s & Tri’s
17. XTRAIN Legs (Standing & Ball). P.M. Yv2: Work It! Shake It!
18. rest day...
19. X10: Hi/Lo & Low Impact + XTRAIN: AOLIH (Floor, Disc, Stretch)

Week 12
20. XRAIN: Hard Strikes Timesaver Premix. Switching days around and I plan to do Flex Train later today as a sub for Super Cuts. I have to leave home extra early this week so not sure if I’ll be up for getting up even earlier to do my workouts. Noon: (S) Flex Train
21. (S) LITE: Cardio Party
22. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Chest, Back, Shoulders
23. XTRAIN: Cardio Leg Blast. Amen, last time doing this workout for a long time. This became my nemesis. It was definitely easier but still challenging. I just got sick of doing it. lol.
24. XTRAIN: Biceps & Triceps. Done, done, done! HIGH FIVE to me!
25. Yov2: Rock It Out! + Sweat Sensation
26. HAMMER & CHISEL: Hammer Power. First and last time I did Hammer Power was 9/15/16. I remember enjoying it then and I really enjoyed it today. Also did the Les Mills YT workout #8 that Sherry posted on GD which was a lot of fun too. Another Les Mills popped up that was a 40 min Reebok/Les Mills with Nina Dobrev that I said why not and kept going. This was a lot of fun too. AsSweet - I think you’ll like this one.
27. Yv2: Move Your Body + Work It! Shake It!

28. Rest day... Yesterday, I was in bed at 6:30, slept until 5 am this morning. Feel refreshed now.

Week 1 - Fit Tower/ ICE/ LIS/ Body Beast/Hammer 90 Day

29. FIT TOWER ADVANCED (FTA): Boot Camp. I wasn’t sure about this going in but I really enjoyed it. I did a lot of improvising, using my tubing pull-up door attachment, the club step with lots of risers and a sturdy chair. Challenging but not crazy hard.
30. LIS: Low Impact Challenge. It’s like a new workout every time I do this workout. Cathe’s cues as you’re doing the move most times. Fun workout but I was on the wrong leg a lot.
31. ICE: Chiseled Upper Body. Happy Halloween!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 03:34 PM  
Dontmindthemess

OCTOBER

In honor of Halloween I’m going to do one “scary” workout each week. Just something that I find intimidating.

1. Rest I had a morning hair appointment and just never got to a workout!
2. Barlates Precision Training Barre I had wanted to get some cardio in today because of yesterday but I just couldn’t face any up and down stuff so I did sculpting only workout. Precision Barre is a bit longer than most Barlates, just under an hour and uses just a pilates ball and chair for balance. It starts off with some flowing movement to warm up then into ballet style arms. I used 1 lb soft weights until the swan arms part where I had to drop them. I found this upper body section to be tougher in a good way. Next is barre legs using the ball between the thighs and behind the thighs. At the halfway point Linda does abs with the ball in some creative yet awkward moves that I really felt. She finishes with a pretzel series with the ball behind the leg and then a stretch. I really enjoyed this one and I’m pretty sure I’ll be feeling my inner thighs tomorrow.
3. Tonique Royale (Carb Royale remix-66 min) The grandmother of all scary workouts! I figured I’d get it over with early in the month. I did the first 33 minutes twice, just doing the opposite side the second time through. This was surprisingly not confusing to do. I stopped at the cardio dance segment. I took breaks and had to modify a few of the moves but I did the real move as long as I could before I modify. For example Sylwia does a one legged pushup burpee into a kick. I did as many as I could then did a knee up instead of the kick. If you like curtsy lunges, kicks and pushups this workout is for you!! I just went at my pace (I had no choice!) and did my best without judgement. It was hard but the second half was easier because I knew what to expect. And guess what not only did I survive but I actually feel really good right now!!!
4. 3 mile run + Barlates Target 20 core Core is 20 moves for a minute each. Most of them are standing and Linda uses a chair for her foot. Those moves were tough and I think it would have worked well if I used a step instead but I was in the living room. By the time she gets to the floor I was feeling it and I had to modify a lot! I really find Linda’s ab workouts tough. This wasn’t bad but not my favorite either. It got the job done today.
5. 60 min FiiT yoga class Lots of up and down today and I was already a little tight from running yesterday. I really struggled with the core work today, still feeling Target 20 from yesterday. Makes me like the workout a bit more.
6. Rest
7. Tonique Hamptons Glow 33 min + 60 min FiiT yoga class I almost made it through the whole Tonique workout, but there were 5 minutes left. I ran out of time because I needed longer breaks after the wall sections. This one looked easier, it’s Sylwia of course, but it was really challenging. She starts off with squats as a warm up before doing the wall exercises. She has you in a handstand facing the wall and in each section you do something different with your legs: knee in to extension, leg circle to foot close to the floor, walk down and up the wall. A couple exercises are up and down - leg extensions, walk down the wall into a side crouching lunge or a flip over with your arm extended. One was particularly hard, a side knee in to extension then lift one hand off the floor. I just went at my own pace and since I was facing the wall I had no idea how fast Sylwia was going. Most wall sections were followed by a series of squats or curtsy lunges to give the upper body a break. As the workout progresses Sylwia actually takes breaks with some freestyle light dancing and stretching. She is amazingly strong. This may have been the most unique workout I’ve ever done, really I know I don’t own anything like this and it was a really interesting and challenging way to work upper body and core. I was a little worried about going to FiiT after Hamptons glow but thankfully it was a lot of cardio interspersed into the vinyasas. Not sure if I could have done a lot of pushups!
8. Mixxtreme Mix (43 min) + 60 min hot yoga class This was a pretty recent eBay purchase in an attempt to find a easier version of the Dream Body workouts. I wouldn’t say this was an easy workout by any means but it moved at a pace that I could follow. I had to cut it short to get to yoga but I would have loved to finish it up. I skipped the last circuit. The instructor Shandi starts off each circuit with cardio and then goes into the fusion moves on one side, more cardio, then the other side. I actually really enjoyed this workout and there’s two more with it to try. There was some very challenging (and a little confusing) stability ball work for the inner thighs and core. The music was really low, which was great because I played my own anyway and the background is white. The instructor is a bit loud but it didn’t bother me but I would say the production value is on the lower end.
9. Yvette Bachman 45 min Cardio Blast + 60 min hot yoga class Just wanted to do some cardio today and this fit the bill and more. It was really cardio alternated with core/bodyweight exercises until the 33 min mark. Yvette has you ditch your mat and she does 20/10 intervals of varying intensity until the end. Sweaty and fun workout! My only beef- there were like three ads during the workout. I don’t mind the ads in the beginning, I just let them play while I put my sneakers on, but it’s frustrating in the middle of a workout.
10. Walk 3 miles Beautiful sunny fall day. I did about 1 1/2 of yard work too.
11. Dream Body Barre + 60 min FiiT yoga class My second “scary” workout this week and this was much easier than I anticipated (Hamptons Glow was harder than it looked). While it moved fast I was almost able to keep up, maybe I missed a rep or two. I did have to pause during the barre circuit to shake out my legs! Barre was two longer circuits of one side then the other. It ended with a shorter ab section focusing on lower abs and a short stretch. Less cardio in Barre than in bikini bootcamp. FiiT had four tabata pairs interspersed throughout the flow: Thrusters and jump squats, skaters and plank hold, jump lunges and pushups, swimmers and roll ups.
12. 60 min FiiT yoga class The class was a bit smaller than usual today and the instructor really took advantage of that. We did a few rounds of what I called breakdance burpees. Full burpee to the floor and you come up into a kick through on each side then into a jump up. She actually had me do a couple before class because she was pretty excited about them (she did them herself earlier in the week). Love that breakdance move.

13. 75 min hot yoga class Had the day off so I could treat myself to yoga this morning. I miss the 75 min classes too. No rush, they just seem like the unfold naturally.
14. Tonique Spain Whipped (40 min) + 60 min FiiT yoga class Whipped was a mixture of mostly standing squats variations and downdog/all fours work. I stopped at the 40 min mark, the last 20 minutes are burpee pushups, bridge work and abs which looked pretty good too, just a little different focus. The squats were actually a nice break for my shoulders so I’d call this a total body workout with an upper body focus. This was a simple workout, no tricky moves but it was harder than it looked. Of course Sylwia does 40-50 reps on most exercises but I just try to do 30 reps before I take a break for a few reps and I had to pause/rewind a few times too. I am really feeling the Tonique workouts. I don’t know why but I really feel fantastic after doing one, even my shortened, modified version. I don’t know if it’s the endurance style training or Sylwia’s body positive talk but they really boost my mood! They have also really challenged my core too which I love! FiiT was tabata pairs sprinkled in again which I hate to say are really growing on me. Today the were alternating upper/lower like jump lunges and pushups. The last pair were core. I felt really strong the last couple of days in yoga, what difference going almost all week makes.
15. Mixxtreme Tabata Sculpt + 60 min hot yoga class Tabata Sculpt was only 45 minutes (I thought it was going to be an hour) and it had three tabata sections of 9 or 10 exercises each and in between the tabatas were shorter sculpting sections. Each Tabata exercise was repeated 3 times. I think I would have liked it better if the sculpting sections were longer, but I felt like this workout was mostly cardio. There was a exercise where you raise one leg in front of you with pulses and then Shandi has you circle that leg both ways then pulse. I wanted more of that kind of thing. Maybe I would have liked it better if I liked tabatas better but I just don’t find them that much fun. It might be the repetition. It was a good workout, just not one I’ll reach for that often. They can’t all knock it out of the park. 60 min FiiT yoga class Went to the evening class, my husband’s idea, and it felt tough at the end of the day.
16. Xtend Barre I wanted to do something a bit easier today and I tried Xtend out. This was another eBay purchase. I liked it, but didn’t love it. This is a fast paced barre workout with a few optional jumps. It didn’t have a million reps which was nice but it just didn’t seem memorable. There were a few moves that were familiar from a Cathe fit tower workout. I will say that I was sweating pretty good during the lower body section.
17. Dream Body Cardio: MILF I survived! Let me start out saying there is no warmup at all. Darby jumps right into the first circuit. There’s 5 circuits of 3 exercises each. The first exercise (easiest) is done for 1 min, the second 45 sec, the third (hardest) for 15 secs. The whole thing is then repeated for a total of three rounds. I wanted to quit 7 minutes in but I gave myself a pep talk, not sure what I could have told myself to keep going (some lie I’m sure) but it worked. I modified and took a few (like 20) breaks and I did it. The second half is floor work using a fire walker band- bridge, side lying legs, and abs. Tough stuff even without the band. I actually liked the 60-45-15 format and each circuit had a different focus which made it seem less repetitive. I thought the plank/slider circuit was really tough. I had trouble even staying in plank for the 15 sec exercise. Dream body is humbling but I’m trying not to judge myself with the scary workouts. Just doing what I can and not putting any pressure on myself.
18. Barlates Precision Training Mat + Tonique Sway Precision Mat uses a Pilates ring and starts off with tough inner thigh work. All the exercises are pretty hard but it’s not a sweaty kind of workout. Small movements. Sway is a 10 min Tonique add on. Sylwia uses a radiator as a barre. I used the wall and a high step. It’s mostly suspension work with your feet elevated with some high impact cardio mixed in. I added in 20 handstand jumps (10 on each side).
19. 60 min FiiT yoga class Lots of planks and push-ups! She also threw in a bunch of breakdance kick throughs.
20. Rest

21. 3 mile run + 60 min FiiT yoga class I was debating what to do this morning but the sunshine won. FiiT flew by for some reason today, it wasn’t super hard but I obviously enjoyed it. The instructor used a Halloween playlist too. I took a 1 mile walk this afternoon too.
22. Barlates Shape Up Mat + 60 min hot yoga class + 60 min FiiT yoga class (evening) Shape Up mat is the same structure as Shape Up Barre: 2 lower, 2 upper, 2 core segments separated by short cardio intervals. This format flies by for me and this workout feels on the easier side (which I like!). Linda uses a firewalker band and light weights, I used 3 lb. We went to FiiT tonight instead of happy hour. My husband calls it the 2500 calorie swing and he’s probably right but I think I still like happy hour better. I did have a lot more energy tonight than last week!
23. Barlates Sculpt It Build it Up I thought this would be easier than it actually was, mostly because Tone it is a little easier and it’s in the same set. It’s one of Linda’s Tonique style workouts that clocks in at 41 mins. When I’m attempting a Tonique I don’t put any pressure on myself to keep up, but I do expect to keep up with these Barlates workouts that have that flavor so I probably end up working just as hard. Linda starts out with a base move and adds on. It’s two long segments on each side then a tough and unusual core segment that I had to modify. Linda does a wide legged plow, rolls up and jumps back to plank. I definitely have to give myself an assist in the roll up. Is it exciting? Not really but I really feel like it hit the whole body and I was super sweaty.
24. Mixxtreme Ballet Box Thanks Clerkin for reminding me that I hadn’t done the third Mixxtreme. I really liked this one! It’s more like Mix than tabata sculpt. Warning, there is no warmup and I thought the first cardio section was the toughest maybe because of the lack of a warmup. Clocking in just over an hour, this one uses 2 pound weights, the barre (a chair would be fine), a playground ball, and sliding discs for the first cardio section. There’s disc mountain climbers in the first section so it’s not the end of the world if you don’t have them. Each section starts off with 4/5 minutes of cardio and is followed by a sculpting section. I think there’s five sections total but there might be four. There’s good hamstring work using the ball. Personally these Mixxtreme workouts are tough enough for me. They move fast but feel more controlled than Dream Body. I am able to keep up at least, but I do have more Dream Body to explore.
25. Tonique Infinity Anguilla 2 That was tough, but empowering somehow. Sylwia starts off with a pep talk about doing as many reps as you can and just to keep going and not beat yourself up. It starts with a shorter 20 min circuit that includes a squat/squat twist warm up. The second circuit includes a lot of lunges, handstands and pushups. Sylwia ends with a little suspension work and ab work. There’s a great variety of exercises in infinity 2 and I really found the lunges tough! Great total body workout!
26. 60 min FiiT yoga class Feeling my hamstrings after yesterday’s workout. FiiT was a great way to finish off a tough feeling workout week.
27. Rest One more “scary” workout to go! I’ll probably do it on Halloween.

28. Heather Robertson Kettlebell HiiT workout + 60 min FiiT yoga class It felt so dark when I got up (beautiful and sunny by the time I left for yoga) so I decided to stay inside. Kettlebell HiiT is a circuit of 10 exercises done 40/20 repeated three times total. There is a warm up and stretch in this one. I used a 20 kb that felt on the light side for the first circuit but was good once the workout kicked in. I also did the first circuit 45/15 while I was fresh. I think a nice way to use this workout would be to use a lighter kettlebell and do 50/10 or go faster, maybe even rewind and do it a fourth time. FiiT has 3 different 4 minute AMRAPs sandwiched in there. I did enjoy the format, it was only 10 reps of three moves so it was easy to remember.
29. Barlates Triple Burn Barre, HiiT Mat, Target 20 Upper Body No yoga today, the plumber called as I was changing after triple burn so I did a couple of living room workouts while I was waiting. He actually came on the last exercise of Target 20 so it worked out perfectly. I’m very torn about the triple burn workouts I’ve done. They seem longer than they are and use a lot of equipment, sometimes awkwardly. They also seem to leave me sore, I’m already feeling my inner thighs. I loved the HiiT Mat workout!! This is on YouTube, 25 exercises in a 50/10 format. It just flew by and would be great to add to a cardio workout. I think I could even do this one with ankle weights. Target 20 weighted upper uses 2 lb weights, I could have used heavier. A lot of the exercises were familiar and a few are done with lower body engagement. Linda also starts with pushups and tricep dips.
30. X77 I did the scariest workout of them all today instead of tomorrow!! I had some extra carbs last night, we had dinner at my favorite restaurant for my husband’s bday, and I knew I had to seize the moment. I was prepared to modify: I used a 6 inch step instead of 8, took water breaks as needed, and I weighted down one level from Cathe since upper body is actually a little sore from yesterday. I even had the rebounder prepared just in case but I didn’t use it. I ended up modifying less than I expected and I got through a lot more jumps than I thought I would. I didn’t really start running out of steam until the last circuit section. I surprisingly found the hi/lo section the easiest and cardio blast the hardest. I’ll probably will never do this in its entirety again, I just don’t really enjoy the drill style cardio in that amount fun but it was an awesome challenge to conquer.
31. Tonique Hawaii Everybody Rocks Mostly a mat workout and very approachable for a Tonique. I still was very sweaty even though it’s a mat workout. There’s a lot of down dog leg raises, quite a few pushups and even some mini handstands. Sylwia even hits the abs in there. ER has a nice variety and it felt good doing something with a bit of stretch to it. Some moves where you’re down then halfway up where the transitions seem awkward but I realize that’s the point, those are the exercises that make me move better in real life.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 05:41 PM  
MathTeacher

I'm in. I love October!
My October got off to a rocky start. I'll be starting Sunday.

October 6 - Build and Burn Cardio Core
October 7 - Build and Burn Upper Body
October 8 - Build and Burn Lower Body
October 9
October 10
October 11
October 12

October 13 - Prevention Toning Foundations
October 14 - Prevention Toning Standing Core + Full Body Recharge
October 15
October 16 - Prevention Toning Foundations
October 17 - Prevention Sweat and Strengthen
October 18 - Callanetics
October 19 - Prevention Total Body Tone

October 20 - Utah Ride
October 21 - Prevention Fit and Firm Foundations
October 22
October 23 - Prevention Sweat and Strengthen
October 24 - Callanetics
October 25
October 26

October 27 - Prevention Total Body Tone
October 28 - Callanetics
October 29 - Prevention Sweat and Strengthen
October 30
October 31
Old 09-26-19, 07:50 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Combining Fitness Blender's Flex and Booty programs.

1. UB strength + burnout
2. Hiit + Butt and Thighs
3. UB + Core
4. LB strength
5. Shoulders and Lats; 1 mile walk
6. nothing
7. LB Hiit & Strength
8. Shoulders/Chest/Back
9. nothing
10. LB Strength, Hiit, Pilates
11. Cardio + LB strength
12. Chest and Tri's