Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-18, 03:47 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Can anyone chime in on how long the workouts are?
Any where from 18 min up to 58 minutes.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 05:23 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Any where from 18 min up to 58 minutes.

Thank you Sue!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 09:11 AM  
momofcha

****OLD THREAD ALERT*****

I'm just updating this as I received the new arm band he made
https://www.pvolve.com/collections/all/products/p-band

Wowza do you feel it! I think it's going to be a great addition to his workouts to really help target the upper body. It's a little strange to put on, and as all his stuff, it's made for people with tiny hands I managed to make it work and you feel it in the shoulders and triceps mostly - but boy do you feel it! So far there is only one segment that uses the band, but I'm hoping he will release at least one new one a week using this tool. I'm sure that will upset a ton of people who don't want to buy the band, but hopefully he tries to find a balance between those that have and those that won't.

I'm really glad I got it and might even add it in to some of the HDM work at times.

hth

Old 06-21-18, 11:04 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
****OLD THREAD ALERT*****

I'm just updating this as I received the new arm band he made
https://www.pvolve.com/collections/all/products/p-band

Wowza do you feel it! I think it's going to be a great addition to his workouts to really help target the upper body. It's a little strange to put on, and as all his stuff, it's made for people with tiny hands I managed to make it work and you feel it in the shoulders and triceps mostly - but boy do you feel it! So far there is only one segment that uses the band, but I'm hoping he will release at least one new one a week using this tool. I'm sure that will upset a ton of people who don't want to buy the band, but hopefully he tries to find a balance between those that have and those that won't.

I'm really glad I got it and might even add it in to some of the HDM work at times.

hth
I too am hoping that he does more workouts with the bands. All of the workouts in P Volve's 3 Day Burn were so good. Day 3 utilized the P Band and this workout was my favorite. I already had many bands so I used a light regular band (the type that you use for assisted pullups and this work just fine. In fact, I think that this may be a better option because you can change the band to utilize the tension that you desire and to increase the tension as you get stronger. I was able to do all of the exercises with my hands opened as she does in the video.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 11:10 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I too am hoping that he does more workouts with the bands. All of the workouts in P Volve's 3 Day Burn were so good. Day 3 utilized the P Band and this workout was my favorite. I already had many bands so I used a light regular band (the type that you use for assisted pullups and this work just fine. In fact, I think that this may be a better option because you can change the band to utilize the tension that you desire and to increase the tension as you get stronger. I was able to do all of the exercises with my hands opened as she does in the video.
Interesting. How did you keep tension on the band then? Did you just hold the band in the middle of it? I find his band to be really short, so it's constantly tense. No other band I own is this short. I can't wait for more workouts.

Old 06-21-18, 11:30 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Interesting. How did you keep tension on the band then? Did you just hold the band in the middle of it? I find his band to be really short, so it's constantly tense. No other band I own is this short. I can't wait for more workouts.
I tried the upper body exercises using several different methods and they all worked without a hassle and did not impede my workout in any way. Serious Steel sells shorter bands but you can use the regular lighter pull up bands wrapped around your hands or use ankle straps to adjust the band length to the desired length. I also tried my Bodylastics bands using the ankle straps on my hands and they also worked without any hassles. These options give you the ability to make tension adjustments by changing bands and also adjust the band to the length that P Volve uses.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics