Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-16-17, 11:59 AM  
Sharaz

Question New Workout Plan

I started a new routine last Monday. I wanted a new split for me and was inspired by some T-Nation articles. Initially, my plan was a 4 week rotation. Now, I came up with a 12 week rotation. One of the goals is building up to performing Hypertrophy/Strength and Pump works for the same muscle group back to back as the HBT routine. The split set up changes every 4 weeks. This schedule is running up to the beginning of January considering 2 rest weeks AKA: Vacation.

I need suggestions from you. I’m missing a workout I’m looking for a Full Body Hypertrophy/Strength workout for the second cycle of my rotation. I have Pyramids Full Body Bonus Combo on schedule, but I prefer to NOT repeat the same workouts the same week. I want a FB workout 6-12 reps. Maybe there is pre-mix from a Cathe workout that offers this set up. Help

I considered using STS Squat Rack but alternating Lower/Upper. Working only the biggest UB muscle groups.

Each cycle split set up is outlined in case anybody is interested in following the rotation. I bet there are many workouts from Cathe or other instructors that fit the split. Suggestions are welcome.

Hard Body Rotation

Week 1-4
1. FB Pump
2. UB Hypertrophy/Strength
3. FB Pump,
4. LB Hypertrophy/Strength

Monday
High Reps w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Tuesday
Burn Sets (Back, Shoulders) Chest, Back if you work chest
HIIT 20 mins

Wednesday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Abs

Thursday
Muscle Endurance w/weights
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Friday
STS Squat Rack Legs
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Saturday
OFF

Sunday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Stretching

Week 5-8

1. FB Hypertrophy/Strength
2. UB Pump
3. FB Hypertrophy/Strength
4. LB Pump

Monday
Pyramid Full Body Pre-Mix
HIIT 20 mins

Tuesday
CTX Upper Body w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Wednesday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Abs

Thursday
SLO MO Full Body Pre-mix
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Friday
CTX Leaner Legs x2 w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Saturday
OFF

Sunday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Stretching

Week 9-12

1. UB Hypertrophy/Strength
2. UB Pump
3. LB Hypertrophy/Strength
4. LB Pump

Monday
Burn Sets Upper Body Pre-Mix or SLO MO Chest, Back or SLO MO Back, Shoulders
HIIT 20 mins

Tuesday
CTX Upper Body w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Wednesday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Abs

Thursday
STS Squat Rack Legs
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Friday
CTX Leaner Legs x2 w/bands or EBE2 Plyo Legs or Cardio Leg Blast
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Saturday
OFF

Sunday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Stretching
Old 10-16-17, 12:52 PM  
bubbles76

Amy Bento's Drop Sets or Slo Mo may work for you. KCM Muscle Up has 8-12 reps, and there may be a total body premix.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 01:17 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Amy Bento's Drop Sets or Slo Mo may work for you. KCM Muscle Up has 8-12 reps, and there may be a total body premix.
You saved me Bubbles I do have SLO MO on DVD. I forgot this one LOL The Full Body Premix fit well in the plan. Besides, is a favorite.

Drop Set is too long at this moment for me, but serve the purpose.
I'll consider Muscle Up for a future rotation set up.

I'm also looking for more Full Body Pump workouts. PHA training preferably.
Old 10-16-17, 01:26 PM  
Sharaz

So, I updated the routine adding SLO MO Full Body. I also put SLO MO Chest, Back, Shoulders as UB Hypertrophy/Strength alternative. This is a great option if someone don't need extra bicep or tricep or shoulder work. In my case, I do the Back and Shoulders.
Old 10-16-17, 06:22 PM  
bubbles76

Well, that makes me happy! I remember you saying that you liked Slo Mo awhile back, and I like swapping out Slo Mo sometimes for heavier lifting. I really like the looks of this! If I wasn't mentally committed to doing a Firm rotation right now, I'd be all over it. I didn't read all of the articles you linked to in the previous thread, but how do you decide what your Pump weight is? Do you take a percentage of one rep max or something, or just instinctively know to go much lower? I am a bit scared of hurting myself when doing weight work back to back, and a Firm rotation I'm looking at calls for that.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 10-16-17, 07:18 PM  
Sharaz

Both articles are written by the same trainer. He refers lactate-induced training as reps between 12-18 with minimal rest and working opposite muscle groups following PHA protocol if is FB. In her second routine he refers to this as PUMP for either upper/lower. Both are not heavy lifting. No muscle damage is caused. For this reason is possible to work muscles back to back using this approach.

There is no need to perform a %max test. Even if the reps are high last 2 reps should be challenging.
Old 10-16-17, 07:26 PM  
Sharaz

I decided to prepare my body first by increasing volume up to cycle 3 because this is the first time doing back to back using this protocol accurately. I also didn't want to hurt myself and jump at it right away even though I have been lifting consecutively for months. I'm working muscles back to back weeks 1-8 but less volume because one workout is FB. I also decided to reverse the protocol the 2nd week to avoid adaptation.

Let me know your Firm routine. I believe these are FB right?
Old 10-16-17, 07:35 PM  
Sharaz

I added EBE2 Plyo Legs and Cardio Leg Blast as alternatives to LB Pump in weeks 9-12. These provides the explosive component outlined in the paper routine.
Old 10-17-17, 05:49 AM  
T2B

Hi Sharaz,

It’s good to see you posting again. I love your rotations. I know you’ve made a decision but do you have Cathe’s Ramped Up Upper Body, Giant Sets & PHA Training from Strong & Sweaty series? The pace is slow enough that you can lift fairly heavy but it’s a burner, for sure. I sweat like crazy. As usual with Cathe, there are some really nice premixes, too.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-17, 07:40 AM  
bubbles76

T2B I have this set, but I have not done it yet, if you can believe it Also preordered her newest.

Thanks for the clarification Sharaz. Most of the Firm workouts are full body, but there are some splits.

Tags
workout plan