Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-17, 05:37 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I did tough tape the other day and it WIPED ME OUT. Unfortunately I can't do these right now.
Tough Tape is hard. It's short but packs a lot in that time, and there are so many sets of leg presses (6 or 7) in addition to other lower body work (squats, plies, dips). For me that workout was overkill, same with Standing Legs. I just don't need or want that much lower body work in one workout. Too much of a dread factor for me.

Tortoise isn't as bad, it has 3 leg press sets and you could probably skip through the ballroom dancing chapters.

As much as I like the Firm, that is my one beef with them, sometimes it's overload. I like the Firm Strength/Cardio pair the best for this reason, they are better balanced I think.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 08:35 AM  
TinaT

Taramisu ~ I fett the same way as you and let my Firms sit on the shelf for a very long time. I started to miss them and the results I got with them and through many thread conversations I gave myself permission to modify them.

Tall box is only the blue portion and some of the short box aerobics are on the floor only. I don't lift super heavy anymore. No plyos, and my dips/lunges are with the dowel. With all the modifying I still get a great workout in. The combination of AWT that Anna created really gives me the best calorie burn.

I don't own TT anymore, but there are so many I reach for that I don't think I'll miss it. I own both Tort and Hare and can do the weight segments if I choose. I decided to get creative with them, and make them work for me. I'm glad I did.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 09:22 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
The rotations consist of all the FIRM workouts (Volume 1 through the Zip Trainer) and the BeMax streaming workouts. They are posted on a closed Facebook group called "FLEX'ng your TransFIRMed Body Check in". You have to request to join.
I'm a part of that group and still can't find the rotations??
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 09:50 AM  
Carol K

There is always a rotation pinned right at the top of the page. August 2017 Ending Summer Strong is pinned there now.
Old 08-10-17, 07:16 AM  
Rhonda

This has been a Firm week for me. I have done two of the basics, this morning was Maximum cardio burn from the BSS set with the barbell (can't thin of what they call it but it is the one that you can twist off the ends). It was a good workout.

Not sure if it is the workouts or not but my thighs for some reason seem thicker this week so hopefully the workouts are not giving me the opposite affect I would like. I am having fun though. Going to try to make it through August doing the FIRMs to see what happens to the body and weight loss.

Glad to see others enjoying also.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 07:39 AM  
Carol K

That's the sculpting stick. I don't have the original one anymore, but I still use the Sculpting Stick Pro that they released in 2007. It has 3 equal sections that are 3 lbs each. It is shorter than the original sculpting stick, so when they use it for balance, I use the dowel.
Old 08-10-17, 08:47 AM  
TinaT

Rhonda ~ There has always been a feeling of thickness in the thighs at the front end of using Firms. Between tall box work, squats, lunges/dips, you can't deny how much the quads and hamstrings are being worked. That being said, if you stick with it long enough, you'll see the fat start to burn off and they won't feel "thick" anymore. At least that been my experience.

In the last 6 months I've lost a total of 9 inches in just my thighs. 4 on 1 side and 5 on the other. Weird! Anyway, I did that with mainly using Firms. Light Aerobic Mix, Tough Aerobic Mix, Tough Cardio Mix, Aerobic Butt Busters, to name just a few.
Old 08-10-17, 11:07 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Rhonda ~ There has always been a feeling of thickness in the thighs at the front end of using Firms. Between tall box work, squats, lunges/dips, you can't deny how much the quads and hamstrings are being worked. That being said, if you stick with it long enough, you'll see the fat start to burn off and they won't feel "thick" anymore. At least that been my experience.

In the last 6 months I've lost a total of 9 inches in just my thighs. 4 on 1 side and 5 on the other. Weird! Anyway, I did that with mainly using Firms. Light Aerobic Mix, Tough Aerobic Mix, Tough Cardio Mix, Aerobic Butt Busters, to name just a few.
Thanks Tina. I guess I never have done FIRM on a long time basis. So I will continue as I am enjoying them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 04:01 PM  
rhbrand

I dug out Aerobic Butt Blasters last night, and well, it was fun. Ok, in a "I may be dying" way, but I worked up a good sweat, and felt a nice burn in the glutes.
Old 08-10-17, 05:35 PM  
TinaT

I really do like ABB. Glad you dug it out. I did Light Aerobic Mix this morning and it's one of the reasons I love 4-limb aerobics. Aerobic Weight Training gives me such a nice calorie burn.

Tags
classic firms, firm 90 day rotation, revisiting the firm, zip trainer, zip trainer rotations