Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-17, 07:56 AM  
momofcha

Revisiting the Classic Firm

OMG I feel like I'm 18 again! I was talking to my 18 yo daughter yesterday (who just joined a gym) and it reminded me of how she is just like me. I joined a gym at 18 also to keep in shape after high school. I met someone from school there and she turned me onto The Firm. She lent me Volume 1 and I immediately was hooked! I dug out Volume 1 this morning - today was a rest day, but I popped it in and watched it. I can still recite the whole thing and I can't wait to do it tomorrow!

It brought me back to my "roots" on how I began my fitness journey and I now ordered a bunch of the oldies on DVD.

I think I got away from the Firm when I discovered VF because I didn't know there was so much else out there, however, I think I am going to do a Firm rotation for the month of August.

Ah, memories....thanks for listening

I know many people have great results by The Firm - do you all still think the "classics" are effective?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 08:58 AM  
violingal3

It's funny, I have all the classics and a good number of older Firms on DVD, but I always reach for Vol. 1. July has been so hot that I don't feel like doing anything intense, but I have been doing Vol. 1 a few times a week lately and it is perfect. It really whips me into shape when I do it consistently, it's just the perfect workout.

I recommended Vol. 1 to a friend (who mainly does BeachBody programs) about a year ago and she's just addicted to it. We call it our go-to feel good workout when you can't decide what to do. She finally got some great results from the floorwork and she's always had a flat butt no matter what she's tried.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 09:28 AM  
leigh1673

I just started doing Vol 1-3 again after a LONG hiatus and OMG they are much harder than I remember!! (or perhaps I am just more out of shape??) In any case --- whew I am huffing and puffing through all of the standing weighted aerobics sections and grimacing and groaning through all the TOUGH floorwork.

Gosh I those Classics!!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 10:17 AM  
Demeris

Your post made me very happy.

And I was happiest when I read 'lent' and not 'loaned.' I can still hear my mother saying 'lent is the verb, loan is the noun.'
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 10:35 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Your post made me very happy.

And I was happiest when I read 'lent' and not 'loaned.' I can still hear my mother saying 'lent is the verb, loan is the noun.'

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 10:45 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I know many people have great results by The Firm - do you all still think the "classics" are effective?
yes - The classic Firm 90DR was my first success. got down to my pre-wedding weight.

the second series that also did the same thing (after DS #2 was born, and DS #3) was the Slim Series.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 11:05 AM  
TinaT

Well, you know me, broken record when it comes to the Anna Benson Firms. With all the remastering to dvd, you can make them as short or long as you want. Volume 1 got me started as well, and I actually have this emotional rush when working out to it. I do have to modify now, but I'm good with it.

I have about 37 of the remastered Firms and love them all. Enjoy!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 03:27 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I absolutely do believe that the Firm Classics are still revelant, and still effective. Anna Benson was a pioneer in the fitness industry, ahead of her time. Her workouts were classics, and will always be This makes me want to pull one out tomorrow, lol!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 06:29 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Awww, those good old classic Firms! I was going to do one today after reading this thread, but my son was watching the TV that's hooked up to the old VCR. Maybe I'll give one a try later in the week.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 06:41 PM  
Garrie A.

I the Classic Firms! I'll never forget the day I found the original six clamshells at a yard sale five years ago, all for $1. That started my vidiocy, and as they say....the rest is history! I branch out but always come back to my Firms for two words: THEY WORK!!

My all time favorite is Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracie Long. I actually did a blog post about my favorites last year. I don't really post on my blog that much, but here ya go:
http://peaceloveandfirm.blogspot.com...p-10-firm.html
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm 90 day rotation, revisiting the firm, zip trainer, zip trainer rotations