Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-17, 09:58 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaB View Post
I have tried so.many.blenders. I make green smoothies, blended soups, blended drinks etc so my blender gets a lot of use. It needs to work well, it needs to be easy to clean, and it needs to be affordable too.

I ended up getting an Oster with a glass pitcher again, and though I don't like the design, it does a great job, it isn't too loud for a fairly powerful blender, and it's easy to get replacement blades, pitchers etc. Also, easy to clean, which is a must since I use it daily or even several times a day.

I do still have my eye on the Vitamix, though. One day, friend, one day
Which oster is that?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 10:00 AM  
CarlaVeg

The one thing about the ninja I didn't like from a video on youtube is that the blades are taller, I don't like that middle stick and it looks like it's hard to handle and clean? I watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NweA-ybN_Y

Carla
Old 03-20-17, 12:43 PM  
CarlaVeg

Vitamix

How much is the Vitamix at Costco?

Carla
Old 03-20-17, 01:25 PM  
ncl

I agree. My Vitamix is totally worth it. I got a reconditioned one and have had zero problems and spent about 300.00 and it will blend greens, beets, carrots, all kinds of stuff you couldn't do in a regular blender (though I have never had an Oster). I think I have had mine now for almost 3 years and I use it regularly.

https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Certifi...itioned-Series

I just got the basic model and haven't felt I need more than that.

Recently I went on vacation and stayed in a rental where they had the shorter version Vitamix which is not what I have. I used it. There were some downsides to it and I thought I did better with the basic model. There were upsides as well.

The downsides of the shorter model was it is more expensive. The reason I thought I did better with the basic model was that when I blended in the shorter version, more of my smoothie went up and around on the sides of the blender, meaning more smoothie that was not coming to me. This was a lot of the smoothie and I was surprised, a big difference. I have heard others say this as well. I did like that the pitcher was glass as opposed to plastic so I'd rate that in the upside category.

The upside of the basic model is that it is more affordable and I think works just as well. I haven't found I needed extra settings at all for smoothies or soups or dips or whatever. Also, if you use as they say to use it gradually increasing the speed when your smoothie is in there, most of the smoothie stays at the bottom of the blender and you don't lose as much of it to splashing all around the sides of the blender. I have one place on my counter that doesn't have a cabinet over it and it has become the home for my Vitamix. I think I would store the canister if I had lower cabinet, but keep the base out (the base is heavier and might be a little more onerous to move around regularly, but of course we are all strong here!) or just store the base beside it. I pull it forward on the counter towards me anyway when I use it. But the height could potentially be a downside I suppose.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 03:35 AM  
ElisaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
Which oster is that?
I had to get an older model because I needed it in 220v.
It's kind of ugly and only two speeds work but I love it nevertheless because it is the only blender that is still going strong after 3 years of daily use!

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 10:29 AM  
gladgirl

Don't know if you already got your new blender or not...another Vitamix fan!

After 10yrs of constant use, I bought a new one for my freshly redone kitchen so it would fit under the counter. The old horse came to the office with me. Both are such workhorses and worth every penny. Esp. for the smooth and silky smoothies I can blend. My SIL bought a pretty red refurbished one and is extremely pleased with hers, as well.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 11:37 AM  
CarlaVeg

I spoke to DH and he agrees that we better pay the money for a good blender as he makes smoothies everyday with fruit and vegetables.

Is Vitaminix at Costco cheaper?

Carla
Old 03-21-17, 12:59 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
I spoke to DH and he agrees that we better pay the money for a good blender as he makes smoothies everyday with fruit and vegetables.
If you're willing to hold off until QVC has a Vitamix for the today's special value April 2nd, you can probably get one for at least $50 off, sometimes with free S&H, and you'll have the option of breaking it into 5 payments. They usually come with QVC specific packages = newest model in colors & finishes exclusive to QVC + accessories.
When I bought mine, it was $100 off, free S&H, and came with 2 recipe books, tamper, DVD, smoothie bottle, and option to buy dry ingredient container for 1/3 of the normal price.
Old 03-21-17, 01:40 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
If you're willing to hold off until QVC has a Vitamix for the today's special value April 2nd, you can probably get one for at least $50 off, sometimes with free S&H, and you'll have the option of breaking it into 5 payments. They usually come with QVC specific packages = newest model in colors & finishes exclusive to QVC + accessories.
When I bought mine, it was $100 off, free S&H, and came with 2 recipe books, tamper, DVD, smoothie bottle, and option to buy dry ingredient container for 1/3 of the normal price.
OMG that is awesome!!!!!!THANKS SOOOOO MUCH! Is that sale already posted on QVC? Yes I can wait, my husband is the one going crazy with a tiny personal blender that doesn't shop his spinach LOL

Carla
Old 03-21-17, 02:57 PM  
ardnas

QVC program guide...

Vitamix - More Than a Blender
Sunday, April 02, 2017
12:00 - 01:00 AM EST

In 1937, self-taught "modern" home products salesman and Vitamix founder W.G. Barnard introduced an all-new product - the blender - to his line. This first Vitamix machine revolutionized small appliances and made "blender" a household word with the first-ever direct response commercial in 1949. Today, Vitamix blenders perform kitchen tasks that ordinary blenders can't. With its powerful motor, this all-purpose kitchen machine helps to ensure that you get the maximum benefit from your fruits and vegetables, for healthier eating in no time at all. Discover why Vitamix is the choice of professionals and consumers alike, and learn for yourself why it's More Than a Blender.

Make healthful treats with ease—shop the innovative selection.

Upcoming Shows
Sun 04/02/2017 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Sun 04/02/2017 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sun 04/02/2017 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Sun 04/02/2017 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Sun 04/02/2017 09:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Tags
blenders, ninja, nutribullet