Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-17, 12:38 PM  
sciencelady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I did not get the Vitamix because they were more expensive and at that time they did not offer the shorter model. The original model would not fit under my cabinets.

Sherry
That was a major reason I didn't get the Vitamix also. It also looked like you needed to press things into the Vitamix blender using a plunger, whereas the Blendtec sucks everything in on its own.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 12:50 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
It also looked like you needed to press things into the Vitamix blender using a plunger
I think the tamper is for when making dough - never had to use it for anything (but I never made bread or pizza crust with mine).
Old 03-19-17, 03:52 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes, the shorter Vitamix just fits; wouldn't have bought it otherwise. And I've never used the tamper tool either.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 07:17 PM  
isebelleg44

I bought my Vitamix a few years ago and love it. I bought it through QVC and the only regret I have is that I didn't buy the shorter model. I use it mainly for smoothies, pancakes and waffles. The only time I use the tamper is when I inadvertently add to much frozen fruit making my smoothies too thick.

I had a Kitchenaid blender for years and it pales in comparison to the Vitamix, when it comes to making a creamy smoothie.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 08:03 PM  
Genevieve M

I used to work for SharkNinja, the makers of the Ninja blenders. Jerks! I got laid off the day I got back from knee surgery by my 35 year-old boss. I wouldn't give them a nickel. Just sayin'
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 12:20 AM  
Season

We just bought a Vitamix this weekend at Costco. We do smoothies every day and the new Nutrabullet Lean I bought was too small and the plastic gears were already wearing down after two months of use. I didn't want to waste any more money so we went for high quality that's built to last and Vitamix is made in the USA.
Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 01:49 AM  
nschultz

I've had my vitamix for 10 years and it's still like new. Love making smoothies, soups dressings, etc.
Worth every penny in my opinion, got it at Costco.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 03:34 AM  
ElisaB

I have tried so.many.blenders. I make green smoothies, blended soups, blended drinks etc so my blender gets a lot of use. It needs to work well, it needs to be easy to clean, and it needs to be affordable too.

I ended up getting an Oster with a glass pitcher again, and though I don't like the design, it does a great job, it isn't too loud for a fairly powerful blender, and it's easy to get replacement blades, pitchers etc. Also, easy to clean, which is a must since I use it daily or even several times a day.

I do still have my eye on the Vitamix, though. One day, friend, one day

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 07:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Likewise one of my best 'bargains' was my Vitamix, bought for around $300-something at Costco. Amazing machine I use every day. I even use it to completely pulverize whole chickens, bones all, for making pet food. Fwiw it's the shorter Vitamix, so fits under my cabinets.

If buying cheaper I'd go with a glass Oster before buying a Nutribullet. I had a Nutribullet that lasted less than a year. Money down the drain.
I got my short Vitamix on sale at QVC, with five easy pays. I got it about four/five years ago, use it almost every day, nothing can compare to the texture of everything I whir up in it. It is loud, though.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 09:41 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I didn't have money for a Blendtech or Vitamix so I went with a Ninja. I love it. My parents have a more expensive Nutribullet and I like my Ninja better.
I love my Ninja too! Just bought one for my daughter!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blenders, ninja, nutribullet