Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-17, 06:34 PM  
muggle

Calling all Tracie Long fans....

So....I'm the vidiot that's like an internet troll that just can't stop looking at dvd's/workouts. Perhaps it's all the talk of dvd's eventually disappearing. I really don't know. It's because of this affliction that I eventually come upon an instructor that I've never done before. Tracie Long is one of those instructors. I was never a huge "Firm" person so she's new to me. I've looked at a bunch of her wkout clips. So here I am....again...asking my fellow vidiots...what's your favorite and why? What do they compare to if anything. They look pretty good. TIA
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 07:05 PM  
ncl

I do think you call tell she has the Firm background in these, but they are a little different as well, some "functional" moves and some of what seem to be her own moves, different vibe. I felt like with the Firms (at least the older ones), I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over with different music and instructor. I think Tracie's are less like that, but would be interested what others say.

My favorite Tracie Long workouts is Staying Power. I like that there are cardio segments and weight segments and that she uses the medicine ball. This one is one of her most fun workouts IMO. My second favorite is Better Burn, Better Buns, also has cardio segments plus weight (you'll see a theme here with me). I like the Reboots for this reason as well, but one of the Reboots is easier than the other and I like the harder one better, but can't keep straight which is which.

I don't have her newer ones yet so can't comment on those.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 08:28 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I do think you call tell she has the Firm background in these, but they are a little different as well, some "functional" moves and some of what seem to be her own moves, different vibe. I felt like with the Firms (at least the older ones), I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over with different music and instructor. I think Tracie's are less like that, but would be interested what others say.

My favorite Tracie Long workouts is Staying Power. I like that there are cardio segments and weight segments and that she uses the medicine ball. This one is one of her most fun workouts IMO. My second favorite is Better Burn, Better Buns, also has cardio segments plus weight (you'll see a theme here with me). I like the Reboots for this reason as well, but one of the Reboots is easier than the other and I like the harder one better, but can't keep straight which is which.

I don't have her newer ones yet so can't comment on those.
Those are my 3 favorites, too. I like ReBoot #2 better than #1.

Muggle - As "What's your favorite Tracie Long workout and why" has been an oft discussed topic over the years, I did a tag search and found these helpful threads - Enjoy!:

http://forum.videofitness.com/search...archid=7618998

http://forum.videofitness.com/search...archid=7619005

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=180510
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 10:57 PM  
Tugger31

I like her Stronger Longer workouts. They are very well rounded, have a little cardio in them, but she really takes the time to stretch between exercises.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 12:32 AM  
Titus2woman

Maximum Body Shaping!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 01:24 AM  
nschultz

I really like Tracie Long. Her workouts are never boring, lots of variety and she focuses on the importance of form. They're also easy to modify.

I really like both Reboots and Stronger Longers. Love the stretching in Stronger Longers. Her Focus series is great for 30 minute workouts. I recently acquired her 4 new ones and haven't done much, but liked what I had done.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 08:02 AM  
Garrie A.

My favorite Tracie workouts are:
-Leaning Out --this one has a mix of traditional and functional strength training. It flows really well and has great music. There's also a 7 minute cardio segment you can skip.
-The Firm Maximum Body Shaping. Another --45 minute no nonsense, get in and get out strength workout
-Focus Breakthrough: 33 minute workout utilizing the weighted ball. Lots of fun!
-Better Burn Better Buns
-Defined Lines--has a little bit of everything. 4 limb work, ball work, and exercises utilizing the gliding discs.
-Defining Shape--Great strength workout that hits everything in just under 50 minutes. It also has a nice balance segment.

I also like Firm Tortoise, Step Forward and Back Up. Step Forward is a cardio step/lower body endurance step workout, and Back Up is a cardio plus strength workout. It has a really fun sports influenced cardio segment (using the weighted ball), and an innovative functional strength segment using light weights to work the small muscles of the shoulders and back. As you can see, most of my favorites are from the Longevities. Her Firm workouts are also great too.

Of the Reboots, I've only tried the first one. It's okay, but a little choppy. The cardio segments get in the way in it IMHO. But it's still good. I have yet to try the second Reboot, the Stronger Longers, and her new Studio Series.

All I'm all, I'm a huge Tracie fan.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 11:30 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I really like the TLT series. I can't remember what they're all called.... one is Better Burn, Better Bum or something like that. Another was strength with Perky Jen from the Firm (you know, the one with the sparkly diamond, as per the Firm book. ) The only one I didn't like was Finding your Core. Although it was great to see Susan Harris again, I just didn't click with that one and I traded it.

I also like pretty much any workout with a ball in it, so Breakthrough is also a favorite. I have some of the ones with the brick set. I like them, but I haven't done them often enough to have a fave.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 12:15 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I've done Tracie's workouts almost exclusively for a couple of years now; I may do a KCM or Cathe or older Firm workout in between, but I pretty much only stick with Tracie for the majority of my workouts. My fitness level has improved so much because of her workouts -- I had pretty much given up on ever doing any intensity or heavier weights again after turning 40, but after a few years of her style of training, I feel like I am in really good shape without injuries or feeling sore/pain or exhausted.

I love her new ones, and I do them a few times a week -- they are harder to me, but still doable and without dread. My all-time favorites are the Longevity series as they fit in my time range and are all so different.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 02:28 PM  
muggle

WOW! Thanks for all the great info everyone! Jags...you've provided me w/ quite a bit of reading to do. Thank you. I have a feeling I might really like some of her stuff. We'll see what happens.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
longevity, staying power, step forward, stronger longer