Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-17, 10:47 AM  
lesia

Group Rx Axis Releases

In the spirit of the New Year, I must share a great workout I just found. Power Music Group Rx has several different kinds of workouts (RIP/Boot/PowerStep/Revolution/War) but they've got a newer product called "Axis". It's a 30 minute core & back workout, but it's not your everyday abs workout. They hit it from all angles.

There's only 5 tracks.
Track 1: Warmup
Track 2: Stabilize
Track 3: Mobilize
Track 4: Abs & Back
Track 5: Rock Hard (challenge round that puts it all together) It's fun but hard.

Here's a description of Axis Vol 3 that I just completed:

The one thing you can always count on in AXIS is that you will work your core from every angle. From head to toe, AXIS is designed to challenge your strength, power, range of motion, balance, endurance, and more. The time is now and there are two tools needed: YOU + TOWEL. Keep reaching for your best and discover the refreshing and sustainable FIT For LIFE movement. POWER TO THE CORE.

They are pricey $29.95 but I just wanted to give you the heads up on a program that I've fallen in love with (and this is a girl that skips abs/planks/etc on every single workout)

One of my goals is to do more abs/balance/yoga moves to fill in the gaps that my hard workouts miss. I love it!

You can youtube or go to powermusic.com Group Rx workouts

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 10:57 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Sounds good Lesia! Are they similar to Les Mills CXWorx? I'm limiting my DVD purchases this year (lol!) and already bought a year subscription to Les Mills On Demand. 😱😁
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 11:03 AM  
lesia

Kathy, I think they are better...I've done a few of the CxWorks and like them, but each Axis release (there are 7 right now) uses a different technique. Sometimes it's bodyweight, or 1 dumbbell/plate or a towel, etc. These instructors are *awesome* I can't wait to try the next release.

Not trying to sell anybody on anything but Axis was Group Rx fastest growing program when it was released last year. I was just trolling youtube and came across it. I have a few RIP and Boot workouts, so I was familiar with Power Music.

Go look at the Group Rx Axis clips on Youtube or if you go to powermusic Group Rx you can listen to samples of all the music on each release.

Happy New Year.
Lesia
Old 01-01-17, 01:45 PM  
IceQueen07

I looked a these and they seem really good and would love to try, but they are pricey for an individual workout, at least for me.

Thanks for sharing, glad you found something that you enjoy

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 10:50 AM  
schoolgirl-01

i would try one but $30 for 30 mins of training is crazy expensive
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 04:56 PM  
lesia

I know they are pricey, I just wanted to share a workout that was awesome. That's the great thing about VF, there are thousands of dvds/streaming sites to satisfy everyone.

Happy New Year!

Lesia
Old 01-02-17, 05:36 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I know they are pricey, I just wanted to share a workout that was awesome. That's the great thing about VF, there are thousands of dvds/streaming sites to satisfy everyone.

Happy New Year!

Lesia
if they did a monthly streaming to access all their classes i would jump on that.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 06:02 PM  
lesia

That would be awesome! I think that's in the near future.

Lesia
Old 01-02-17, 10:28 PM  
rheash92

Some of the workouts show online access so does that mean no dvd? How much is the shipping? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 05:26 AM  
savvychica4

I was looking at their site the other day. If they had a streaming option I would definitely bite!
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
group rx, power music group rx