Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-16, 03:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

As Sherry, I haven't buy from them since they went out of business. Well, I actually think I only bought from them on their OOB sale. I usually buy from Mary and on ebay if I find a megadeal over there.

I agree with Laura, that was stressful rose, I'm glad at the end you got your refund and the set from Udaya, that was def. so nice of them!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-16, 03:44 PM  
Betty Boop

My concern with Udaya--Several weeks ago I considered getting a subscription. When I got down to the bottom of the signup page, it asked if I agreed to the Terms of Service. I clicked on the link, anticipating that it would take me to a separate page telling what the Terms of Service were. It didn't; the only thing that happened was that a check appeared in the approval box.

So, I emailed their Customer Service. And like you said, a very nice person got back with me immediately. You're right, he said, the web site is missing something, and they would take care of it. I just checked again; it's not been fixed. And I've not subscribed.
Old 01-29-16, 12:58 AM  
boukilisa

I'm very sad at what Collage has turned into. I was a customer since the early 90s.
Old 01-31-16, 12:25 PM  
kettlebell

I ordered Christi Taylor's Fantastic Four during Christmas with no problems and fast delivery. I'd also order again if they have something on sale that interest me.
kettlebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-16, 05:42 PM  
OSusanna

I ordered right before the snowstorm hit the east coast - I guess about 2 weeks ago. I got all my stuff within a week. I was impressed. It all was wrapped and looked fine. They have some instructors that Mary doesn't have otherwise I would have purchased from there but it all worked out fine.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 05:10 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I bought from Collage after the changeover because they had something Mary didn't and I wanted to give them a go. They were way faster with international shipping than the old Collage. No problems.
In reality though I see Mary as the new Collage. Always my first stop, Mary has interesting non mainstream instructors the way the old Collage did, has old Collages friendly service but even better and I won't get slipped discs because Mary will pad the cases if asked. Oh and super fast delivery.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 01:46 AM  
exermom

You know, until now I didn't even know that Collage was back in business! Sounds like they aren't too swift. Guess I'll continue to go to Mary. Wonderful customer service and she's so helpful!

Michele
exermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 05:32 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
I'm very sad at what Collage has turned into. I was a customer since the early 90s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exermom View Post
You know, until now I didn't even know that Collage was back in business!
Keep in mind that it's not exactly the same company. Different people bought Collage Video and kept the name.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 07:26 AM  
Taiga

I've ordered twice since they changed ownership. The first order arrived with a disc that was in fairly abysmal condition (shrink wrapped). It was a super cheap sale price and did play so I didn't bother with emailing them. The disc arrived seated in its case but was in such poor condition that I could never trade it in good faith.

I took another chance a few months ago because they had an instructor that Mary didn't carry. One of the discs was a DVD-r (no mention of this at all in their description, and I scoured the page again after I received it). The disc froze in 1 section. The other 2 dvds in that order were ok. I just kept the dvd-r and decided not to deal with them again.
Old 05-17-16, 11:19 AM  
bfit

I've had no problems getting orders filled and delivered in a timely fashion, and the DVDs have been fine. I don't order as much from Collage as I did before they changed hands though. The entire business and website has just lost its "soul" and does not have much appeal for me. The website looks cheap and doesn't work very well, it's not updated well, there doesn't seem to be much quality control in terms of the kinds of things they sell, for their special sale items it's obvious they're just trying to get rid of a lot of old, not very popular workouts, the forum and the other features that made the website such a community are gone, and there are no "staff favorites" any more. It used to be a place where people could go and get good advice about workouts. Now it's just another company trying to sell things. I wonder if the employees even know anything about what they're selling.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, scratched dvds