Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-14, 09:52 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I really like Core and Class of 2012. I usually do those longer workouts in parts b/c the standing work is a good 30 minutes in each. Although if my back is bugging me I will do a long CS b/c I feel so good after each of these.

I would call CS and see if you could get Aging Backwards since your combined order would qualify. Can't hurt to ask!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 04:22 AM  
Negin

Wow! Thank you all so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
What differences have you felt from doing CS?
Donna, I feel less pain, more stretched, firmer, tighter and generally more toned. My posture has improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I would never laugh at anyone who ordered more CS/Essentrics. It's perfectly rational and normal behavior.
Thank you for understanding .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I'm right there with you!!
Glad to know that I'm not the only one . Did you order any more yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
In my opinion I wouldn't bother with the back pain one, it's very gentle and great for back pain, but I only did it when I either have pain or feel like my back is feeling weaker.
Thank you for this. It helps me to eliminate one from my list. That, and the 2008 Re-Release which no one seems to have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotcat View Post
I love the Core workout! It has an amazing 30 min standing section (that can be done on its own)
Very good to hear. I love standing ab work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I would call CS and see if you could get Aging Backwards since your combined order would qualify. Can't hurt to ask!
I will do that. Thank you, Jackie. I always respect your feedback when it comes to CS.

Now, my choices are:
  • Core
  • Class of 2012
  • Barre
That's if I go ahead with Seasons 7 and 9. I have all of the other seasons.

Any other thoughts, opinions, whatever would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-09-14, 03:39 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I shouldn't have opened this thread. Now I am thinking of getting:
Essentrics Body Sculpting Series
Essentrics Strength and Stretch in Motion
CS back pain relief.

Are there any clips of these, especially the essentrics ones?

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 03:42 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I shouldn't have opened this thread. Now I am thinking of getting:
Essentrics Body Sculpting Series
Essentrics Strength and Stretch in Motion
CS back pain relief.

Are there any clips of these, especially the essentrics ones?

Leslie
I don't know of any clips. You can check YouTube and the CS website. I just wanted to mention that her new "Back Pain Relief and Prevention" is very, very gentle...I don't do it often. I find episodes titled "back pain" or "spine flexibility" more helpful.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 12-09-14, 03:59 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

There was a clip of the shoulder, traps, upper back and chest stretch from the SSIM and there are a lot of moves with spinal flexion which I cannot do because of my back. So I think I am going to pass on that one which is too bad because I could really use stretches in those areas.

I am tempted by the back pain relief one though in case I end up tweaking my back again.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 03:51 AM  
Negin

Quote:
I shouldn't have opened this thread.
Leslie, I'm right there with you . There are many threads here that I should not open, but I do, and seldom regret it .
Old 12-11-14, 11:09 AM  
BunnyHop

And now I have a tracking number.

Looking forward to these.

Did I mention? I got 6, 7, Strength and Stretch in motion and Essentrics Body Sculpting Series. Decided to just go for it. CS continues to be a favorite way to get myself up and moving.

(I've already got 8, 9 and 10)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 11:30 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
And now I have a tracking number.
Me too and thanks to Jackie, I contacted them with regards to the book. They're including it with my order. Thank you, Jackie. I ordered more than I thought I would. No guilt. Feeling very happy and loving all the CS workouts that I already have.
Old 12-11-14, 11:34 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
There was a clip of the shoulder, traps, upper back and chest stretch from the SSIM and there are a lot of moves with spinal flexion which I cannot do because of my back. So I think I am going to pass on that one which is too bad because I could really use stretches in those areas.

I am tempted by the back pain relief one though in case I end up tweaking my back again.
Interesting, Leslie. I did this one the other day, I have back issues also and flexing is not good for me either. I did feel a bit achey after doing it - so a light bulb went off when you mentioned this!

For upper back work, I would recommend Jill Miller's Quick Fix RX - Upper Body. I have been doing it this week to relieve tension from sitting at my desk and in my car - it is a helpful series for me!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 11:52 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Me too and thanks to Jackie, I contacted them with regards to the book. They're including it with my order. Thank you, Jackie. I ordered more than I thought I would. No guilt. Feeling very happy and loving all the CS workouts that I already have.
Oh I am so glad you're getting the book!!!! They are so nice; I have had nothing but positive interactions with CS!

As far as upper body release---a big second for Jill Miller. I bought her "On Demand Pain Relief" and it is so worth it to have it on my shelf.

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, essentrics