Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-14, 01:02 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Jenilu, I tend to regard 'Lastics more as a flexibility workout. It goes deeply into the stretch. Classical Stretch combines flexibility with toning. I weight train, so I'm less interested in getting toning from my flexibility workouts and more interested in deep stretching.
Breezy, those are the magic words--Lastics sounds like the approach I'm looking for!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 03:31 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
I posted this review on Amazon and next thing the creator of the DVD started posting against my review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
the creator responded to *every single* review that wasn't 100% positive, in order to rebut them. It bugged me.
This sort of thing would annoy me greatly also . I was tempted to look into Lastics, but once I saw this, I'm no longer interested.
Old 07-17-14, 06:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hmm, I have to step in here to talk about Amazon reviews. Many of you already know that I am a Top 50 Reviewer on Amazon--I have literally thousands of reviewers there. And I have definitely had a few bad experiences with instructors contacting me personally (via email) and either commenting on my review or actually asking me to CHANGE my review--I can tell you, I was NOT happy about that!

However, the Amazon comments are different in that they are PUBLIC, and so I think it is fair game for instructors to comment. Now, I don't know about Kitty's specific situation--it sounds like perhaps the instructor went too far there. But, I was just reading the reviews on Amazon (I was curious about Lastics for myself), and I saw the comments from the instructor. Personally, I wouldn't have described her comments as "rebutting" the reviews at all! Rather, I think she was attempting to engage in good customer service. In many of the comments, she said things like "we hear you" and "here's how we attempted to address that on the Advanced DVD." I didn't find her as coming across as argumentative at all. Finally, I can tell you from experience with reviews of other types of products (i.e., non-fitness DVDs), reviewers are usually appreciative when the manufacturer of the product actually takes the time to acknowledge their issue and to weigh in on it!

Anyway, I just wanted to offer an alternate perspective. I am still really curious about Lastics--although I do yoga and CS, sometimes I don't feel "stretched enough" from those types of routines like others have mentioned, and I've never been very natural flexible (yoga has helped with this though).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 07:06 PM  
lrb04

Beth~ Thanks for perspective since you do lots of reviewing on Amazon! On a different note I still Lastics both 1 & 2 ones. Like you I do yoga but my favorite is Jill Miller, but I like to alternate yoga/stretching because I need more stretching than Jill gives me. She works on core, stretch, body alignment yoga & stretching but Lastics is pure stretching & it fits nicely in my yoga/stretching collection!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 07:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Fran, how much harder is the Advanced Lastics? I looked at the clip, and I think I could probably do most of the moves, but I wonder if I might get more out of the original DVD.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-17-14, 08:04 PM  
lrb04

Beth~Lastic 1 holds the stretches longer & it is like they said lots of forward bending. Lastic 2 - you could modify which I do & you can do it if you could touch your toes. I am careful to listen to my body & modify especially during the splits section but I do it my way & benefit from it. I am not a super flexible person & need to stretch frequently to maintain my progress but I keep on improving. I bet you are far more flexible than me & you could do this one without trouble if I can do it!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 01:52 AM  
marya

Beth--I your Amazon reviews! Whenever I'm researching a workout, I always check first to see if you've reviewed it.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 09:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Marya! I do usually post all of them in the VF Reviews section here too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, lastics