Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-16, 06:04 PM  
edensmom

I've done 5 full rounds. I have both guides. Now there is an app. It's 2 circuits of 4 exercises each. Very very high rep. She does 50 reps of jump lunges in a leg workout for example. 30 reps commandos (up down planks). The workouts are challenging bc you aren't supposed to be taking a break except between circuits. I'd say Zuzka has more variety. It's burpees, plank jacks, bicycles, squats, jump squats, lunges, jump lunges, pushups. She does not use a lot of weights for upper body esp and back doesn't get worked at all. Kayla did feature me as one of her before and afters twice. It is a challenging program, high cardio effect. I'd call it an endurance program for sure.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 07:15 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
*reviving!

So, are Kayla's workouts like Zuzka? Or what else are they similar to? I am interested in the rotation/format but don't want to spend the $$.
TIA!
My daughter and I both think that Kayla's workouts are very Zuzka-esque. I think you could easily get similar results from doing Zuzka. I love Kayla's workouts, but I tend to gravitate to Zuzka more because of the variety of workouts she has. The only difference is that Kayla wants you to add on a couple days of LISS cardio early on in the program, then later that changes to a couple days of HIIT. So the 28 minute routines from her ebook 3 days a week, with a couple days of cardio thrown in are what make up her program.
Old 01-09-16, 07:59 PM  
edensmom

To clarify the liss portion, she wants you to do 3 days liss and later ADDS hiit. It does not replace the liss.
I never did liss anyway. The workouts have cardio built into the. Very metabolic.
Old 01-09-16, 08:02 PM  
Tugger31

[link to copyrighted content removed by moderator]

Last edited by WWWendy; 01-10-16 at 03:25 PM. Reason: copyrighted content
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 11:54 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I've done 5 full rounds. I have both guides. Now there is an app. It's 2 circuits of 4 exercises each. Very very high rep. She does 50 reps of jump lunges in a leg workout for example. 30 reps commandos (up down planks). The workouts are challenging bc you aren't supposed to be taking a break except between circuits. I'd say Zuzka has more variety. It's burpees, plank jacks, bicycles, squats, jump squats, lunges, jump lunges, pushups. She does not use a lot of weights for upper body esp and back doesn't get worked at all. Kayla did feature me as one of her before and afters twice. It is a challenging program, high cardio effect. I'd call it an endurance program for sure.
Does she explain why there's no back work? Is it an aesthetics thing?
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 02:35 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 06:24 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
To clarify the liss portion, she wants you to do 3 days liss and later ADDS hiit. It does not replace the liss.
I never did liss anyway. The workouts have cardio built into the. Very metabolic.
Thanks for clarifying! Like I said before, I never made it past a few weeks. LOL! I read through the guides but never made it to the HIIT stage. There is just too much high impact for me. I love the workouts, but my knees don't!
Old 01-10-16, 12:17 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Does she explain why there's no back work? Is it an aesthetics thing?
She doesnt, no. Lower back is also neglected which can be a problem when you are doing a lot of crunch type moves..If you look at her pics most of them do have a similar look. You aren't going to build a whole lot of muscle on this plan. You do a LOT of reps as you go on and you do a lot of cardio. The look is more lean with defined abs.
Old 01-10-16, 08:43 PM  
lisarah

Thanks for answering my question all!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 02:53 AM  
runnermom

I am amazed at her before/after success stories-including yours edensmom! Is her program really so unique or is there anything else similar to it on dvd?

ETA: Never mind- read earlier in the thread and my question was already answered. Need to be more awake when I read and post!
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayla itsines, paper workouts