Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-13, 08:43 PM  
kiwichick

JMBR- lost 28 inches overall and saw huge gains in strength and cardio very quickly. But 90 days of just one instructer...
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 09:40 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Forgot to add that I did 30 day shred and couch to 5k 2 years ago. I lost inches and gained strength with 30DS and lost a few pounds. Then I did C25K---all 8 weeks and only lost a pound----my eating habits were awful at the time! That's when I realized diet was key.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 10:43 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
JMBR- lost 28 inches overall and saw huge gains in strength and cardio very quickly. But 90 days of just one instructer...
That's amazing, kiwichick!! Good for you! My sister is doing this rotation right now, and she loves it, and is having great results too
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 11:32 PM  
txfitmom

Loving this thread, really interesting to see what everyone's results are.

I mostly mix and match workouts and avoid strict rotations, but did at least a month or two of the following:

CLX: Definitely leaned out all over, much more toned arms, felt my core was a lot tighter. I used bands during this rotation instead of weights. I subbed in my own cardio of walking instead of the CLX cardio. Was at my lowest weight in the past few years after only a month of CLX.

STS: Only did STS 1, but felt like my lower body bulked tremendously, was not a good look for me as a pear. I did have a really strong upper body and pretty toned arms from all the pushups. Hated the music and general feel of these workouts so ditched them only a month into the rotation.

Leslie Sansone: Did a month long challenge of walking every day with her workouts, usually longer ones from 30 to 60 minutes. Did not lose a single pound, had terrible leg pains and bruises on my legs.

Turbo Jam and YBB: A few years ago did a modified rotation with TJ and YBB. Mostly rotated through the shorter TJ workouts (abs, 20 min) and the cardio YBB workouts. Was in pretty good shape at the time, was also doing a lot of walking too.

Ellen Barrett: For several months rotated through her workouts, not in a formal rotation, but was such an addict that I did her workouts probably at least every other day. Mostly the Fit TV All Star Workouts, Crunch, and Self workouts. Was in really good shape, lean, thin, pretty strong core.

Tracy Anderson: I did a month long rotation of her bootcamp book and then a month or two of meta hip. Slimmed down a lot in my hips and thighs. Lost quite a bit of inches, also lost around 8 pounds. Not sure if I would have continued to lose weight, but got bored and moved on to something else.

Jari Love: Did a summer long rotation of Jari workouts, mostly with her earlier DVDs. I actually was at a lower weight at the time and was pretty lean, my upper body was definitely stronger, but I did not progress any farther, hit a major plateau. Looking back I think I should have mixed in other workouts for lower body work to work on my pear shape more and get better results.

Slim Series: I only lasted a couple of weeks on this one. The workouts are kind of boring, but I pushed on anyway. Amazingly, did not lose a single inch or pound, pretty disappointed with that one.

Cindy Whitmarsh: Using several of her DVDs, Incredible Abs, Barry's Bootcamp, Total Body Sculpt, etc I have gotten really quick results. My abs get considerably tighter, arms lean out well, just fitter overall and I don't have to do a super long workout, just 10-20 minutes a day.

Joyce Vedral: I did a rotation of her workouts for about two months. I did not lose any weight, but did gain upper body strength and core strength. I think I may have been eating too much at the time (peanut butter my nemesis) which caused my failed results. I did not gain any weight at the time, so I think I was just maintaining my weight by doing the workouts. Would love to try this rotation again without the added calories!

Jessica Smith (online workouts): I have been rotating through Jessica's workouts since January, about 4 months. I have lost inches, especially legs and hips. My arms look fairly toned for not using heavy weights, which I am amazed by. My abs even seem flatter. My weight has not changed, but not worried about that as much as long as I feel like I look better in my clothes which I do. Going to continue this rotation throughout the summer and maybe add on something else like barre, CLX, etc.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 11:47 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Reading your posts is fascinating; our very own lab results!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 05:36 AM  
cam522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - That's fantastic! I wish I could have those kind of results with ANY PROGRAM!!

It's fun to read about all of the different Programs and everyone's results. I'm a rotation flunkee but with that said I have actually completed 2 of them:

Weider X-Factor, I did this program to prove to myself that YES, I can finish a rotaiton and did. I liked it because it was strictly body weight and that was fun to me. Wht did I gain? - some endurance.

MET Rx 180, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it - this will forever be my all time favorite workout DVD/Program everything! It is straight lifting and NO compound moves, I'm not too coordinated when it comes to moving upper and lower body at the same time, although I have improved somewhat. What did I gain? - Strength, lost 1" in my waist and 5 lbs. I would of done alot better but I didn't follow their eating plan.

JMBR, this is my 3rd attempt at it, the first 2X's I quit after Week #5, I just completed Week #6 so I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. What have i gained so far? - Coordination, I am becoming better at compound moves.

Chalene Extreme, I was bound and determined to complete this program but failed with the 2 weeks left - I just couldn't do it. The dread factor was too much for me. Not to mention I was hungry alll the time.

P90X, this program was fun for me and to me Tony Horton is awesome! But with that said I only completed the 1st month - see giving me anytime off from a program or changing it somewhat will let my mind wander and I won't go back to it because something else will catch my eye. I really want to complete 1 round though. I was doing the Lean Program and definately saw my strength & running improve.

RKS, made it through Week #11 and tweeked my back, not from this program but from something else, I can't remember what now. I am now attempting this again and hopefully this time I will complete it.

Supreme 90, almost completed this one but didn't because I had a stress fracture - no excuse but I used it as one. I like it because the workouts are short and leaves plenty of time to add running and pilates/yoga or something else and besides that I like Tom Horton.

I use to follow Cathe's Rotation from FITtv and I seriously gained strength, endurance and leaned out. I sooooo miss FITtv - Discovery Fit & Health only has Gilad on from 6:00 am to 7:00 am after that there is no fitness whattsoever - it's mainly child birth.

What Programs I have that I have yet to try - Tapout XT, Body Beast & Les Mills Pump, probably more but I can't think of them off the top of my head along with a ton of single DVDs that I will get to them eventually.

...Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 07:23 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Joanna, did you do the original bootcamp set? I bought it years ago, and it's sitting unopened on my shelves. Are you supposed to just cycle through all five DVDs in order? Thanks!
The one I did had only two workouts and used stretchy bands.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:05 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
The one I did had only two workouts and used stretchy bands.
Thanks, Joanna!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 09:36 AM  
ncl

This is a really interesting thread. Let me start by saying I don't stick with rotations very much, but I have tried, so I don't know if I've ever finished more than 6 weeks of something.

Firm 90 day: I have started this multiple times and I always ended up getting muscle spasms in my back, so didn't get past month 1.

STS: have attempted this twice. Both times I got injured. I don't think this type of weight lifting is for me. I know and have good form, but I won't try this again and think I should sell or swap it, now that I think about it.

P90x: I did my own cardio as I think Tony's cardio in this is the pits. Doing my own cardio helped me stick with the program longer cause I could still get my Cathe fix, I think about 6 weeks. My favorite gain from this is being able to do big girl pushups now for all pushups in most workouts and this is a gain I have maintained for years. My upper body and core got much stronger. I lost a few pounds as well.

Body for Life: Now that I think about it, I got very good results with this rotation. I got MUCH stronger. I was doing river rafting at the time and remember how much stronger my paddle strokes had gotten...it was cool! I also lost weight doing this, had comments from coworkers about getting smaller and smaller. I got bored as I do with rotations, but had forgotten about this and may return to it at some point. There is also the diet part to this, which i did follow.

Self challenge 2000: I did a self challenge this particular year. I did mostly Firms for the cardio and weight workouts and some walking and for the stretching segments I did yoga. There is a huge diet component to this and I think that made a huge difference. I did the whole thing and lost about 10 lbs. I may look into this again, too.

Ballet Body DVDs: I did this most recently. I was doing the total body workout 3 times per week and doing my own cardio. I did this for a month. Let me just say that I loved doing this and could have done it for a whole lot longer except that the lower body portion was bothering my knees and now they are hurting and I am back working with a PT to recover. I think, though, I may continue with the parts workouts for upper body and core and sub in lower body I know doesn't aggravate my knees. I definitely got smaller, much stronger in my core which is very cool and planks are an absolute breeze now . I wish the lower body didn't aggravate my knees. I think I could do ballet workouts for lower body once in awhile but not over and over and over like that. However, I won't be trying any lower body ballet workouts for a long time now.

Jillian Michaels rotation from her book, Making the Cut, which are gym workouts. This rotation definitely took my fitness to a different level. I think I made it through 6 or 8 weeks. I remember doing burpees for the first time...wow...they were so hard and now I can still do burpees with no problem despite that I did these workouts quite some time ago. I don't think I lost weight, but not sure what I was doing with my diet. I remember feeling great, though.

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution: got bored, did a month, month 1 was too easy. I used my own cardio because I got bored with hers. It was hard for me to do Jillian this often because some of her habits annoy me though overall I like her.

GREAT thread...so interesting.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 09:58 AM  
Just_Jo

The Skogg System: I followed their rotation for four months. Never got bored. I was trying to find the exact number, but I can't. I believe it was 42 pounds lost in four months. I know it was over 40 pounds lost. I had muscles, triceps for the first time ever! My core was tight. Everything was tight. It was amazing.

The Skogg System was the only rotation I've ever been able to follow to the letter and complete!

The Skogg System rocked my world.

I was trying to find all my data and I can't. All I found was my log sheet. During this four-month period, I did the 60-day Skogg Challenge. My results from that were a 22-pound weight loss. I can't find the inches anywhere. It was the most amazing time of my life fitness/fat loss wise. But I lost over 40 in the four months.

Last edited by Just_Jo; 05-12-13 at 10:04 AM. Reason: additional info
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, results, rotation, rotations, slim series success, successful weight loss, the firm success stories