Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-13, 02:41 PM  
TinaT

I guess I feel like if I'm going to try something from BB, .. nows the time. I purchased Hip Hop Ab, Rockin Body & Slim In 6 w/shipping for appx $100.00. I think that's a pretty good deal. (Funds from my Fluidity Barre sale came in handy).

I'm hoping to do a hybrid rotation with all of these, plus any of the Slim Series and/or Slim Express I get along the way.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 03:38 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Debbie has been tweeting about her 'new' Sin6 infomercial.

3/11 and 3/12 on Fit TV at 2:30am PST.
3/12 on TV Land at 6:00am PST.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 04:51 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Debbie has been tweeting about her 'new' Sin6 infomercial.

3/11 and 3/12 on Fit TV at 2:30am PST.
3/12 on TV Land at 6:00am PST.
I caught this yesterday morning while randomly clicking around waiting for the local news to start. The set went on sale recently and that seems to be why the infomercials are back on.

I think they may have refilmed Sin6 due to the video quality of the original. I did Start it Up this week from the original DVD set and noticed that the picture seems especially muddy. IIRC, the longer version of Start it Up was poor quality, even for VHS.

Slim Series gave me the best results ever (10 years ago... yikes!), but it was pretty tough on my body and I had to break it up with additional cardio and recovery. If I were creating a rotation today, I'd probably only use Shape it Up (broken into 2 days), Firm it Up and Mix it Up from the original set, add some cardio and yoga, and rotate in the 2 Express workouts when pressed for time. I never liked Tone it Up or Tear it Up all that much.

ETA: I actually decided last weekend to restart with Sin6 because I finally feel ready to begin adding additional workouts to my running program. I've never done the Sin6 program before, only the individual workouts here and there. The Slim Series rotation of doing a different workout each day rather than the same one for a couple of weeks was always more appealing, but I'm not quite up to those yet!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 03-10-13 at 05:07 PM. Reason: more thoughts
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 05:14 PM  
cherimac

I like Shape, Mix, and Tone, but not Firm or Tear. Next month I may mix them with cardio and/or the two Express workouts.
Old 03-10-13, 06:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hmmm. Now that I'm working out in the afternoon and not before work, I'd have time for Slim Series. Maybe I'll pull them out tomorrow. I could never handle the repetition of Sin6.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 09:55 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Hmmm. Now that I'm working out in the afternoon and not before work, I'd have time for Slim Series. Maybe I'll pull them out tomorrow. I could never handle the repetition of Sin6.

The great thing about the repetition is that you can use different music and just listen to Debbie's cues. There is a music off option. But if repetition makes it a chore and dread to workout, then Joni-O it..
Old 03-10-13, 09:59 PM  
Mandy

oh, I forgot to mention that I hope she didn't film the Slim Series in high definition. The new Slim in 6 was filmed in high definition and though its wonderful quality, it doesn't work on my Blu-ray so I have to play it on my lap top.
Old 03-11-13, 12:17 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
oh, I forgot to mention that I hope she didn't film the Slim Series in high definition. The new Slim in 6 was filmed in high definition and though its wonderful quality, it doesn't work on my Blu-ray so I have to play it on my lap top.
Nope. Slim Series was made right after Sin6 and never reshot, AFAIK. It's better quality than the Sin6 videos I have, but played fine in all 3 DVD players I've tried.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:44 AM  
rykram

I just recently ordered these (again) and came here looking for justification/inspiration. Any of you guys still doing these 7 weeks later with results or stories to share? TIA.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:09 PM  
TinaT

I have not used these much .. and I'm the one who got this started. I can't believe how fast time passes .. I could have been so much further down the road in my quest for fitness.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, firm it up, keep it up, slim in 6, slim series