Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-13, 11:35 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
Thanks Tara for staring this thread ...... I remember the older posts from last year regarding Power Music Group RX and was interested but then forgot all about them ...... your thread renewed my interest and I purchased and received this week the latest RIP workouts (I think I ordered #6 and #7) and I also purchased WAR (#1 and #2.) I hope to begin using them next week.
Please post your thoughts on the War workouts, when you get a chance to do them. TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 11:38 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Please post your thoughts on the War workouts, when you get a chance to do them. TIA
I will .... I hope they are good.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-13, 08:41 AM  
Diana3271

About the War workouts:

How do these compare to Combat and/or Turbo Fire?

These workouts are 60 minutes long. How long is the actual cardio part?

How is the volume of the music compared to instructor's voice?

Any other thoughts?

TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-16-13, 12:37 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
About the War workouts:

How do these compare to Combat and/or Turbo Fire?

These workouts are 60 minutes long. How long is the actual cardio part?

How is the volume of the music compared to instructor's voice?

Any other thoughts?

TIA
Hi Diana,

I just completed War 1 and I really did enjoy it. I did a 30 minute run right before popping in War 1 and I felt that I got a great workout.

I do have Combat from Beachbody, which I have still view, however, I do own Turbo Fire and prefer Power Music.

The music was great, although the instructors' voices were muffled at times, but I could still hear what they were saying ..... the volume of the music was fine, although I would have preferred it louder.

A complaint I do have is that I was expecting kickboxing (upper and lower body work) however, found the lower body lacking ...... this workout is mainly upper body focused and I loved the fast pace ...... I got a good sweat going, but this workout would have been perfect if there was lower body work ...... there is a warm-up for upper body and another one for lower body but for lower body it was basic (each warm-up is about 5 minutes,) .... I was expecting side-kicks, crescent kicks, etc. anything, and didn't get it (basically there was some lower body work, but not balanced with the amount of upper-body work.) I did also purchase War 2 which I have yet to view and not sure if perhaps each workout has a main focus ...... e.g. War 1 is upper-body focused and War 2 is lower-body focused which I hope is the case ...... there is also a War 3 which I am tempted to purchase. Even though I did not get the lower body work in War 1, I truly loved the workout ....... it was fun, fast-paced and a great calorie burner for me. War 1 will be a keeper for me (because I found it fun,) and I will just have to add in my own lower body work to make it complete for me.
Old 01-16-13, 10:08 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Did you get a shipping notice? How long did it take to arrive? TIA
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 10:33 PM  
Diana3271

lapis Thank you for the info on these. I am so tempted. I love kickboxing! A lot of workouts seem to be more boxing than an even mix of upper and lower (kickboxing). I think one good thing about combat is that they do quite a bit of kicking. Thank you, again.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-17-13, 12:07 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Did you get a shipping notice? How long did it take to arrive? TIA
Debbie, I did post a reply to you the other day, but noted that it vanished?????? I never received a shipping notice ....... My order was shipped same day and I received it in three days (order shipped from Utah, and I live in PA.)
Old 01-17-13, 12:09 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
lapis Thank you for the info on these. I am so tempted. I love kickboxing! A lot of workouts seem to be more boxing than an even mix of upper and lower (kickboxing). I think one good thing about combat is that they do quite a bit of kicking. Thank you, again.
So far War 1 is mainly upper body work. I plan on doing War 2 tonight and of course I ordered War 3 yesterday. I will let you know regarding War 2 if the workout is more balanced. (hopefuly it is)
Old 01-18-13, 11:13 AM  
kariev34

So you have to get the cd and booklet right? You can't just buy the DVDs? The Rip workouts look awesome!!!!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 05:32 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
So you have to get the cd and booklet right? You can't just buy the DVDs? The Rip workouts look awesome!!!!
Yes, you have to purchase the entire set which includes the workout, music cd and booklet. I purchased Rip 6 and 7 which looked good ..... I hope to try them out next week ..... I have still to try War 2 but hopefully this weekend. (War 3 should arrive tomorrow according to tracking.)

Tags
group rx, power music, power music group rx