Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-12, 05:41 AM  
acescholar

JNL Fusion -- what do and don't you like about it?

Now that JNL Fusion has been out for a while, I'm curious to see what you all think about the set in general and specific workouts in particular. Any feedback is appreciated (including comments about intensity, thoroughness of muscles targeted, whether the set is worth it, etc) -- positive, negative, neutral. Thanks!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 09:47 AM  
violingal3

I was one the fence and passed when it first came out, then I caved and I just love, love, love this set. JNL makes basic weight training fun for me and I can do anything she throws my way for 30 seconds. I love her over the top personality - she's fun and I think that's what keeps me motivated and makes it go by fast (music here is nothing to get excited about).

I was worried these would be too easy, but it's really what you put into it. I mainly use 12, 15 and 20 lb dumbbells and go slower during the weight segments and kick it up during the cardio bursts. I don't feel guilty when I only get one 30 minute workout in, I could have easily lifted for an hour with Cathe and ran for another 30 minutes to accomplish what I do in a JNL workout.

I generally shy away from weight workouts that aren't total body, but I really enjoy the way it's split. You still really get a good total body blast between the cardio and body weight moves.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 11:32 AM  
acescholar

Thanks violingal3, these are helpful comments! The split looks good to me as well.
Old 08-14-12, 08:32 PM  
lorajc

I enjoy these also and agree with a lot of the comments above. I like her over the top personality also plus her lipstick...LOL. She has some unique moves...like Titanium Tucks. She also shows a modification for people with injuries (like me). They do pack a punch in a 1/2 hour or you could use them as an add on or back to back for a killer workout. I sort of burned out on them....but I'll be picking them back up after I'm done playing around with Deltafit.

I think JNL Fusion is one of my fave cardio/weight circuit workouts out there.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 11:01 PM  
princess76

Wow! These sound so good.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 06:54 PM  
beospenser

I love these workouts. I've been following her YouTube videos for awhile. Depending on how important these things are to you, these are some things I would note:
*workouts are about 30 minutes
*all moves are 30 second strength followed by 30 sec cardio
*bc there's no rest, it's hard to go as heavy as you could
*you will sweat...a lot!
*there is no warmup and essentially no real cool down
*you can always modify the cardio moves to something easier (I sometimes jump rope rather than do burpees)
*there is only one total body DVD. The rest are body parts
beospenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 07:42 PM  
zippity

I like how she features the other people in the workout; it's not all about her, and that's very appealing to me. She's confident and generous.
Old 08-16-12, 09:25 PM  
bayportsmom

I've done all of the workouts once, and I've really liked them all. The time flies by, no dread, you can make them as hard (increase the weights, higher impact) as you want, or make them more mellow. What I'm really surprised about is the constant DEEP butt DOMS I've had this last 2 weeks!!! Is it the weighted move followed immediately by a plyometric version of the same move in the leg routines? Whatever it is, I like it!!!

I really like the 30 minute timeframe - I've either doubled them up or added on yoga or turbo at the gym, and the split schedule is great. It's given my poor beat up shoulder some much needed rest.

She is positive, energetic, and she puts me in a good mood! I can't think of any negatives. She likes to work the glutes and mentions it a lot. To me, that's a good thing!

Oh! And their customer service is great! All of my discs came out scuffed/scratched (I was expecting this, and all of them play fine except one). I emailed CS and had a replacement disc in 2 days. I'm really happy with this purchase!
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 09:45 PM  
kitty12

I have three weeks left in the rotation and am really loving it and am still doing other workouts as well. I agree with all the previous statements.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 03:55 AM  
acescholar

Thank you all for these helpful comments--these are sounding really good! I keep hoping JNL will run another special.

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, scratched dvds