Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-12, 07:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Who would you like to see produce a yoga "system?"

The boards are abuzz with discussions about Ultimate Yogi, Blissology and other yoga "systems" past and present.

Who would you like to see produce a yoga system? I for one would love to see Jason Crandall come out with a yoga series on disc. I love his classes on YogaGlo. He has a nice voice for instructing, a good sense of humor and is a wonderful instructor. He gives lots of form pointers and tips but he is not clinical in his delivery.

On the fun side, I would like more from Teigh & Gillian! Years ago they had hinted about coming out with a Kundalini series but that never happened. I would snap that up!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 07:43 AM  
sherry7899

I would love a kundalini series from Gillian and Teigh!!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 07:57 AM  
kitty12

Janet Stone!!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 08:23 AM  
laurajhawk

I could envision Ravi & Ana doing a really good kundalini series -- but it would be just ridiculous for me to have a dozen more DVDs from them, so I wish they'd publish a series-style, month-long rotation using their existing DVDs, instead!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 08:30 AM  
Vee

Nobody...unless....

A yoga system needs to be inspired to qualify as a system. It can't just be a set of classes. A "system" should be more than many classes that you acquire as a set for variety.

....so....unless someone has an idea for a set of classes that work together as a rotation, with complementary purposes to various classes, (and the concept is not a copy of Ultimate Yogi) I would rather combine yoga from various instructors and focus myself.

I never gave Blissology a fair chance, and I could be wrong, but I don't recall them as clearly complementing each other. They seemed like really nice yoga...but not a system.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 08:34 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Rod Stryker!

His guide meditations have become part of my daily practice and I would love to have a yoga system based on his Para Yoga teachings.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 09:03 AM  
PeakFitness

I'd like a system that has complementary practices, but in each a different style of yoga. That would require different instructors.
Old 06-08-12, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Rod Stryker!

His guide meditations have become part of my daily practice and I would love to have a yoga system based on his Para Yoga teachings.
Yes, I'd want the system to include guided meditations - and a booklet on yogic philosophy and teachings - but not a tape measure.

Vee - I agree, it would need to be integrated and inspired.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 09:14 AM  
missmomus

Erich Schiffman - something like the Backyard series with different focuses and his usual excellent sequencing would be good.

Fiji McAlpine from doyogawithme.com - I'd be interested to see what she would come up with...I love her instruction style.

I'd also go for Ultimate Yogi 2, in a heartbeat.
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 09:52 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus View Post
Erich Schiffman - something like the Backyard series with different focuses and his usual excellent sequencing would be good.

.........I'd also go for Ultimate Yogi 2, in a heartbeat.
Erich was my first thought when I saw the thread but it would have to be something delightfully different since he doesn't strike me as a "system" kind of yogi

Looking forward to UY short and sweets!! Don't know how they are going to match the first set in terms of quality and appeal but I have high hopes.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parayoga.com, systems, yoga