Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-12, 01:49 PM  
calendria

thanx so much. I soooo have to have a look at this classical stretch. any recommendations for a beginner?
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 03:35 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I tried it once and Joni-O'd it immediately. I couldn't stand it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 04:06 PM  
suegy3

I had one DVD and although I did get results, it was so boring that I couldn't stand it! I sold the DVD.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 07:50 PM  
faith458

Tracey, I took an online course with an instructor too. I learned about the Bar Method from a t-tapp trainer. I will say I learned to pay more attention to form after doing t-tapp.

I shouldn't admit this, but I will still walk behind someone and think "Oops, duck feet!"

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 08:36 AM  
TamiT

I think her newer stuff is better. Ladybug a better version of her original Total Workout also has a floor workout on it and Basic Tempo has better instruction plus each exercise is featured on a menu. I also like Barefoot Basic even though I can't complete the HoeDown challenge section (yikes)

I agree that it's not for everyone but what I learned from T-Tapp has helped me be able to do other workouts and get more from them
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 12:51 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith458 View Post
Tracey, I took an online course with an instructor too. I learned about the Bar Method from a t-tapp trainer. I will say I learned to pay more attention to form after doing t-tapp.

I shouldn't admit this, but I will still walk behind someone and think "Oops, duck feet!"

Faith
I also have some things I learned from her program and I feel bad for being negative because I do not believe in talking negative about a program when it could be a benefit to someone else, especially when you have not given the program a chance and I mean at least a year. I did give T-tapp 11 years. I made the mistake of only doing her program as recommended at the time, but after doing TA, I learned why I probably had all the problems; too much of one thing. But I did take away things of awareness which help me understand other programs such as TA. Such as neurokentic flow and things such as that. Right now I use TA or CS/ES as examples because those are the programs I am having so much fun with right now, plus I see results which I never expected to, but I think there is something to switching up the moves to keep your body progress and that is what I was lacking doing just T-tapp and my body started "reversing" is how I describe it. Miranda is pretty good at explaining, but TA is not. But because of T-tapp and Miranda, I can understand alot of the things Tracy does in her moves, such as squeezing the toes before extending the leg back, etc. Such things as that. So, I do not mean to be all negative, there is just "things" that I learned along the way that just really bother me.
Off to my day!
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 11:28 PM  
calendria

what is ta?
Old 05-27-12, 11:49 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calendria View Post
what is ta?
Tracy Anderson
Old 05-28-12, 01:12 AM  
calendria

what is her program like? right now I am introducing myself to t-tapp. I benefited from it by knowing form and stuff but it doesn't really affect my body so I quit.

Tags
dislike, t-tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results