Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-12, 03:51 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
I did T-tapp for 11 years determined to get the results she promised. I only did her program. I went to retreats and spent alot of money on one to one training. In time, I found alot of trainers did other forms of fitness. I was actually impressed with a few of their physiues and found out they were doing Classical stretch. A couple others the Bar Method. Over time I tightened up extremely in the hips, had poor posture, and shoulder and knee issues. Always a stiff back upon awakening. Now in the beginning, I had results, but later on issues. Once a trainer turned me on to classical stretch, I never did T-tapp again. My body has changed so much now and I feel so good and my skin looks refreshed. I do TA and Classical stretch now and TA talks about changing your workouts up, etc. I think that is where T-tapp is extremely lacking. All her workouts are the same moves, so I can see now where our results would stop and actually reverse. Teresa kept saying her workouts are all you need, but I feel now I should have been combining with something else. Now, I have no desire to go back to them.
Interesting. I love CS!
Old 02-12-12, 05:08 PM  
faith458

I tried it for 9 months. I actually felt good when I did the workouts, but I had very minimal results. I worked and worked on my form and still no results. What finally did me in was being constantly told that it must be my form (therefore my fault) that was keeping me from getting results.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 05:16 PM  
calendria

okay, thanx. thats what i was thinking. I think that I'll keep on doing MORE 1x per week because it does help me with my knees. My knees do feel better in t-tapp stance and all.
calendria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 03:28 AM  
Negin

I've never really done them and have no interest. They seem boring. Plus, a good friend ruined it all for me when she mentioned how annoying her eyebrows and cadence are. I have to say that even though it sounds a bit shallow, I agree. I don't like either. Never mind the fact that it seems a bit tricky and hard to do. I just know that I would be a T-Tapp flunkie.
Old 02-13-12, 09:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I can't stand her. I think she's a big phony who charges too much money, especially for all the supplements she sells and is always pushing. I tried her program years ago, after hearing about all these miraculous losses of massive quantitites of inches. It was also promised she would help my back pain. She put my back out, hurt my knees, and after two miserable weeks with her I sold the set on Ebay. Everyone on her forum accused me of not using proper form and said it was my fault for putting my back out. I love JaneC's review on her old original system here.

T-Tapp works great for a lot of people, and that's wonderful for them. I'd rather do other, fun things and get results and real, tangible back pain relief.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 09:38 AM  
Kesal

I've been doing T-Tapp for a few years with great results... for my purposes. I look at it primarily as a rehab that allows me to do other workouts and activities without pain or injury. I give the Total Workout complete credit for fixing my bad shoulder and neck pain, and helping to keep lower back pain and hip pain at bay. It's just a bonus that it feels like a great workout on its own, as well, and when I have done T-Tapp exclusively for a few weeks I feel stronger and fitter and more balanced. Trying to master the form is satisfying for me, not boring at all.

It's true that the workouts are expensive, but for the amount of use I get out of mine, they are my best purchases. From my shelf of about 60-70 dvds, T-Tapp makes up more than 25% of my workouts over the course of the year.

I'm not saying that you should do it if you don't like it or it aggravates some injury; you should absolutely follow your common sense and personal preference (for example, I only do standing T-Tapp workouts; I cannot click with the floor work at all). I just didn't want someone who searches for information about T-Tapp to come away from the thread with the impression that everyone hates it or gets hurt .
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 11:39 AM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith458 View Post
I tried it for 9 months. I actually felt good when I did the workouts, but I had very minimal results. I worked and worked on my form and still no results. What finally did me in was being constantly told that it must be my form (therefore my fault) that was keeping me from getting results.

Faith
That drove me nuts about form. I paid alot of money for one on one training and used several trainers. One would tell me how great my form was and results would come (I had already been at it 8 years), then one would tell me how my posture has weakened and how tight my hips were, etc. It got so confusing. I was told you can over work the shoulder on trying to get form and actually do damage, which I did, I still pay for if I am not careful. And I have wonked out my knees after years of Knee to little toe, lift big toe, push knees out. You can actually overdue that if not careful and do a 150%, which Teresa pointed out to me once. Expensive, yes it can get. I would also not want to become a trainer as I have gotten to know some, and it is not something I want to get involved in. I won't mention names as I would not want to get them in trouble but I am so grateful to the ones who told me about Classical Stretch and the Bar Method as they are what immediately made feel great and change my posture. I also Tracy Anderson now, which I had also heard about from a Tapp trainer. I only do two programs now as I do not want to try to fit "so" many exercise programs into my schedule and burn out. But I really do wish I would have explored other programs than T-Tapp as it is not, for me, what it was promised to be. And I did put in the time and studied.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 11:41 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

T-Tapp gave me pain in my lower back.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 11:46 AM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith458 View Post

Faith
Oh, another thing, I will mention one trainer Renee who goes on TV with Teresa and really promotes Teresa as the fitness program that does miracles. Well, she is training as a Classical Stretch instructor, and incorporates those exercises in her classes, but of coarse will not mention CS as I do not think that is "allowed". But Renee's posture and look has really improved since doing Classical Stretch.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-12, 12:10 PM  
Demeris

I do classical stretch, barre, and t-tapp, almost exclusively. I can't say bad things about any of them, and they all require proper form.

Now, I can spend the week explaining how yoga, hatha, power, and bikram, killed my knees, my back, my neck, and my shoulders. My sister lives for these kinds of yoga.

I guess that what I'm suggesting is that each body is different, and each body responds differently to different exercise modalities (I think that may be the first time I have ever used the word 'modalities.')
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dislike, t-tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results