Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-11, 09:41 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I just caved on this set. The reviews are just so good and the price is right. Plus, I'm much more consistent with sets. I can't wait to receive this. Anyone know if they are still backordered?

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 09:49 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
50 minutes or less

I thought they were closer to 60 minutes. I'll have to go back and check it out.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 06:50 PM  
bellee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I'm in the middle of Week 2 and I'm down 2.2 pounds. This is awesome for me because I'm such a slow loser. I've done Insanity, P90X, Firm, Asylum and others and never had this much success this fast. I love that it's a balanced program and there's absolutely no dread factor. This is my first experience with Michelle and I loved it so much that I ordered her Ultimate Workout and her other BreakThru workouts to use in a rotation after PeakFit.

PeakFit rocks!
Lesia
Good for you, Lesia! Did you change your diet? I'm starting my second week today and haven't lost any weight. I've lost 3cm / 1 inch overall. I thought my diet was ok, but I guess not. The program is enjoyable though!
bellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 07:23 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
I thought they were closer to 60 minutes. I'll have to go back and check it out.
closer to 60 with cooldown. However, cardio interval burn is the longest of the set at 60 minutes in length
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 07:48 PM  
lesia

I just cut back on my food intake. Part of my success I think is that I've had a lot of migraines in the past year and I've been sidelined on exercise. Not sleeping well and overly tired. I finally got a recommendation from my physician to go see a neurologist and he prescribed some meds that luckily worked well with my body. I told him that I'd had migraines since I was a teen and at 44 I thought it was just something I had to live with. The meds started working a week into taking them. My sleep improved and my energy soared. I'm back to the energy level I had years ago.

In short, over the last year, I was lucky to workout 3 times a week and it was my hobby, but it came to be a chore. Around the time I was prescribed this med, my body "woke up" and I resumed my workout schedule. I wanted something new because I felt like I was "alive again".

I'm not following the plan that comes with PeakFit, but I'm conscious of what's going in my mouth. I know with these workouts I've got to eat well to have the energy to go.

I hope this made sense.
Lesia
who thinks her neurologist is a rockstar...and told him so!
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 11:14 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I just cut back on my food intake. Part of my success I think is that I've had a lot of migraines in the past year and I've been sidelined on exercise. Not sleeping well and overly tired. I finally got a recommendation from my physician to go see a neurologist and he prescribed some meds that luckily worked well with my body. I told him that I'd had migraines since I was a teen and at 44 I thought it was just something I had to live with. The meds started working a week into taking them. My sleep improved and my energy soared. I'm back to the energy level I had years ago.

In short, over the last year, I was lucky to workout 3 times a week and it was my hobby, but it came to be a chore. Around the time I was prescribed this med, my body "woke up" and I resumed my workout schedule. I wanted something new because I felt like I was "alive again".

I'm not following the plan that comes with PeakFit, but I'm conscious of what's going in my mouth. I know with these workouts I've got to eat well to have the energy to go.

I hope this made sense.
Lesia
who thinks her neurologist is a rockstar...and told him so!
No comment on PeakFit, but Lesia I am so thrilled for you. What a relief!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 05:47 PM  
lesia

Thanks Dobby!

I really appreciate it. I'm quite excited that I've told many people about my success with meds for my migraines. It's such a relief to know that I'm okay. I don't feel like I'm sick to my stomach, or that my head is going to blow up. My workouts are so much more enjoyable. I actually feel young again.

As for PeakFit, I did Pure Strength 2 and it's a toughie. I'm doing the workouts, but I'm trying all of them out first. It's a bit different from Pure Strength 1 and I love the tick-tock lunges and runner's arms...ouchie!

Good Stuff.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, peak fit, peak fit challenge, scratched dvds