Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-11, 02:55 PM  
pedmom

Geez now I'm worried! I just ordered this set yesterday! It looks SO good. I hope I am in the minority.
pedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 03:16 PM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
This comment from Michelle actually soured me:

I am sorry about your experience with EBAY. I think when chat groups start "chatting" things get out of proportion
Comments like that bother me too. Dismissing a legitimate complaint out of hand is not going to help the public perception of your product.
Old 08-15-11, 03:45 PM  
saffron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw3 View Post
Does this mean that the set I just ordered last week won't come in until October?!?
I'm don't know. I seem to remember another VFer posting about a back order issue ... perhaps you could call PeakFit customer service to double check.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 05:22 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Most people that ordered this set from VF had scratched disks. However, we don't know how many people outside of VF actually requested replacements. Maybe only 10% of sales requested replacements. For both of my sets, I checked them much more than other new disks and yes, they were scratched (2nd set not as much) but since the first set plays perfectly, I'm satisfied and have the 2nd set as backups. I'm sure a lot of VFers fall into this category - not contacting her that the 2nd set still has issues.

So from her perspective, she might not be downplaying the problem.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 06:12 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Barb, I was thinking the same thing. I don't think she's TRYING to be dismissive; it just sounds that way from the scratch recipient's perspective. Kinda looks and smells that way too.

I still haven't heard about or seen the "new dvds" coming comment and where the OP got that information.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 06:36 PM  
andtckrtoo

I've had no issues with my set. No scratches and everything plays beautifully. They were a bit slow to arrive but they did arrive and I'm thrilled I have them. They are wonderful workouts.
Old 08-15-11, 07:49 PM  
magmolmacmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I'm sure it's someone who sold their scratch set.

This comment from Michelle actually soured me:

I am sorry about your experience with EBAY. I think when chat groups start "chatting" things get out of proportion

Sounds very similar to what Chris at SNM said during the sound issue fiasco.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I love Michelle and I love her workouts but this issue has really bothered me and I don't agree with her comments about chat groups. This was a legitimate issue. As a consumer it was hard to justify paying almost $70 for a product that was scratched and scuffed, whether they played or not. They should have stopped production, fixed the problem and then resumed sending out kits. Right now if you purchase there is no guarantee that your set will come blemish free. I basically just gave up on getting a set I found acceptable.
Old 08-15-11, 08:16 PM  
IrishOT

For those of you that needed replacements due to scratched disks, do you have to call CS or can you email them? Mine are scuffed and the ones I've done play okay, but as someone mentioned, paying $70 for a set, they shouldn't be scratched.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 08:30 PM  
mlsp

Maybe I haven't been following this as closely as I should, and I can't see the Facebook posts, so somebody please tell me if I'm on the wrong track here. Is the chat groups blowing things out of proportion comment a slam at VF?

I've had this on my wish list forever, and I knew I would eventually buy it, but if we at VF are being slammed, I'll just cross it off for good. I wouldn't have even known this program existed if it weren't for VF.

Just in case I'm interpreting things wrong, I wanted to check and see if I've missed something or am reading this wrong. Otherwise, my loyalty to VF is a lot stronger than my desire for these workouts.
mlsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 08:53 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsp View Post
Maybe I haven't been following this as closely as I should, and I can't see the Facebook posts, so somebody please tell me if I'm on the wrong track here. Is the chat groups blowing things out of proportion comment a slam at VF?

I've had this on my wish list forever, and I knew I would eventually buy it, but if we at VF are being slammed, I'll just cross it off for good. I wouldn't have even known this program existed if it weren't for VF.

Just in case I'm interpreting things wrong, I wanted to check and see if I've missed something or am reading this wrong. Otherwise, my loyalty to VF is a lot stronger than my desire for these workouts.
There was a VFer who posted towards the end of last week looking for someone who was willing to give her their scratched DVD because the set she bought from Ebay wouldn't play.

Based on the whole content of Michelle's reply, I would be willing to bet that it is VF she is referring to, even though she only knows about a chat group.

Regardless, this is so reminiscent of Chris and SNM and how they handled the sound issue. I don't have a problem that supposedly only 10% had issued, it really bothered me that she said that things tend to get out of proportion in chat groups.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, peak fit, peak fit challenge, scratched dvds