Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-11, 05:04 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I love Gilad. I mostly do his FitTV Total Body Sculpt workouts (not the old Bodies in Motion ones, which are sometimes still aired). It you have access to FitTv you can check out his workouts.
Old 01-30-11, 05:16 PM  
deesharee

Gilad's Getting Fit in Jerusalem is awesome! I miss FitTv... I would do his workouts every day. So instead I just bought the one's I love - Total Body Sculpt, 45/45 Split, QuickFit, The Best of Bodies in Motion - all must haves IMHO.

You can never, ever, ever, ever go wrong with Gilad!
Old 01-30-11, 05:57 PM  
Kyra

Definitely check him out on FitTv if you can. His workouts do look like fun, even if they're not exactly my thing (which is much more gym-oriented). Sometimes I have his show playing while I'm lifting and I'll do whatever he's doing during my rest periods just because he's that infectious. Very up tempo pace, and great scenery.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 01:46 PM  
acey

Another Giladiator here. For a stretch of time (when many of my workouts were stuck in packing boxes as we awaited word on our on-spec condo), I did Gilad several times a week -- that's a LOT for a flighty, non-rotations, non-monogamous vidiot like me! And actually, I got great results from doing his workouts so consistently even though I never had a dread factor about them.

His Quick Fix workouts make great add-ons.
Old 09-30-11, 08:48 PM  
chrisaerobics

2ndgen & folks,

Let me be another one to say that I enjoy Gilad's workouts! Have been doing them for years! I love them!

Gilad has a warm & great personality and a cool sense of humor!

I have his Hips, Abs & Arms Toning, and Step & Tone VHS tapes!

"You can do it! Always! You know you can! I know you can!"
chrisaerobics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:03 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have done Gilad's Step Aerobics twice this week. I get quite a workout with this one and I don't even add any hops or jumps. I had it on VHS then sold it, but rebought the DVD this year, glad I have it back.

I also like the Men Arms of Steel workout that he leads, need to do that one more often.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:33 PM  
2ndgen

Thanks for reviving this thread as I had forgotten about Gilad and never did get the DVDs I wanted. Huzzah! Going to go look for him again.
Old 10-01-11, 09:33 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post
Does ANYBODY in the universe still use Gilad's DVDs? I saw some for sale. I know nothing about him really except I'd probably enjoy the workouts.

Does he do pushups? I do not want to spend money on any DVD that has pushups in it because I cannot medically do them.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.
I really enjoy his Total Body Sculpt PLUS Series. I had the express workouts and the first Total Body Sculpt series and the PLUS series has 6 workouts on 3 DVDs and I found them to be very complete and worth while. The Express is good if you like add ons or choosing segments. I personally don't which is why I am trading mine in. But the quality of it and the amount of options makes a steal if you're an Add-on kind of person. TBS (the original) has choppy production as Discovery Channel was responsible for it, not Gilad's crew. Gilad has sent me emails specifically stating he doesn't recommend that series and that if you want something similar but better quality, get the Plus Series.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 12:51 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

The only Gilad workout I have ever done is 'Arms of Steel'. It does have pushups in it at the end, so it wouldn't meet the OP's needs. I have it on VHS.

It is one of the best upper body strength workouts I have, and Gilad is a terrific and inspirational instructor. This is aimed at men but anyone can use it and benefit.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 05:12 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
My favorite Gilad workout is Sculpt and Tone. It's a 60 minute total body weight training workout. It's too long for me to do nowadays but I do sneak it in every now and again. I was 7 minutes into Crunch Total Resculpt (about 37 minute workout) this morning when my little one woke up. He was still groggy thankfully so he actually sat on the couch and watched me exercise for most of it. There was no way I would have made it all the way through Sculpt and Tone on a morning like this one. So, I don't even attempt a workout that is over 45 minutes any more unless my husband is around to keep him occupied.

I love the old Bodies in Motion series and I have one of those DVDs as well. I also have his Total Body Sculpt Series recorded from TV but I find some of them a little choppy and don't feel like I get a thorough workout doing just one. So, until I figure out how to pair them up, they're sitting on my shelf.

You can't go wrong with classic Gilad IMO.
I never knew about Sculpt and Tone, I have been looking at clips of it and I really like the looks of it! Might have to spring for this one...the only thing is it's a little longer than I prefer. But the great scenery may make up for it.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, gilad step, total body sculpt plus