Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-11, 09:18 PM  
2ndgen

Question Gilad?

Does ANYBODY in the universe still use Gilad's DVDs? I saw some for sale. I know nothing about him really except I'd probably enjoy the workouts.

Does he do pushups? I do not want to spend money on any DVD that has pushups in it because I cannot medically do them.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:17 PM  
bfit

I do Gilad workouts all the time. There are many good ones to choose from - some older and some more recent. Almost all have outdoor Hawaii settings. As for push-ups some of his workouts have a few push-ups depending on which workout you're talking about, but I would not say that push-ups are a big part of his routines. Can you provide some more information about what you're looking for? Cardio? Toning? Beginner? Intermediate?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes there are quite a few of us in the universe still loving our Gilad workouts, lol. His workouts are simple, athletic calisthenic-based and easy to pick up and follow. I still do many of his very earliest shows and the funny rapport he had with his background people (sometimes his mom and sister). The settings are gorgeous, too!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:41 PM  
2ndgen

I am just looking for something different. I am an aging gym goer but want some fun DVDs to work out with at home. I just want some aero/tone "fun" workouts. He looks fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I do Gilad workouts all the time. There are many good ones to choose from - some older and some more recent. Almost all have outdoor Hawaii settings. As for push-ups some of his workouts have a few push-ups depending on which workout you're talking about, but I would not say that push-ups are a big part of his routines. Can you provide some more information about what you're looking for? Cardio? Toning? Beginner? Intermediate?
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 11:50 PM  
KathAL79

Beware, for you have unleashed the Giladiators!

Do you get Fit TV? Gilad's shows are some of the few ones they've kept on. That way you could try before you buy.

I have trouble with some kinds of push-ups thanks to a bad elbow. I have no problem switching over to a chest press or something instead, but I know where you're coming from on not wanting to buy DVDs heavy on moves that you can't physically do.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 12:09 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm terrible at recommending instructors because I never know the other person's likes and dislikes. So here's my best advice: go to Gilad's site http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.com/. He has very lengthy previews of all his workouts, grouped by category.

For instance, his "classics" (older stuff, still great imo, but be warned Gilad wore tights! ): http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c...ssic/index.htm
Ultimate Body Sculpt DVDs: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c.../ubs/index.htm
Express DVD #1: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c...ress/index.htm
Express DVD #2: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c...clip_dvd-2.htm
Quick Fit System: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c.../qfs/index.htm
Total Body Sculpt Plus: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c...plus/index.htm

And others too. See for yourself if you even like his style and which ones you prefer.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 06:51 AM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Netflix has a good selection of Gilad's workouts. If you have a subscription you could check them out there to see if you would like him.

I used to work out with Gilad years ago when he was on ESPN, and still enjoy his workouts, mostly the aerobics ones--Step Aerobics, Elite Forces, and the Jerusalem one.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 08:35 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So here's my best advice: go to Gilad's site http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.com/. He has very lengthy previews of all his workouts, grouped by category.
Ditto this. He has great long previews. I Gilad. My personal faves:

For mixing & matching: Quick Fit & Express
For stand-alone, complete workouts: Total Body Sculpt Plus & Ultimate Body Sculpt series are nice and modern and tough
For fun: Step Aerobics

I'm not for his Bodies in Motion. I generally don't like dated (Express, TBS Plus and UBS are all pretty modern looking).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 09:49 AM  
aunatural

My favorite Gilad workout is Sculpt and Tone. It's a 60 minute total body weight training workout. It's too long for me to do nowadays but I do sneak it in every now and again. I was 7 minutes into Crunch Total Resculpt (about 37 minute workout) this morning when my little one woke up. He was still groggy thankfully so he actually sat on the couch and watched me exercise for most of it. There was no way I would have made it all the way through Sculpt and Tone on a morning like this one. So, I don't even attempt a workout that is over 45 minutes any more unless my husband is around to keep him occupied.

I love the old Bodies in Motion series and I have one of those DVDs as well. I also have his Total Body Sculpt Series recorded from TV but I find some of them a little choppy and don't feel like I get a thorough workout doing just one. So, until I figure out how to pair them up, they're sitting on my shelf.

You can't go wrong with classic Gilad IMO.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 11:15 AM  
Judy W.

One of my all time favorites is Jerusalem. His mom, the live band, the bellydancer, the camel and attendant -- and some basic yet enjoyable aerobics too. It's a tradition of mine to do it on Easter Sunday (yes, I know Gilad's Jewish, but then so was Jesus and the comparison ends there!) as well as on other times throughout the year.

His Step Workout was one of my first encounters with step, and it's been love ever since. The Express Workouts are good for add-ons, and stand alone well too. I keep most of his other ones, though I don't do them as much anymore. but I should probably try one again soon!
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, gilad step, total body sculpt plus