Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-11, 09:56 AM  
lexybeth1

Kathy Smith Great Buns and Thighs workout!

Wow~! Kathys Great Buns and Thighs was one of my first workouts, ever like 15 years ago, and I am doing STS (just started!) and wanted a simpler step cardio, and popped this in my old vcr last night, and wow! what a blast and what a great steady state fun workout! I forgot how much I loved that workout, and I think there is definitely something to be said about easier steady state types, because I definitely sweated, and my body feels gently worked out in my booty and thighs this morning! And it was just so fun and easy! I loved it, and just wanted to give it a little thumbs up this morning!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:00 AM  
muddjeansgal

I am doing STS too and have been pulling out my Kathy Smith cardio to do as well. It just really fits, not too much but a nice sweat.
I will have to get this one out this week, so far I did Timesaver Cardio and Peak Fat Burning.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:06 AM  
turbo1

I really like this one too! I've been easing back into high impact (hubby and I bulit a 6x8 cardio floor for my workout room) and I do at least 1 or 2 Kathy Smith cardio days in between the high impact days. I really don't think my body can take a lot of high impact even with the new floor (which makes a HUGE difference!) I will always have a few Kathys to do.
Old 01-27-11, 10:15 AM  
lexybeth1

Yay!

Im so happy others feel this way about her too! I agree the cardio does seem to fit so perfectly! Its like just the right level for me anyways on the days i just want some fun cardio What a great thing! To have special flooring that is, haha, my house i live in the flooring is so old undr carpets, I have certain rooms I trust more than others for my jumping around cardio, haaha Its amazing to me, the instructors that stand the test of time, like Kathy, Karen V, the older Firms, versus, say some of the newer ones that seem to fly by night
Old 01-27-11, 10:22 AM  
lexybeth1

Omg!

I didnt mean to imply newer workouts were bad or instructors haha! I mean, its amazing how far workouts and fitness has come! I love it! I have tons of workouts and lovelove love when something new hits my fancy! lol, I sometimes think how lucky I am to be 39 and altho not where I want to be fitness wise at this time, I have been there mannny times And I have my health and my 5 month old baby and other 4 children all healthy in every way Iguess Im just in a gushy mood this morning (Did Kathy do this to me?) haha
Old 01-27-11, 10:37 AM  
F1mom

Yeah, I just re-acquired a ton of her old stuff. She may not be the most exciting or hip, and you'll never see any KS threads blowing up to TA proportions but she always delivers a solid workout.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:38 AM  
Kesal

How funny... this morning I pulled Kathy Smith's Rules of Fat Burning off my shelf for the first time and did the 20 minute low impact aerobics routine, paired with the 20 minute upper body routine. I liked it so much, and I was kicking myself for letting the dvd gather dust for so long. I really liked the "split" format of Project You, but I don't have 60 minutes right now, so this turns out to be a great substitute.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 11:12 AM  
JP44

This was my first step workout and it holds a special place in my heart. I wish more instructors made vertical step workouts. I found them much easier on my knees.

This one was a great length too--35 min. of stepping so you can add onto it or tack it on after something else.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 11:34 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have always liked this step workout! I am another Kathy Smith fan. I don't remember to do her workouts a lot, but I do use them. Won't be getting rid of them, for sure!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 12:50 PM  
turbo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
This was my first step workout and it holds a special place in my heart. I wish more instructors made vertical step workouts. I found them much easier on my knees.

This one was a great length too--35 min. of stepping so you can add onto it or tack it on after something else.

Joan (JP44)

I too would like to see more verticle step workouts!

Tags
great buns and thighs, kathy smith, rules of fat burning, step